The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TheCaptain-ch1

Cam Ward out Indefinitely

Yeah, TSA. But, CAM was our back-up..

Yeah........and his regular season looked how? Gerber was the man most of last season, neither guy was playing exceptionally well down the stretch. When Cams time came, he ran with it. Crackers has playoff experience and has been playing great as of late.

Would you rather be the Slugs and have to see Conklin fill in if Miller gets injured :shock:? At least we have a solid back up who has a great relationship with the coach and team already established.

Yeah, TSA. But, CAM was our back-up..

Yeah........and his regular season looked how? Gerber was the man most of last season, neither guy was playing exceptionally well down the stretch. When Cams time came, he ran with it. Crackers has playoff experience and has been playing great as of late.

Would you rather be the Slugs and have to see Conklin fill in if Miller gets injured :shock:? At least we have a solid back up who has a great relationship with the coach and team already established.

I hate it that Cam suffered an injury today BUT gold tending IS NOT the Canes problem. Cam and Graham's numbers lately are about equal.

Cane's MAIN ISSUE is they can't score goals.

I know somebody is going to say "they skated hard ... they were in the game for 60 minutes ... they were the better playing team today."

NOPE ... the better team is the one that scores the most goals.

Something the Canes are not doing too much.

grahame is better then his record shows. it seems like whenever grahame steps it up and plays amazingly, the rest of the team doesnt show up to play. Johnny is the man and im not worried one bit about the goaltending!!

Wow. The better team scores goals? The Hurricanes played amazingly today, skated hard, but just didn't get as many chances as the Rangers..The Rangers were just verryyyyy lucky today.

Well, we've been making a lot of teams verrrrry lucky lately.

CH.com:

Ward appeared to be cut by the skate of Rangers forward Brad Isbister. The MVP of last year's playoffs took stitches on the knee after stopping 12 of 13 shots, but said the injury isn't serious.

I guess Cam didn't know how serious it was going to be after all..

Look, I'm on the ANTI-MELTDOWN SQUAD :mrgreen: ..Trying to put the good into the situation..and trust me, with Cam being my favourite player, this isn't the eaisest task for me..
I'm not an "official" A-MS member, but agree with whatthepuck. This was a low scoring playoff-type game. The Rangers didn't exactly light up the scoreboard either. We give that kind of effort here on out, we'll be rewarded more often than not.

As for Cam, if it's lacerated muscle with no nerves involved, would 4 weeks be an unreasonable recovery time (at the best-case scenario end)? Any more medical-savy folks then me out there know?

I hope Wardo is back in action soon. I still believe we have a chance at the playoffs. But if the guys can't find the back of the net soon it won't matter who's in goal.

I wont speculate or anything like that, but I think Grahme could VERY WELL lead us to a playoff spot. (Maybe not lead but you know....).

Hopefully Cam will get well soon but Grahme doesnt suck, as some people think he does. Its (Cams injury) something that the team, fans, etc, are going to have to deal with so rather than get ready to throw someone under the bus, have a little faith that THE REST of the team can step up. Thats really what we have been needing all year anyway.

:D