The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TheCaptain-ch1

Cam Ward out Indefinitely

Looking for a little humor on a sad day (since nobody reacted to my Irbe post), how 'bout this:

Depending on how soon the called-up goalie can make it to the team, there's a good likelihood that we may see Tripp Tracy suited up as goalie for practice tomorrow at the RBC Center (as he did on at least one occasion last season). That should make practice interesting...and, if nothing else, should make our powerplay look REALLY good in practice...!! :lol:

Too bad our game on 4/1 is away and not home. Tripp and Irbe out there for an April fool's Day joke. That would get us talking!!!

*edit*....hmmm, my "quote" did not work right

Well, this is Grahame's big chance to shine. He's been solid lately, and now that he's our #1 goalie, he'll have to keep it up. Really tough to lose Cam, though. Just when he was starting to get hot again.

Justin Peters 10-17 in Albany not exactly good stats looks like Grahame will have to play the last 12. We have a history of the backup coming up big Weekes, Cam last year why not Crackers this year one thing Ithink he handles the puck better then Cam but Cam is better overall. Its kinda ironic alot of people were talking about how Cam wasnt that good but now that hes out everyone thinks we cant make it.

Sucks that Cam is out for however long, but its not like Crackers can't get the job done. He's a good goaltender and does has his name on the cup. The last couple games he's played, he has looked really sharp. I think Grahame will be fine and will look forward to the challenge of helping this team get to the playoffs. He's a competitive player and I am sure he will give his 100% to help this team.

Plus, I'd rather have Crackers than Ty Conklin.

Let's show Crackers the support that Cam gets. I'm sure Cam and the rest of the team isn't waving the white flag yet. Their gonna fight to the very end and if they have support and trust in Crackers then we should too.

It may be a cliche, but the entire team needs to bring their A game the rest of the season. Tuesday's game is key to staying in the hunt and hurting the Panthers' chances of making the post-season. Then the Canes need no worse than a split of the home/home with NJ.

RedStorm--

Cam Ward apparently doesn't think its that bad. So, hopefully he's right.

If cam doesnt think it's bad doesnt mean anything. have you noticed how unusually calm he always is?? how he just waited till he could freeze the puck then skate off when he had a cut with the muscle showing??

we are screwed

I know :(

C'mon guys, don't go starting this negative talk again...it's already passed whatthepuck's bedtime... )

We are screwed

You just like to try to get under people's skin eh? Isnt it past YOUR bedtime?

Speaking as a Canes and Lightning fan, I don't and didn't have a problem with Grahame. He is a great goalie. :) It takes more than one player to win you games. Offense has to score and defense has to do there job. Thats the problem with ALOT of Lightning fans out there. They are just like Torts and love to throw goalies under buses. Thats really the only players they know how to blame. No matter how the rest of the team plays. Canes fans are so much more appreciative of their players. :D Ok sorry. Rant over.

I bet it'll take a couple of days before we know exactly how long Cam could be out. Usually stitches stay in for 7 to 10 days to allow the wound to close fully up.

The Canes need some good luck, to help them from all these injuries that keep on happening. I'm not throwing in the towel on the season yet for them though.

Speaking as a Canes and Lightning fan, I don't and didn't have a problem with Grahame. He is a great goalie. :) It takes more than one player to win you games. Offense has to score and defense has to do there job. Thats the problem with ALOT of Lightning fans out there. They are just like Torts and love to throw goalies under buses. Thats really the only players they know how to blame. No matter how the rest of the team plays. Canes fans are so much more appreciative of their players. :D Ok sorry. Rant over.

I bet it'll take a couple of days before we know exactly how long Cam could be out. Usually stitches stay in for 7 to 10 days to allow the wound to close fully up.

The Canes need some good luck, to help them from all these injuries that keep on happening. I'm not throwing in the towel on the season yet for them though.

See Bittie, you are far nicer than me. To remind everyone:

Grahame's stats last year...

29 wins

5 shut-outs

4-1 in the shoot-out.

1 game away from tying the franchise record for wins in a season...

Grahame was run out of Tampa Bay because his name is not Khabibulin.

So the Lightning go out and nab themselves their so-called "true #1 goalie" in one Marc Denis. Thus far this season he is at 16-14-2 and 1 SO w/ 3.06 GAA and a .887 Guess what folks? He was a waste of money. Lucky for them Holmqvist turned out to be what they needed. (that's right folks--their back-up) Doesn't hurt that Vinny and Marty pulled their heads out of their butts this year.

Give Grahame a break, anyone who saw him last year can se how much more relaxed and confident he is this year. He is comfortable with the team and it shows. He'll do fine.

we are screwed

C'mon guys, don't go starting this negative talk again...it's already passed whatthepuck's bedtime... )

We are screwed

you can't be serious, Grahame is a good goalie. not sure who we can get to back him up. we played a good game and our d stepped it up, we suck at shootouts which was our undoing today. tomorrow is another day. quit being a fairweather fan!!!!

we are screwed

We are screwed

you can't be serious, Grahame is a good goalie. not sure who we can get to back him up. we played a good game and our d stepped it up, we suck at shootouts which was our undoing today. tomorrow is another day. quit being a fairweather fan!!!!

I have confidence in Grahme, some people dont. I guess its just best to wait a few games and see how John does. Im SURE he's feeling plenty of pressure now though.

Btw, We ARE NOT screwed.

ignignot.gifer.gif

treci, I was biting my tongue when I was writing that. You know what I think alot of those Lightning fans can do with themselves. :x

I like how all the papers here even have coach Torts even saying Denis so far is not the #1 goalie and has not played to expectation. Ya, waste of money. The only reason the Lightning are doing as good as they are is because of VL, MSL, and plus the team is actually playing a little better defensively this season.

All I say is Go Johnny Go!!!!

treci, I was biting my tongue when I was writing that. You know what I think alot of those Lightning fans can do with themselves. :x

I like how all the papers here even have coach Torts even saying Denis so far is not the #1 goalie and has not played to expectation. Ya, waste of money. The only reason the Lightning are doing as good as they are is because of VL, MSL, and plus the team is actually playing a little better defensively this season.

All I say is Go Johnny Go!!!!