The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TheCaptain-ch1

Cam Ward out Indefinitely

The problem seems to be that the Canes have their "What's this puck you speak of? And why are we wearing skates?!" nights when Crackers is in goal. From what I've seen, Crackers has had some outstanding nights -- damn near standing on his head to stop the puck -- but our guys weren't getting it done at the other end on those nights. If one or two fluky goals slip by Crackers, he still can't do anything about the goals not scored at the other end.

And, for the love of God and all that is holy, I hope they get their act together and help him get one win in front of Torts! I feel so awful for the guy that everyone else goes all bleh on the night he most needs a win to put his confidence top-shelf. He has got to beat that crazy bastard just once!

The problem seems to be that the Canes have their "What's this puck you speak of? And why are we wearing skates?!" nights when Crackers is in goal. From what I've seen, Crackers has had some outstanding nights -- damn near standing on his head to stop the puck -- but our guys weren't getting it done at the other end on those nights. If one or two fluky goals slip by Crackers, he still can't do anything about the goals not scored at the other end.

And, for the love of God and all that is holy, I hope they get their act together and help him get one win in front of Torts! I feel so awful for the guy that everyone else goes all bleh on the night he most needs a win to put his confidence top-shelf. He has got to beat that crazy bastard just once!

I agree X10! John has downright deserved the win quite a few nights but only part of the game is in his hands.

My twocents.gif

Right on Kermie. That was great. :)

Right on Kermie. That was great. :)

OMGOSH!!! I don't even know what to say...this totally sucks!

I have a feeling that Grahame Crackers will step up and really come through for us while Cam is out.

I agree with most of the responses on Grahame. I don't worry about Grahame. However I do think that the reason we won't make the play offs is our lack of scoring. We don't have a powerplay quarterback, we are ugly in the shootouts, (Matt Cullen was our leader in shootouts) and we take stupid penalties because we don't use our speed. I say look towards next year when Can should be a better goalie, get out defense corrected acquire some speed up the middle pursue, pursue, and pursue the puck. Next season will be very special for us.

Kermelbar wrote:

Amen, amen, amen, Kermie!!!!! I esp. like the 'for the love of God and all that is holy!'..... I am SO tired of John being blamed for every loss in which he goaltended when by-and-large we seemed to have been missing say, oh, 5 other men on the freaking ice at the time. Oh, and the losses in front of Torts...... I am with you 100% on this one. We have GOT to give this man a win against 'that crazy bastard'. LOL You go, girl! Flame on, and I'm right behind you with a fresh load of gasoline to pour on the conflagration !!!!

At this very moment, the LAST thing we need for ourselves and the team needs to hear/read is of people throwing in the towel. No, it ain't over until they lock the doors at RBC, and not a moment before.

Maybe the CanesVision guys can scare up 'Johnny Be Good' to play every next home game John tends goal ... yes, I like that mighty fine. :!:

Maybe the CanesVision guys can scare up 'Johnny Be Good' to play every next home game John tends goal ... yes, I like that mighty fine. :!:

Eh....they used to play that for him at the Forum. But they do need to find *something* to get everyone fired up for him.

Grahame did well when he came in for ward against New York. He didn't get any help though from OUR goal scorers and he had to face Cullen, and Jagr right off the bat. That's a lot to ask of him and he was NOT happy when he left the ice. I don't know if any of you saw him whip his stick at the glass as he left.

Sucks for Cam but I have full faith that Crackers can keep us in the playoff hunt. The fellas in front of him need to keep up the tempo and put that dang little piece of galvanized rubber in the back of the net!

Sucks for Cam but I have full faith that Crackers can keep us in the playoff hunt. The fellas in front of him need to keep up the tempo and put that dang little piece of galvanized rubber in the back of the net!

I agree with you. Our main problem this year has not been who is in our net. It is the guys in front of him. We are not protecting out net like we have done in the past and in the end that hurts us, as well as not being able to get the puck in the net on the other side of the ice.

More bad luck. It's not John that worries me at all, its the hockey gods. What did we do to deserve the injuries and bad luck we have had this year? I think we played a good game against NY! The shots were there and the D. The big L on net wasnt givin up anything.

Sucks that Cam is out for however long, but its not like Crackers can't get the job done. He's a good goaltender and does has his name on the cup. The last couple games he's played, he has looked really sharp. I think Grahame will be fine and will look forward to the challenge of helping this team get to the playoffs. He's a competitive player and I am sure he will give his 100% to help this team.

Plus, I'd rather have Crackers than Ty Conklin.

Let's show Crackers the support that Cam gets. I'm sure Cam and the rest of the team isn't waving the white flag yet. Their gonna fight to the very end and if they have support and trust in Crackers then we should too.

I had rather have Peters or even Kevin Nast. than Ty...of Course for one game he was Carolinas BEST Goalie :mrgreen:

I think Crackers will do fine and as was pointed out earlier in this thread Most of the time Cracker has give up alot of goals or bad goals we had three or four Mighty Mite D Men in front of him. He has been stellar in a couple of games, Solid in most, and several times he has looked bad only

1 or two were because he was playing the opponent 1 on 6 with no suport in front. Had I rather have Marty or Khabi in goal? Sure... but we have John and the team will rally around him.

Kermelbar wrote:

Amen, amen, amen, Kermie!!!!! I esp. like the 'for the love of God and all that is holy!'..... I am SO tired of John being blamed for every loss in which he goaltended when by-and-large we seemed to have been missing say, oh, 5 other men on the freaking ice at the time. Oh, and the losses in front of Torts...... I am with you 100% on this one. We have GOT to give this man a win against 'that crazy bastard'. LOL You go, girl! Flame on, and I'm right behind you with a fresh load of gasoline to pour on the conflagration !!!!

At this very moment, the LAST thing we need for ourselves and the team needs to hear/read is of people throwing in the towel. No, it ain't over until they lock the doors at RBC, and not a moment before.

RIGHT ON!

Last time I checked, our flag colors were Red and Black. NOT WHITE. We ain't giving up because one man is down. As good as Cam is he isn't our entire team. The season ain't over and we are still in playoff contention. Its times like this that make winners. We are the defending Stanley Cup Champions after all. We did it once. we will do it again. I say lets rally behind Grahame and the rest of the guys.

LETS GO CANES!!!

The only chance is if we start scoring at least 4 goals per game and that has not really happened at all this season.

Maybe bring up a kid and give him some time to play.

I will not give up but feel not so good today unfortunatley :Oops:

Grahame's more than ready for the job...

"We needed two points, that's the bottom line," Grahame said. "We can't say, 'Oh, we played good.' We need to play great. That's what it takes to get these points now. There are no excuses."

Do it.

"We needed two points, that's the bottom line," Grahame said. "We can't say, 'Oh, we played good.' We need to play great. That's what it takes to get these points now. There are no excuses."

Do it.

Can we recruit Bernie Parent circa 1974 to help us :wink:

(I am just kidding btw.)

Do it.

GAH, I can't wait to see Grahame Crackers in net now. I think he is going to be fired up because he knows he needs to get the job done for us.

I sure hope Grahame doesn't read any of this because I'm sure he would be bumming to see so many "cane" fans putting him down and calling the season over due to him.....there are 5 other playes on the ice that need to step it up too ya know

THey sure haven't stepped up this year,the whole team seems to be playing like they could careless now that they have won the cup!!!