The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TheCaptain-ch1

Cam Ward out Indefinitely

I sure hope Grahame doesn't read any of this because I'm sure he would be bumming to see so many "cane" fans putting him down and calling the season over due to him.....there are 5 other playes on the ice that need to step it up too ya know

Exactly! After reading the first few pages of this thread, i was gonna sugegst re-naming this thread, Welcome to the Titanic - lifeboats this way, after seeing how many ppl have now given up on the playoffs. (or it seemed that way anyways.) All the "cracker haters" should chill and give him a chance. Its no secret we are close to missing the playoffs, but last time i checked, we are still mathematically in it, so why give up? Cam getting hurt shouldnt matter. Yeah he is "#1 goalie", but if the guys in front of him dont take care of their business, crackers and ward both could be in there at the same time, and we would STILL lose. Cant win if ya dont score. And scoring 1 or 2 goals a game will not do it. I have faith in the guys and i know all (or most) of you do too. IT AIN'T OVER 'TILL ITS OVER!!!

I sure hope Grahame doesn't read any of this because I'm sure he would be bumming to see so many "cane" fans putting him down and calling the season over due to him.....there are 5 other playes on the ice that need to step it up too ya know

Actually not to rain on Grahames or anyones parade but Grahame through inconsistent play blew his chance with Tampa last year.

He is a competitor and hopefully does well. If he does his Trevor Kidd impersation and flops all over the place, then we are in big trouble.

Just being a realist. :Oops:

and I am a real fan for over 20 years. I HOPE Grahame does well, but we need to go back to January 2006 play to have a chance of making the playoffs. Only time will tell.

And scoring 1 or 2 goals a game will not do it. I have faith in the guys and i know all (or most) of you do too. IT AIN'T OVER 'TILL ITS OVER!!!

It works if Marty Brodeaur is your goalie or Patrick Roy circa 1986 in the playoffs :wink:

Actually not to rain on Grahames or anyones parade but Grahame through inconsistent play blew his chance with Tampa last year.

He is a competitor and hopefully does well. If he does his Trevor Kidd impersation and flops all over the place, then we are in big trouble.

and I am a real fan for over 20 years. I HOPE Grahame does well, but we need to go back to January 2006 play to have a chance of making the playoffs. Only time will tell.

As being a Lightning season ticket holder and a Canes fan, I can say Johnny was not at fault for what happened to the Lightning last season. The whole team was inconsistent. When you don't have a defense in front of you that can play with any consistency, the goalie is gonna start to look bad no matter what he does. Most Lightning fans love to blame the goalie, no matter who is in there. They've been doing that for years. I am not one of them. The offense there was not consistent last year either. There is no "I" in team and when a team plays good as a whole, no matter how much the goalie is standing on his head, it will get noticed. So give Grahame a break, he got ran out of town by a coach who until his top players told him this year to cool it, to shut up and to stop going after individual players when there was no reason to, loved to belittle anything and everything. Why do you think Khabby left. He hated having to deal with Torts too. He took the money instead of having to deal with him again.

As being a Lightning season ticket holder and a Canes fan, I can say Johnny was not at fault for what happened to the Lightning last season. The whole team was inconsistent. When you don't have a defense in front of you that can play with any consistency, the goalie is gonna start to look bad no matter what he does. Most Lightning fans love to blame the goalie, no matter who is in there. They've been doing that for years. I am not one of them. The offense there was not consistent last year either. There is no "I" in team and when a team plays good as a whole, no matter how much the goalie is standing on his head, it will get noticed. So give Grahame a break, he got ran out of town by a coach who until his top players told him this year to cool it, to shut up and to stop going after individual players when there was no reason to, loved to belittle anything and everything. Why do you think Khabby left. He hated having to deal with Torts too. He took the money instead of having to deal with him again.

Good insight. I am just going off of some of the inconsistent play I see of Grahame. I live in Boston and know his inconsistent act. He was dreadful here years ago. I HOPE he does better but can not be on the ice all the time flopping.

btw if Carolina does not make it. Good luck to Tampa, a team I have always liked and respected.

I have liked what I've seen from John Grahame lately and I am excited that he now has the chance to step up and show us what he's capable of. Just to reiterate what many have already said not only in this thread but several others, the majority of games that Grahame has been in this season, the rest of the guys played like utter crap in front of him. No goalie is perfect. Some nights they may not let in any goals, some nights they may let in 5. It happens to all of them, no matter how good they are. Lately though, I think he's been tearing it up in the net and he's saved our butts quite a few times.

Furthurmore, he gets a chance to play a couple of times every 2 or 3 weeks. No one is going to be spectacular if they get such limited playing time. Don't get me wrong, I think Cam Ward is great, but I think Grahame is pretty great too and he's gotten a bad rap that he doesn't really deserve.

treci, I was biting my tongue when I was writing that. You know what I think alot of those Lightning fans can do with themselves. :x

I like how all the papers here even have coach Torts even saying Denis so far is not the #1 goalie and has not played to expectation. Ya, waste of money. The only reason the Lightning are doing as good as they are is because of VL, MSL, and plus the team is actually playing a little better defensively this season.

All I say is Go Johnny Go!!!!

True. Our goalie's haven't been the best and we've needed high scores to win games. What can us Lightning fans do to ourselves? :lol:

Good point, we do have a lot of idiot lightning fans. i can agree that Torts didn't help JG play any better with his verbal abuse. I like JG as a back up, just not a starter. He had to much weight on his shoulders in Tampa so maybe thats why he was just okay. Everyone expected a Khabby preformance. Johnny can't steal a game though like some goalies in the NHL. I think with Ward going down it made it harder to make the playoffs.

Sucks to hear about Ward, I know hes a fan favorite down there.

But dont go jumping off building just yet, Canes fans. I think Grahame will step up.

I like when Sabre fans are nice to us :thumbup:

You and dboone are great :D

grahame can hold the reigns now and show us he wants to be here

but the only thing im worried about is him and that net

he goes like 15 feet out of the net, then whacks at the puck, and the opposing team gets it and shoots [and almost scores!]

what is his problem w// staying in the net??

does anyone else see what im saying??!!

Scoring is definitely our main concern with additional emphasis on our PP. we play totally different with a 2-3 goal lead. This team was constructed as an offense team and that means we need a lot of goals not 1 per game. If we can get that back on track, Grahame will be great. If we can't and our defense quits playing he'll look bad. Bottom line is he's a good goalie and can get the job done...just not by himself.

Good luck Cam! Go Canes!

he goes like 15 feet out of the net, then whacks at the puck, and the opposing team gets it and shoots [and almost scores!]

it makes me nervous every time Grahame goes out of the net like that! I always say I hate it when he does that!

it makes me nervous every time Grahame goes out of the net like that! I always say I hate it when he does that!

I am glad that I am not the only one who sees this. I also wish he would not be on the ice so much. I do not like Grahames style and never have.

]grahame can hold the reigns now and show us he wants to be here

but the only thing im worried about is him and that net

Gerber does this too. Last year I kept saying that I was gonna tie him with budgy cords to the net so he could only go so far :lol:

One thing I really like about Grahame is puckhandling. And I think he does a great job at communicating with his teammates. I recall Wesley saying how he lets them know what he is doing. And the boy does have 3 assists this year.

I am glad that I am not the only one who sees this. I also wish he would not be on the ice so much. I do not like Grahames style and never have.

When it works it allows him to get the puck up the ice with the other team going the wrong way but leaves the net wide open. He seems to have mastered that play but makes me real nervous every time he does it because this is a game of inches and one little mistake can be costly.

Grahme has to play his best if the Canes are to make it. I just don't think he has what it takes right now. He makes too many basic errors. He would be a much better goalie if he played to his size and stayed in front of the net.

I like Grahame a lot, and he has definitely gotten better handling the puck. I just heard that Ward will be back in a week or just a bit more than that, not the whole season. Anybody got the straight scoop? I'll keep my fingers crossed! Back to Grahame, when he comes so far out of the crease, it makes me sooo nervous. I'll see him live in action Thursday night against the Devils, but when I'm watching him, I surprise myself when I accidentally let a "Get the [insert swear word here] back in goal!" leave my mouth. He's grown on me, so I wish him the best of luck as Ward makes a speedy recovery.

Flashback to last season. When Ward came in to give Gerber a rest, he was constantly hung out to dry and then they often didn't compete in front of him. When Gerber finally was shown the bench in the Montreal playoff series, the team knew they had to step it up behind Cam or make their tee times. We all know how it turned out.

I'm not trying to equate the two guys or the circumstances but sometimes when you know you have to live or die with your back-up your focus is sharper and so is your play. We'll see how it plays out but it is worth remembering.

Flashback to last season. When Ward came in to give Gerber a rest, he was constantly hung out to dry and the they often didn't compete in front of him. When Gerber finally was shown the bench in the Montreal playoff series, the team knew they had to step it up behind Cam or make their tee times. We all know how it turned out.

I'm not trying to equate the two guys or the circumstances but sometimes when you know you have to live or die with your back-up your focus is sharper and so is your play. We'll see how it plays out but it is worth remembering.

Great reference Storm!

Checking around the league on other boards, I have to say I'm impressed with the overall response to this. Most people have complete respect for Ward and contrary to the crap we're used to hearing, nobody likes capatlizing on Cam's misfortune and they wish him well.

Quite a breath of fresh air after all the grief this franchise has taken over the past year.

Flashback to last season. When Ward came in to give Gerber a rest, he was constantly hung out to dry and the they often didn't compete in front of him. When Gerber finally was shown the bench in the Montreal playoff series, the team knew they had to step it up behind Cam or make their tee times. We all know how it turned out.

Great reference Storm!

Checking around the league on other boards, I have to say I'm impressed with the overall response to this. Most people have complete respect for Ward and contrary to the crap we're used to hearing, nobody likes capatlizing on Cam's misfortune and they wish him well.

Quite a breath of fresh air after all the grief this franchise has taken over the past year.

Great reference Storm!

Checking around the league on other boards, I have to say I'm impressed with the overall response to this. Most people have complete respect for Ward and contrary to the crap we're used to hearing, nobody likes capatlizing on Cam's misfortune and wish him well.

AMEN TO THAT.

BTW, DID SOMEONE HEAR THE FAT LADY SING?... I SURE DIDN'T....

Alright! Now if only Brindamour comes down with a mysterious illness and maybe Sundin gets deported, and oh...maybe Jagr could finally decide to kill his coaches career now. Then maybe the Habs have a shot!