The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TheCaptain-ch1

Cam Ward out Indefinitely

Flashback to last season. When Ward came in to give Gerber a rest, he was constantly hung out to dry and the they often didn't compete in front of him. When Gerber finally was shown the bench in the Montreal playoff series, the team knew they had to step it up behind Cam or make their tee times. We all know how it turned out.

I'm not trying to equate the two guys or the circumstances but sometimes when you know you have to live or die with your back-up your focus is sharper and so is your play. We'll see how it plays out but it is worth remembering.

Great reference Storm!

Checking around the league on other boards, I have to say I'm impressed with the overall response to this. Most people have complete respect for Ward and contrary to the crap we're used to hearing, nobody likes capatlizing on Cam's misfortune and they wish him well.

Quite a breath of fresh air after all the grief this franchise has taken over the past year.

That is great top. I also feel the same way about Mtl. I wish Huet was playing. I want the best players playing for all teams (even Buffalo lol) to see who are the teams that deserve to make it.

Lets go at least 8-4 and we should get in. It would be nice to have a 2 or 3 nothing lead for once. Not have every game be a nail biter. IMHO

I think Grahame will do fine. While goaltending is key if he doesn't shine the burden shouldn't be on his shoulders. It has to be a total team effort to get us into the playoffs at this point.

I think Grahame will do fine. While goaltending is key if he doesn't shine the burden shouldn't be on his shoulders. It has to be a total team effort to get us into the playoffs at this point.

Our fowards couldn't be bothered to score goals, so it will fall on Grahame's shoulders. He'll have to take his game to another level. He makes some spectacular saves, but he also has a habit of making routine saves look spectacular. When you're goaltender is diving left and right and constantly out of position, it certainly doesn't inspire you.

Our fowards couldn't be bothered to score goals, so it will fall on Grahame's shoulders. He'll have to take his game to another level. He makes some spectacular saves, but he also has a habit of making routine saves look spectacular. When you're goaltender is diving left and right and constantly out of position, it certainly doesn't inspire you.

Grahame crackers inspires me....his out of position habits are the reason he has gotten assists :)

I'm gonna miss my favorite player (Cam) but I will enjoy watching my 2nd favorite (Teddy Grahame) kick some butt!!!

LET'S GO CANES!!!!! :mrgreen: :!:

Found this in Sudheim's blog, talking about the misprint in the N&O when it said 'Cam Ward out for the Season'

Shortly after I spotted the mistake from my home computer that night, I contacted an editor at the N&O and the headline was corrected ("out for the season" became "out indefinitely"). But that didn't stop my phone from sounding off throughout the evening with emails and calls from across North America checking in to find out if Cam was out for the season. Even Cam called me to ask what was going on. Funny how much trouble a few words can cause on a weekend evening. As it stands, Cam will probably be out tonight, but he is certainly hoping to be back sooner than later. He's officially "day-to-day."

The full blog can be found here:

http://www.carolinahurricanes.com/custom/rad8ED80.asp

Found this in Sudheim's blog, talking about the misprint in the N&O when it said 'Cam Ward out for the Season'
Shortly after I spotted the mistake from my home computer that night, I contacted an editor at the N&O and the headline was corrected ("out for the season" became "out indefinitely"). But that didn't stop my phone from sounding off throughout the evening with emails and calls from across North America checking in to find out if Cam was out for the season. Even Cam called me to ask what was going on. Funny how much trouble a few words can cause on a weekend evening. As it stands, Cam will probably be out tonight, but he is certainly hoping to be back sooner than later. He's officially "day-to-day."

The full blog can be found here:

http://www.carolinahurricanes.com/custom/rad8ED80.asp

Ya!

I was sorry to see Cam was injured and not playing.I hope is is playing again on April 1st.I am planning my first NHL game when the Canes are playing Florida Panthers.Its only a few hour drive.I became a Canes fan during the playoffs last year.I had never watched an NHL game before.But since they are the affiliate of the Florida Everblaes which is my team I decided to watch.And Cam quickly became my favorite.I just bought a Canes jeresey and want to get his name and number on it.I just read that Craig Kowalsky was sent up there.I sure hope that doesnt cost us to lose games.Hes been playing really well for us.Now we have some guy down from the AHL with a pretty bad record.

i feel really bad for cam, i mean come on...what a crappy injury.

but the way i look at it...i'm so freakin happy johnny is gonna get a chance to shine :D

I just read that Craig Kowalsky was sent up there.I sure hope that doesnt cost us to lose games.Hes been playing really well for us.Now we have some guy down from the AHL with a pretty bad record.

We have Jamie Holden who is pretty good. Still, can't wait for KWal to come home to us! Especially since Shantz is out still. Without KWal, so far we are 1-2 (Peters and Holden being goalies - Holden getting the win).

HURRY HOME KWAL!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :!:

As we have found out, John has stepped into the breach more than adequately - our *edit* are indeed, covered, and Cam can rest and recuperate as he needs to do.

I'd loan y'all the stellar David Brown from Notre Dame but we need him to roll on to win the Frozen Four which also happens to be the final weekend of regular NHL season. I believe he is the property of the Penguins following graduation, those dirty birds.

A great goalie is a major part of any franchise, and Carolina is VERY fortunate to have two such gentlemen in our Cam and Crackers. We are sitting quite securely.

A great goalie is a major part of any franchise, and Carolina is VERY fortunate to have two such gentlemen in our Cam and Crackers. We are sitting quite securely.

Most definitely! You couldn't ask for Grahame to do a better job covering for Cam than he is. It's good to know that we have a backup that can keep us standing strong when our starter is out...not many teams can say that with 100% confidence.

I think Grahame has stepped up big time and he really looks like he could carry us through these last couple of games and into the playoffs. Our offense has also taken a little pressure off of his back by finally starting to score some goals.

Cam was on the radio this morning and he said he will be ready to play this thursday 3-22 aginst the Crapitals!!!

Since Johnny has been doing well for us since Cams injury, wonder if he will stay with "the crackerman" or go back with Wardo? Nice problem to have if ya ask me. :wink:

Cam was on the radio this morning and he said he will be ready to play this thursday 3-22 aginst the Crapitals!!!

Since Johnny has been doing well for us since Cams injury, wonder if he will stay with "the crackerman" or go back with Wardo? Nice problem to have if ya ask me. :wink:

I would go with Johnny for atleast 1 more game. Have Cam back up Johnny Thursday and if he's 100%, play him Saturday against San Jose.

I would play Crackers until he falters, it can only help Cam's leg heal to not be needed until then. I would rather have him back 100% for the playoffs than to rush him back too soon and have him re-open the wound or for it to become infected.

I definitely agree...

(Side note: I never thought I would see the day where people would rather see Crackers in the net over Wardo) LOL

Same here, but it has more to do with Crackers stellar play of late. He also seems to be over the Johnny Torts beat down. Plus we all want Cam at 100% when he steps back into the net.

The Caps lit up Toronto and then Tampa Bay in their last two games. You don't want or need a rusty Ward going up against a team that has scored 12 goals in their last 6 periods.

The Caps lit up Toronto and then Tampa Bay in their last two games. You don't want or need a rusty Ward going up against a team that has scored 12 goals in their last 3 periods.

I agree!! I would only put Cam in if Johnny gets shelled and i don't see that happening against Johnny unless our D goes to sleep on us.