The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Playoff Opponent

I vote that starting this year, the defending champs get a "bye" in the first round, so we automatically will advance to the second round. :wink: But i guess if i HAD to pick, i'd pick Atl. unless Marty was sick, then lets go after the Devils and chase him out again!!!

I vote that starting this year, the defending champs get a "bye" in the first round, so we automatically will advance to the second round. :wink: But i guess if i HAD to pick, i'd pick Atl. unless Marty was sick, then lets go after the Devils and chase him out again!!!

A few football rules would really help our cause. A "bye" certainly would help as well being able to "decline" penalties :lol:.

A few football rules would really help our cause. A "bye" certainly would help as well being able to "decline" penalties :lol:.

I hope the Devils can get past Buffalo to the 1st spot. 1st of all I do not want to see Buffaloe win the Conference! and 2nd...I hate to say it, but I would probably not be able to watch the game. I usually don't get nervous BEFORE a game (usually during) but I would have to worry about playing Buffalo 1st. Not saying I don't have faith in our team, cause I do, but yeah...it's just more of my reason #1!

So I would have to say NJ.

This is all of course if we only make the 8th spot. I didn't realize that Buffalo was not an option. :mrgreen: my bad!

I JUST DON'T WANT BUFFALOE WINNING THE CONFERENCE!. (sorry slugs fans)

and review plays

I think Jordan Staal was being pretty prophetic when he said (about his older brother)

"I have this weird feeling we're going to play them in the first round of the playoffs this year"

forget which issue of The Hockey News this was in....

I would have to say the Slugs. Even though they are the top team in the East, they have been faltering of late. Again, they have sustained a lot of injuries to key players.

I would not want to face the Devils and Broduer.

Ottawa would not be a bad opponent. They crumble in the playoffs.

Atlanta would not be bad either. They have no experience in the playoffs and could be an easy 1st rounder opponent.

If..*ahem*...when we make the playoffs, who would you like to see us play in the 1st round? Any of the these teams could make the top three seed. I'm also assuming we make the 6,7 or 8th seed(also quite possible).

Slugs

Devils

Pens

Ottawa

Atlanta

Lets go for the Gusto and play the Slugs :!: It would be very very very very very very very hard but the Oil last year beat a very good Det team.

I think we matchup best against Atlana in this group however.

Bufalo would bring back all last years memories and maybe the Canes could overachieve and beat them. Ward re-capture last years form

Also it would be very sweet to knock out Ruff for me at least.

I can point to at least 18,000 people who feel the same about Linda Ruffles as you do 8). Sabres are a good team but their coach's complaining overshadows their play on the ice IMO.

Hopper, Slugs will be getting back some injured players over the next two weeks and they will be tough. But I do like our chances in a 7 game series. They may be speedier and have a more creative offense than us but I think we have the edge in defense and physical play. Those two attributes hold up better over a 7 game series.

I can point to at least 18,000 people who feel the same about Linda Ruffles as you do 8). Sabres are a good team but their coach's complaining overshadows their play on the ice IMO.

Hopper, Slugs will be getting back some injured players over the next two weeks and they will be tough. But I do like our chances in a 7 game series. They may be speedier and have a more creative offense than us but I think we have the edge in defense and physical play. Those two attributes hold up better over a 7 game series.

I'd sort of like to see us eliminate the Slugs again. I'm beginning to miss their constant whining and if I have to listen to it again, I'd just as soon get it over with early on. Like they say, "It's not how you start, but how you finish." I'd love to see us finish strong and then take them out of the picture completely.

I'd sort of like to see us eliminate the Slugs again. I'm beginning to miss their constant whining and if I have to listen to it again, I'd just as soon get it over with early on. Like they say, "It's not how you start, but how you finish." I'd love to see us finish strong and then take them out of the picture completely.

actually to me the Buffalo fans dont bother me.

now the classy Sabres

were

Pat LaFontaine

Gilbert Perrault

Dave Andrachuck

Phil Housley

Ray Sheppard was good for us too :thumbup:!!

Pierre Turgeon

Clint Malarchuck

not the losers

Ruff

Kevin McGwire

Foligno- used to aggravate me when jumping up and down after every stupid goal he scored even if the score was Buffalo 6 Whalers 1. loser :twisted:

Slugs. Cam Ward was talking about the team getting ready for the second season (aka playoffs). That would be a great way to start it off.

Whoever gets the 7th and 8th slot will be tough to beat because those teams have already been playing playoff hockey for a month.

That's cause you're up in Boston :wink:.

If we play the Slugs in the first round, we should sell most, if not all of our tickets before they go on sale for out-of-zipcode buyers. The later rounds get much more expensive and the traveing Slug fans would have a better chance on getting hold of some.

I vote for the Slugs in the first round.

That's cause you're up in Boston :wink:.

If we play the Slugs in the first round, we should sell most, if not all of our tickets before they go on sale for out-of-zipcode buyers. The later rounds get much more expensive and the traveing Slug fans would have a better chance on getting hold of some.

I vote for the Slugs in the first round.

Slugs. Cam Ward was talking about the team getting ready for the second season (aka playoffs). That would be a great way to start it off.

Whoever gets the 7th and 8th slot will be tough to beat because those teams have already been playing playoff hockey for a month.

Agreed on both points. :)

Agreed on both points. :)

yup i agree too.

plus...if we beat them??? that would just be

awesome =]

It would be a challenge...but we would have so much momentum for the next rounds from winning... :D

Atlanta. We've shown that we're capable against them and a series win over them would be a big confidence boost. Even with Tkachuk, I think we have enough to take them...

That said, we have to make the playoffs first...