The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac79-ch1

questionable items on ebay.....

I would say for the price, NO DEAL as well. Does not look like a regualr jersey and the numbering along with the lettering looks kinda off as well. I have seen many things on there that I question.

I don't know what the jersey looks like--but it's coming from legend's autographs in Clayton--the same place a lot of Canes and local college players sign. The reason for the price is the COA--most fans can say that the autos are legit--but Legends can show when and where the signing was and prove that it happened.

Now, whether you wish to buy it as $285--that's a whole different story...

you wanna see questionable stuff......lol.....actually no question.Go to the whalers section. How about a Gordie Howe Whalers jersey ( with the Binghamton AHL Logo)that is the best one but I do like the authentic whaler jersey with the really messed up logo ( you'll be able to tell)

You have to know what you're doing when you buy on ebay. Sellers will throw anything on there and list it as authentic. And a certificate of authenticity is only worth the paper it's printed on. I was looking for a replica Brian Piccolo jersey sometime back and saw a couple that were nothing more than the current Chicago Bears jersey with Piccolo's name and number. Hardly authentic.

The autograph's are authentic. Don't know about the jersey listed on eBay.

I know this guy and was at his shop this past Saturday for Cory Stillman's signing as well as Ray Whitney's the week before.

He holds a lot of autograph sessions at Triangle Town Center Mall in Raleigh for a lot of the local college players.

He will be having Mike Commodore @ his store this Friday, Mar. 23rd from 6pm-7pm. Tickets are still available for this autograph session.

As far as price, that is not bad. Here is what Frozen Pond sells Staal's autographed jersey for:

http://frozenpond.com/xcart/customer/produ...67&cat=0&page=1

true on the price with frozen pond....but the numbers on that one are legit. no way I'd pay either ammount for either one. I got my staal jersey, numbers stiched (authentic-the eye) and got it signed my self for less than 150. But hey I know everyones got to make a dollar some how right?

I'm sure most of you know this...but for those who don't.....

Anything that says from S.Korea.DO NOT BUY!!!. Def. fakes!!! Obviously the price will tell you that! But they try to say they are authentic.

This reminds me of the old Pete Rose/card show stories from the late 80's-early 90's. You'd go up to Pete to buy a game-worn jersey, and the following conversation would ensue:

Pete: You want Cincinnati, Philadelphia, or Montreal?

Buyer: Cincinnati

Pete: Home or away?

Buyer: Away.

Pete: What size?

This reminds me of the old Pete Rose/card show stories from the late 80's-early 90's. You'd go up to Pete to buy a game-worn jersey, and the following conversation would ensue:

Pete: You want Cincinnati, Philadelphia, or Montreal?

Buyer: Cincinnati

Pete: Home or away?

Buyer: Away.

Pete: What size?

:lol:

That's hilarious!

i've bought a ton of jerseys on ebay, and definitely, you have to know exactly what you're looking at. Semi Pro jersey, i'm guessing they bought Cane jerseys without numbers and names and just slapped on some generic numbers. some flaws i've noticed sellers offering are:

- nylon numbers/letters. It'll be this cheap material, like windbreaker material.

- practice jerseys scam, not sure about this Staal jersey, but it's inteiresting how he doesn't show front/back. most sellers offer front back shots

- fight strap - some sellers will offer you a "pro" jersey, when all they do is just get a replica jersey and sew on the strap.

- missing crests or numbers - some sellers just buy the patches and iron them on, some forget that most teams have shoulder crests/numbers

- iron on/silk screen crest; iron on being the more annoying one. sellers will say it has an industrial grade adhesive "like the pros" - which if you are able to flush a toilet, you'll know that pro jerseys aren't iron ons.

sadly i've only fallen for 1 jersey out of the 23 that I've purchased from ebay. It was a Red Wings jersey (Yzerman) that had the logo, and Stanley Cup Patch ironed on, but the numbers and names were sewn on, as was a fight strap. the numbers/name were made out of a a thick red nylon material (like the nylon on a backpack).

anyhow, my 2 cents on ebay :)

I got my canes jersey on Ebay and didn't realize that mine was wrong. Above the canes flags on the bottom of the jersey there is no white strip

And conversely my buddy bought his at the Eye (i was with him) and two years later we figured out his hurricane crest is upside down ( the black at the top instead of the red). so buyer beware at the Eye!

carolina200.gif

bag12- it is black at the top....:lol: :lol: :lol:

That reminds me really quick...one of the Canes (whose name I will leave out ) went to sign my jersey and he goes "I know this sounds really bad, but which was does the logo go? Black on top or red?" LMAO

Anywho...back to the topic

I received a few items from Legends in Clayton for x-mas. And like the other person said he has photos of the person signing the item that goes with the item you purchase. Also had a chance to met the owner when I was looking for a birthday gift for my friend. The store is nice and he was very helpful and had good advice on what to get and how to get certain items you maybe interested in.:)

carolina200.gif

bag12- it is black at the top....:lol: :lol: :lol:

its the drugs after my surgery.... i knew i would screw that up... his is opposite of the other 12k jereys at rbc :mrgreen:

tx for the correction

That reminds me really quick...one of the Canes (whose name I will leave out ) went to sign my jersey and he goes "I know this sounds really bad, but which was does the logo go? Black on top or red?" LMAO

Anywho...back to the topic

ROFLMAO

:lol: