The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Camniac

Embarrasing moment

Uhhhhh.... I stared at the back of Williams' jersey for about 5 minutes before I realized it was actually... Justin Williams...

That was embarassing, but in retrospect, I was one of the 5 people out of the 900 there who noticed, so maybe not so bad. =D

My story isn't that embarassing, but it seemed pretty embarassing at the time. I've shared this story a few times, so sorry to the people who have already heard it. Over the summer I was at the mall walking back to my car. Chad Larose and Andrew Ladd were walking into the mall about two rows over from where we were. My sister and I both pointed and gasped at the same time. I guess they saw us because they both started laughing and smiled at us. :Oops:

Not morbidly embarassing, but when I met Rod at the STH Open House and was in line to get his autograph, I was so flustered and toung tied (and blushing, I'm sure) that I pulled the old "How are you?" "I'm great, how are you?" line.

He kind of gave me a look that said "the bar's downstairs, hon".

Oh my goodness...i just thought of another one. This is the same day I got embarrased by the picture thing with Cam.

My mother embarraed me!

She was waiting for Staal to come out to get him to sign something...well this was the same day that him and Cole were going to the Extreme Makeover filming (we later found out). Well, he was in a rush, so he didn't stop, so she chased him through the parking lot to his vehicle and asked him to sign the darn thing. OMG I was sooooo embarrased!

Hmm. It wasn't extremely embarrasing but it's the best I can think of. At the RecZone practice one day, I was trying to figure out how my new digital camera worked when the players started coming on the ice. Chad was skating near us, so my sister waved to him. He smiled at shot a puck at the glass in front of us, just as I was looking up. I didn't see him shoot it so as soon as I looked up I just see this puck slamming into the glass RIGHT in front of me. I jumped about a mile and Chad saw it and laughed! But I guess it was kind of cool to say that Chad LaRose shot a puck at my face. :D

Ok, mines with a Lightning player and its kinda funny. We do a thing down here called Ice Fest before training camp starts and certain players are there to sign autographs. Well I was walking around the forum's first level waiting for the players to change out (they split the guys in half, 4 for the first part and 4 for the second part) and my friend that was with me told me to check out the butt of the guy that was walking in front of me. Well when I looked, he stopped walking and I walked right in the back of him. And it was Vincent Lecavalier. I quicking told him I was sorry for not paying attention and running into him and he's like not a problem and puts his hand on my shoulder with a big smile on his face. Guess if that happens again, I'll just tell him why I wasn't paying attention. :wink:

Ok, mines with a Lightning player and its kinda funny. We do a thing down here called Ice Fest before training camp starts and certain players are there to sign autographs. Well I was walking around the forum's first level waiting for the players to change out (they split the guys in half, 4 for the first part and 4 for the second part) and my friend that was with me told me to check out the butt of the guy that was walking in front of me. Well when I looked, he stopped walking and I walked right in the back of him. And it was Vincent Lecavalier. I quicking told him I was sorry for not paying attention and running into him and he's like not a problem and puts his hand on my shoulder with a big smile on his face. Guess if that happens again, I'll just tell him why I wasn't paying attention. :wink:

LOL!! That is the best story I've heard bk!

Ahh thanks :D 'Twas the same day Chad waved at me (the story is in the "Gotta ask" thread)... so between those two things, it was quite an exciting day!

Ray Whitney likes to tap his stick on the glass at practices, one time my sister screamed, it was pretty funny, but not embaressing for me. Whitney found it pretty funny too.

Hmm.. the most embaressing.. well, everytime I meet Frankie I end up saying something stupid... and he always laughs, I don't think I've talked to him once and he hasn't laughed. He practically knows me by now, so it's pretty neat lol

The first time I met him though I was wearing the shirt I wanted signed.. that was pretty awkward as you might imagine..

And not a 'Cane- but I met Tom Kostopulous of the Los Angeles Kings not long back, and we were talking about the Montreal Canadiens (hahaha) and he says that he's a Leafs fan.. and when he said that I went 'EW!' kind of loud. I was like oh goodness. Haha, but well, next time I saw him I was like 'Hey Leaf fan!' He remembered me. :P

More funny than embarrassing:

I was at the reczone one practice during the playoffs and I realized that Rosie was standing right behind me talking to Cam's dad. I was waiting for them to end their conversation so I could get a picture. Well Chad started walking away, so I grabbed his arm and asked if I could have a picture. Luckily he didn't slap me for grabbing him and was nice enough to pose for a picture with me.

He probably told the guys that some psycho grabbed him.

And I have yet to have a real convo with him. One of these days I will. He just gets me all flabbergasted.

Oh my god. That is fantastic. :D I am very jealous. Haha, not all fans get that close to the players. Lol.

Hmm. It wasn't extremely embarrasing but it's the best I can think of. At the RecZone practice one day, I was trying to figure out how my new digital camera worked when the players started coming on the ice. Chad was skating near us, so my sister waved to him. He smiled at shot a puck at the glass in front of us, just as I was looking up. I didn't see him shoot it so as soon as I looked up I just see this puck slamming into the glass RIGHT in front of me. I jumped about a mile and Chad saw it and laughed! But I guess it was kind of cool to say that Chad LaRose shot a puck at my face. :D

I was sitting right on the glass during warm ups for the Phoenix game with this lady that sits behind me. We were so engrossed on trying to see what the patches were on their jerseys that Rosie had time to set up. As soon as we saw him standing right in front of us, he flips the puck and it slams against the glass. We both jump out of our seats, Chad and Craig just bust up laughing and skate away.

I've got a story about my sister-in-law:

This was back in 2002. She went out to the area after a game for autographs. Martin Gelinas came out, but she didn't realize it until he was halfway through the parking lot. Well she goes running after him screaming his name, Marty, Marty. He stopped and waited for her to catch up. Out of breath she says 'I love you, can you sign this, your my favorite player' all in one breath. He signed and said 'thank you, have a good night'

She finally makes it back to the rest of us and says 'i'm such a dork'

Ok, I gotta speak for my sister here. She was at one of the events at the RBC center and the canes were signing autographs. This wasn't that long ago. Kaberle (who is too darn hot!) was signing her jersey and she asked him when he would be back in the game. Well he responded to her and she couldn't understand his accent so she said "huh" like five times before she understood him! I forget which Cane she said was sitting next to him laughing his butt off!

ROFL. If it was the STH party he was sitting next to Cole or Walker. I could see either one of those cracking up.

ok...yeah I got yet another one...:) It kinda made me mad too

The 1st night I met Cam, he was signing my shirt. Well, I let him know that he was my favorite player. Well my sisters boyfriend...gosh I could still kick him today..... says "I'm sure that's not the 1st time he's heard that" aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh I could have killed him! I told him a least I was being truthful and not telling every player that. I still have not let him live that one down!!

Ok, I just thought of another story. I stayed after the last game of the season in 2004 with a few of my friends. At the time my favorite player was Irbe and I really wanted him to sign my jersey. One of my friends who had stayed after a game before said that the car that just passed was Irbe's car and that the car was going pretty slow. She said if I could get to the car before he pulled out of that little parking lot section he would probably stop and sign my jersey. I started running after the car and once I got to it I realized it was just one of the equipment guys. I was sooo embarassed, but at least I was actually able to get Irbe's signature.

That also reminded me of another story that's definately more funny than embarassing. I stayed after a game probably about a month after we got Recchi. Recchi usually didn't stop after the game and there were a lot of people that really wanted his signature. Recchi was in the passenger seat of the car and once again, he didn't stop. About 10 yards after the line of fans, someone noticed that the brake lights were on and they were slowing down. A group of 20 people (including me) ran out to his car and wouldn't let him leave until he signed some of our stuff. He thought it was hilarious and was more than happy to sign whatever we wanted. He told us that he usually didn't stop because he didn't think that people knew him that well to want his autograph.

Yeah I think it was Walker......she has had too many moments!

She needs to hang out with you...she may just get to run into Larose more often!! That's great!

She did see Justin Williams riding around Apex last week in his HOT car!

So far I'm 4 for 4 with seeing Rosie after practices. Of course I can never strike up a convo with him. I'll know what i'm gonna say, then he comes up and nothing comes out...LOL.

Yeah, let me borrow your sister. Usually I go out to practices by myself and don't have anyone to take my pic with Rosie. Then we both can get our pics taken with him. I've got one pic with him, but I think I can get a better one :wink:

Oh and Justin does have a hot car. But his hot car is perfect for his hot self.