The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Camniac

Embarrasing moment

@ Caniac carnival, the players had black markers to sign autographs, my wife brought a red marker and asked them to sign in red.

:roll:

OH NO... :Oops: Did she really hand it to one of the players? Oh yeah and by the way, how many autographs did you get that day? We only went to one table. That was a crazy amount of people waiting to get autographs!!

@ Caniac carnival, the players had black markers to sign autographs, my wife brought a red marker and asked them to sign in red.

OH NO... :Oops: Did she really hand it to one of the players? Oh yeah and by the way, how many autographs did you get that day? We only went to one table. That was a crazy amount of people waiting to get autographs!!

a very frantic 9 players, 3 tables. That was a rediculous setup.

I was hesitate about posting this one cause it was really embarrassing. I mean my face turned Cane red, but what the heck, you will definetly get a laugh out of this:

At the STH party I was getting Willie to sign my jersey since it is his name and number. Well as he was handing it back to me he says "this is the best jersey ever." I responded by saying "yeah, your the best, i mean your number is the best." Well needless to say Gleason starts cracking up. He could not stop laughing and there I am turning many shades of bright red :Oops:. So Willie responds and says "I agree, 11 is so much better than 8." And tells me to have fun.

So I say Willie stuck up for me. But Gleason was still laughing that he could barely sign his name in my yearbook. Cam was just looking at him like he was crazy. Luckily only Gleason and Willie heard my slip up. Don't know what I would have done if Cam and Nic heard it.

a very frantic 9 players, 3 tables. That was a rediculous setup.

They should have had them all in one line and had the fans in one big line, so you could go from one player to the next. Oh well, it's easier to go after practices and games to get autographs anyway

That's probably one of the most endearing qualities about them, too, being humble & "normal". I've met many a famous person before & omg!! You just wanna snatch their noses out of the air. :x :x

Ok, so I have three quick stories.

1) Last year during a pre-season game I was sitting on the front row and play had just been called dead. The guys on the ice were heading to a faceoff and Hutch was on the ice. Well, he looked into the crowd and I had been searching for something and looked up at the same time and we caught eyes and I must have looked like a deer in headlights because Hutch ran into the back of a player on the other team. And then the ENTIRE bench looks down to see what was going on. I was mortified! I don't even know if he would remember that. But my mom loves to tell that story.

2) This year during a pre-season game I was once again sitting at the glass. I can't remember who we were playing, but there was a faceoff right in front of where I was sitting. One of the new prospects for the team was standing directly across from the faceoff and he looked up (see a pattern?) and I made a face at him. Then the faceoff happened and the guys were off down the ice and he didn't even realize and was still standing there watching me make faces. Finally he realized play had resumed, but he looked like an idiot. I was embarrased because I didn't mean to trip him up and the people around me just gave me these weird looks. My mom likes that story too.

3) This happened the other night at the Caps game. When I was down at the ice Babchuk kept coming by and shooting pucks at my face. I'd be trying to take a picture and I'd have my camera up and then WHAP! And I'd look up and there he'd be. He did it a couple of times too. I turned to Katy and told her that I'm glad glass was between us, otherwise I wouldn't have a face today. It kept scaring the crap out of me!

I guess these are more funny than embarrasing, but I thought I'd share them anyway!

1) Last year during a pre-season game I was sitting on the front row and play had just been called dead. The guys on the ice were heading to a faceoff and Hutch was on the ice. Well, he looked into the crowd and I had been searching for something and looked up at the same time and we caught eyes and I must have looked like a deer in headlights because Hutch ran into the back of a player on the other team. And then the ENTIRE bench looks down to see what was going on. I was mortified! I don't even know if he would remember that. But my mom loves to tell that story.

2) This year during a pre-season game I was once again sitting at the glass. I can't remember who we were playing, but there was a faceoff right in front of where I was sitting. One of the new prospects for the team was standing directly across from the faceoff and he looked up (see a pattern?) and I made a face at him. Then the faceoff happened and the guys were off down the ice and he didn't even realize and was still standing there watching me make faces. Finally he realized play had resumed, but he looked like an idiot. I was embarrased because I didn't mean to trip him up and the people around me just gave me these weird looks. My mom likes that story too.

3) This happened the other night at the Caps game. When I was down at the ice Babchuk kept coming by and shooting pucks at my face. I'd be trying to take a picture and I'd have my camera up and then WHAP! And I'd look up and there he'd be. He did it a couple of times too. I turned to Katy and told her that I'm glad glass was between us, otherwise I wouldn't have a face today. It kept scaring the crap out of me!

I guess these are more funny than embarrasing, but I thought I'd share them anyway!

Wow you must be gorgeous, do you have problems with guys walking into walls in public places?

Wow you must be gorgeous, do you have problems with guys walking into walls in public places?

LOL! I don't think I'd go that far! You'd have to be the judge of that. I have pictures posted in my photobucket account which you can get to on the Photo thread because I have hockey pictures up. I don't notice guys when they look at me, but my mom says they notice me. I think she's full of it.

once i was getting my picture with hedican after practice, and it was really windy outside

well silly me...i had my hair down, and while posing for the picture, my hair blew up and hit him in the face, and he made a funny noise :( i hope my hair didn't poke him in the eye or anything!!

unrelated, but chad sounds like such a fun guy! haha i wish i could party with him sometime, i bet he'd be blast to chill with!

Oh, I did think of something semi-embarrasing. I got this call right after pre-season from my mom. Well, she told me to go the Canes website and look in the game day photos for the game we sat front row for. Well, needless to say, the photographer took a picture of Dave Gove checking an opposing player and in the background I'm making a really ridiculous, over the top face. I'll find the link and post it up! I was embarrased for awhile, but now I think it's pretty awesome that I'm on the Canes website by accident! LOL!

Oh, I did think of something semi-embarrasing. I got this call right after pre-season from my mom. Well, she told me to go the Canes website and look in the game day photos for the game we sat front row for. Well, needless to say, the photographer took a picture of Dave Gove checking an opposing player and in the background I'm making a really ridiculous, over the top face. I'll find the link and post it up! I was embarrased for awhile, but now I think it's pretty awesome that I'm on the Canes website by accident! LOL!

for the ducks game i made a poster for tripp tracy that said "happy b-day tripp"

well i made flavor of the game...but i went back and watched the game on tv (we recorded it in case we got on), and tripp and john were saying that his birthday was like, two weeks prior to the match!! i was like :Oops: oh man, i feel stupid!

for the ducks game i made a poster for tripp tracy that said "happy b-day tripp"

well i made flavor of the game...but i went back and watched the game on tv (we recorded it in case we got on), and tripp and john were saying that his birthday was like, two weeks prior to the match!! i was like :Oops: oh man, i feel stupid!

Oh, no! That's no good! Aw, I'm sorry about that! At least you made an effort! That's what counts! And you did a great job, eh???

haha yeah i was on the jumbo tron for quite a few seconds while they were doing the other birthdays

then later in the game they zoomed in on trip and wrote "happy birthday tripp!" at the bottom of the jumbo tron...so i guess i confused them, too! heh, oh well.

we looked up his birthdate on a couple different websites, and both said it was on december 30th, so we didn't think anything about "well what if it's wrong!"

These are such great stories! and the stuff y'all find embarrassing is really just cute stuff which is why the players find it funny.

I don't know how MUCH of the groupie/hard core predatory female approaches that the hockey players get around here. I know it's out there, but maybe more in the bigger markets than in the Triangle. But my point is, that the stories you're telling reflect the more innocent and "nice" attraction that many of the local fans feel for the team.

Going to NFL and NBA games, the tactics of some females (and I really am not sure that they are fans of the sport involved, as that they are just looking to notch the old belt with another professional athlete) is seriously scary. These big cats are on the hunt and in full predatory mode. Nothing is too forward for them. Maybe some of the guys get used to it, but I never get over finding it so disturbing when I'm nearby. I find myself wanting to throw a hook and "save" the player, LOL, from being turned into a piece of meat and being dragged off to be devoured. Wow, some women can be really scary!

We were in line for Commodore at the Skate with the Canes thing. The woman in front of me asked if she could borrow my Sharpie to have Mike sign her daughter's jersey. I agreed if she would take my photo with Mike because hubby will be the first to admit he's not very good with a camera. All goes well - she gets her autograph, I get my photo taken - then hubby hands Mike my Commodore tee shirt and asks him to sign it. Mike doesn't have his own Sharpie, and I had stuck mine back in my pocket. For the life of me, I couldn't get the stupid pen out of my pocket; people behind us are getting restless, I'm turning 10 shades of red, hubby is laughing. Finally I manage to pull it out and my comment to Mike "Coordination is the key, and I don't have any." He was nice enough to laugh, but I sure felt like an idiot.

once i was getting my picture with hedican after practice, and it was really windy outside

well silly me...i had my hair down, and while posing for the picture, my hair blew up and hit him in the face, and he made a funny noise :( i hope my hair didn't poke him in the eye or anything!!

unrelated, but chad sounds like such a fun guy! haha i wish i could party with him sometime, i bet he'd be blast to chill with!

ok yeah...nevermind was thinking something else

At a Durham Bulls event for the 'Canes early last season the players were sitting 3 to a table at several locations around the concourse.

Things were so crowded and unorganized I hadn't noticed the line started on another side of the table. K Ads was just sitting there, pen in hand waiting. I put the giveaway tee shirt in front of him and he was nice enough to sign it and chat for a moment with me. I totally was oblivous of what I had done until my husband pointed out the line to me....

Sorry if I cut in front of any of you in that line that day.

Whew -- I feel better finally confessing my faux pas.

Haha yeahh, on the subject of embarrassing stories

My mom likes to embarrass me, A LOT

So I told her about the Stickboy for the Hurricanes (Jack Friesen)

Well one day after practice he was coming out, and she marched right up to him, and was like "Hey Stickboy, my daughter over there hiding behind her friend thinks you're hott"

OMG i was crying i was sooooo embarrassed

grrrr

Never had anything embarrassing happen with a player, but back in '98 at the Draft I was trying to get from point A to point B for a photo and nearly laid out Mike Milbury. I didn't notice at the time who it was, but one of the guys I was with says, "You just ran over Mike Milbury!". To which I responded, "Well, he was in the way!" And I said this not realizing that Mr. Milbury was standing about three feet behind me.

and a good laugh was had by all.

except me.

LOL! I don't think I'd go that far! You'd have to be the judge of that. I have pictures posted in my photobucket account which you can get to on the Photo thread because I have hockey pictures up. I don't notice guys when they look at me, but my mom says they notice me. I think she's full of it.

Well, being something of an authority on the subject I'd give some credence to your mom's assessment. Which is why I said in your image thread that you had some good "goddess shots" in your main album. :wink:

(smooth huh?)

ok yeah...nevermind was thinking something else

So was I.

ok, this is really more funny than embarrassing.

At the skate with the canes charity event on the 14th I finally got to get Erik Cole's autograph and so the first thing out of my mouth when I get to him is a very chipper I finally get your autograph like a love struck puppy and then when I take a picture of him with my daughter she starts sliding on the ice so he grabs the back of her jersey and holds onto her while I'm snapping the photo. she has a half crooked smile because she's mumbling I'm falling, I'm falling.