The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Camniac

Embarrasing moment

I have 2 most embarrasing stories..

one is mine and one is my friends..

This is my friends embarrising story (mines after it)

So my friends and I were sitting at a practice at the RBC Center.

We were of course in the front row.

My friend loves Justin Williams..

She was staring at him through the glass when he skated right up to her and stared at her.

She got so scared she jumped back in her seat while

and he gave her the funniest face ever

like he was watching some wierd object

and I waved and smiled at Justin

as he did back to me.

and my friends and I still laugh about that.

Now time for mineee.

So I was at the practice with my friend

and we waiting after for the autographs..

and of course you guys know i love mike commodore.

so he drives up in his car..yes its a corvette..

and i was so excited i almost peed in my pants.

and my friend was like can i get a picture of you and my friend (me)

and he was like sureeee. and smiled.

so i stood next to him and he put his arm around me.

i basically screamed. and everyone stared at me.

then i asked if he could sign his t-shirt i was wearing.

he was like of course, okay and signed right above my heart.

and my friend got another picture of him signing my shirt.

and it looks like i was flashing him because i had a jacket on.

and i was like ahh thank you so much.

and he was like noo thank you for being a fan.

and i was like anything for youu!

i was so happy..that was the best/most embarrasing day ever..

thank goodness he didnt see the pic of his signing my shirt. haha

:D

once i was getting my picture with hedican after practice, and it was really windy outside

well silly me...i had my hair down, and while posing for the picture, my hair blew up and hit him in the face, and he made a funny noise :( i hope my hair didn't poke him in the eye or anything!!

unrelated, but chad sounds like such a fun guy! haha i wish i could party with him sometime, i bet he'd be blast to chill with!

ok yeah...nevermind was thinking something else

So was I.

now i wanna know what you were thinking!

ok, this is really more funny than embarrassing.

At the skate with the canes charity event on the 14th I finally got to get Erik Cole's autograph and so the first thing out of my mouth when I get to him is a very chipper I finally get your autograph like a love struck puppy and then when I take a picture of him with my daughter she starts sliding on the ice so he grabs the back of her jersey and holds onto her while I'm snapping the photo. she has a half crooked smile because she's mumbling I'm falling, I'm falling.

Aw, Colesy! Always the gentleman and helping to keep your daughter upright! I want to fall down so one of the guys can help keep me upright! LOL!

Wow you must be gorgeous, do you have problems with guys walking into walls in public places?

LOL! I don't think I'd go that far! You'd have to be the judge of that. I have pictures posted in my photobucket account which you can get to on the Photo thread because I have hockey pictures up. I don't notice guys when they look at me, but my mom says they notice me. I think she's full of it.

Well, being something of an authority on the subject I'd give some credence to your mom's assessment. Which is why I said in your image thread that you had some good "goddess shots" in your main album. :wink:

(smooth huh?)

LOL! I do believe you have just made my day! Very smooth! That is quite kind of you! You're too sweet!

once i was getting my picture with hedican after practice, and it was really windy outside

well silly me...i had my hair down, and while posing for the picture, my hair blew up and hit him in the face, and he made a funny noise :( i hope my hair didn't poke him in the eye or anything!!

unrelated, but chad sounds like such a fun guy! haha i wish i could party with him sometime, i bet he'd be blast to chill with!

So was I.

Think Marilyn Monroe.

ok, compared to your guys' stories, mine is nothing... its not embarrassing, but... here it goes;

so i was at a store and i was at the cash register when i looked over at another one and there before me was what appeared to be Miika Kiprusoff... now, i wasn't sure and i didn't want to make myself look like an idiot and run up to him and be like, "omg! you're kipper" if it wasn't, so i just kept staring at him... he had his wife, [i'm assuming], with him and he turns to her and whispers something and then starts laughing... i kept looking away but looking back b/c i coudln't for sure tell if it was him... he then smiled a nice smile and then walked out with his wife... to this day i am convinced it was him but... i was too chicken to say hi... :Oops: MAN! i could have met my dream man!! haha

So was I.

Think Marilyn Monroe.

hahaha

that'd never happen though, i don't wear skirts/dresses

At the season ticket holder event a few years ago, when I went to the table where O'Neill was and got him to sign a trading card. He had been really friendly with all the people ahead of me that had kids and stuff, but when I got up there he didn't say a word to me. I think he thought I was one of those dealers that sells cards and such, being that that I was just a dude there by myself, and I've heard players say they don't like those guys. Anyway I felt kinda dumb. Then again I've heard O'Neill was kind of a jerk anyway, so maybe I'm not alone.

ok, this is really more funny than embarrassing.

At the skate with the canes charity event on the 14th I finally got to get Erik Cole's autograph and so the first thing out of my mouth when I get to him is a very chipper I finally get your autograph like a love struck puppy and then when I take a picture of him with my daughter she starts sliding on the ice so he grabs the back of her jersey and holds onto her while I'm snapping the photo. she has a half crooked smile because she's mumbling I'm falling, I'm falling.

Aw, Colesy! Always the gentleman and helping to keep your daughter upright! I want to fall down so one of the guys can help keep me upright! LOL!

You're not the only one. I told her that she best leave my man alone. lol! Colesy is a sweetheart. He was playing tag with the little ones running around.

My family and I were at the Skate With the Canes event on the 14th. We were in the area where the players were sitting at the table signing autographs. Ray Whitney, Scott Walker, Glen Wesley, Eric Belanger, and Eric Staal were at that table. Since Eric Staal is my favorite player I was very nervous about meeting him. I jokingly made a comment to my mother who was behing me in line that I felt like I was going to pass out. All I could say to Eric was hello and got him to sign my jersey. So then my Mom looks at Eric and says I see my daughter made it through without fainting. He looked up at her and then looked at me and started laughing. It was humiliating!

My funniest Canes moment to date:

Remember the last game vs. the Thrashers when Wallin and Whats-His-Name were battling for the puck along the boards during the third period and it disappeared? Well, this was going on right in front of me (section 116 front row). The puck pops through the camera hole in the glass and lands in my lap. They're still battling for the puck. I start banging the puck on the glass. The confused look Wallin gave me was priceless! :lol: So then, Mr. perfect hair Kerry Fraser skates over and is consulting with the linesmen on what the call should be and the older gentleman that was sitting near me was yelling through the camera hole "IT WENT OFF THE ATLANTA PLAYER'S STICK! THE FACE OFF IS IN THEIR ZONE FRASER YOU IDIOT!" Then I yelled through the hole while holding the puck up "HEY YOU NEED THIS BACK?" The linesman (can't remember his name) looked at me and said "No". LOL it was classic. :lol:

My funniest Canes moment to date:

Remember the last game vs. the Thrashers when Wallin and Whats-His-Name were battling for the puck along the boards during the third period and it disappeared? Well, this was going on right in front of me (section 116 front row). The puck pops through the camera hole in the glass and lands in my lap. They're still battling for the puck. I start banging the puck on the glass. The confused look Wallin gave me was priceless! :lol: So then, Mr. perfect hair Kerry Fraser skates over and is consulting with the linesmen on what the call should be and the older gentleman that was sitting near me was yelling through the camera hole "IT WENT OFF THE ATLANTA PLAYER'S STICK! THE FACE OFF IS IN THEIR ZONE FRASER YOU IDIOT!" Then I yelled through the hole while holding the puck up "HEY YOU NEED THIS BACK?" The linesman (can't remember his name) looked at me and said "No". LOL it was classic. :lol:

Oh my goodness...that is too good! I think I would've peed my pants in laughter!!

When I met Chad LaRose and asked him for his autograph I started hyperventallating and crying because I was just so happy to finally meet him and get his autograph. When he looked up to give my pen back he gave me this cheezy little laugh and walked away. Soon to find out, when I thought I was keeping my hyperventallating breaths quiet, in actuality, they were pretty loud. :shock:

Wow, I love reading these stories, it makes me feel less embarrassed abotu my embarrassing hockey player moments. haha I've never met any Hurricanes, all I have are Sabres stories...

I have had lots of trouble with fumbling sharpies...one time I met Henrik Tallinder and I had a million things in my hands...I hand him my team photo and the sharpie with the cap on (I couldn't take it off myself because my hands were full haha) and suddenly his hands are full with the photo and the sharpie, and he leans over and holds the pen out and goes (in this charming Swedish accent haha), "can you take the cap off for me?" So I'm like, uhhh...what do I do...and I just throw my stuff at my friend and help him take the cap off. Then for some reason I found this to be so incredibly amusing and I couldn't stop smiling and laughing for like 10 minutes.

Then afterwards, on that same day (it was after practice) I had an awkward moment with Derek Roy, in which I was standing at the barrier and he pulled his car up to sign things. He had already finished with everyone so he was just sitting in his car waiting for the guy in front of him to pull out. I was standing there talking to someone, then I turned around to see if anyone else had come out, and there's Derek Roy looking right at me, like a foot away, with his window still rolled down. I just looked at him, and he looked at me, and then we both just kind of looked away at the same time. It caught me so offguard, and I didn't know whether I should acknowledge him or not, so I just chickened out and turned away. haha

Then i always have trouble speaking to Ryan Miller...I can barely get any words out usually, which is kind of bad, because he's kind of a shy guy...so then i'm shy and it just doesn't work well. haha I drew a drawing of him and had him sign it at that same practice, and when I showed it to him, he took it and looked at it for awhile kind of intently...so I was just kind of freaking out inside, haha, and he says, "Wow...that's really good." and all I can say is, "Thanks!" and then he signs it, ever so delicately (I loved it, it was like he was afraid to ruin it) and hands it back and says, "Good job!" and then all I can say is, "Thanks!" again. I felt like such a loser. haha I wanted to say at least something else like, "hey, have a good game tonight" or something, but I just couldn't get it out. I felt so stupid.

]I am CommodoreLover22's best friend

here is the pic

i think its pretty funny

and mike looks like hes enjoying it =]

ktiz.jpg

And now you might be everyone's best friend. Except maybe CommodoreLover22... guess it all depends on how she feels about the photo.

I don't know if my daughter was embarrassed or not, but she works at a local ice cream store that a few of the players come into and she was serving K. Adams and Rosie one night and Rosie asked if she smelled good from serving all that ice cream. She didn't know how to respond when he was actually standing there but we did come up with good answers later.

I don't know if my daughter was embarrassed or not, but she works at a local ice cream store that a few of the players come into and she was serving K. Adams and Rosie one night and Rosie asked if she smelled good from serving all that ice cream. She didn't know how to respond when he was actually standing there but we did come up with good answers later.

If Rosey asked me that I would have hit full on flirt mode! LOL! I'd be like, "Why don't YOU tell ME?" or something else a little less family friendly. Haha! Oh, man. I wouldn't have been able to control that from coming out of my mouth! HAHA!

If Rosey asked me that I would have hit full on flirt mode! LOL! I'd be like, "Why don't YOU tell ME?" or something else a little less family friendly. Haha! Oh, man. I wouldn't have been able to control that from coming out of my mouth! HAHA!

*note to self...*

]I am CommodoreLover22's best friend

here is the pic

i think its pretty funny

and mike looks like hes enjoying it =]

ktiz.jpg

And now you might be everyone's best friend. Except maybe CommodoreLover22... guess it all depends on how she feels about the photo.

haha she doesnt care