The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Camniac

Embarrasing moment

I don't know if my daughter was embarrassed or not, but she works at a local ice cream store that a few of the players come into and she was serving K. Adams and Rosie one night and Rosie asked if she smelled good from serving all that ice cream. She didn't know how to respond when he was actually standing there but we did come up with good answers later.

If he said that to me, wow, well can't say how I would respond. :lol:

I don't know if my daughter was embarrassed or not, but she works at a local ice cream store that a few of the players come into and she was serving K. Adams and Rosie one night and Rosie asked if she smelled good from serving all that ice cream. She didn't know how to respond when he was actually standing there but we did come up with good answers later.

OMG!!! wow, that's cool! i wouldn't know what to say! i would probably shink and say something stupid!! lol

Yeah I dont know what I would do if he said that to me!! I think Megan has the good idea, flirt, that is always your best bet!! I would have flirted with him in a heart beat lol, efven though I would probably get introuble.

Karen :mrgreen:

A friend's daughter works at Harris Teeter in Cary. She asked a male customer in her line if he had a HT card, and kept trying to convince him he should sign up for one. The customer gave her an odd look and said he didn't need one. After he left the manager came up to her and told her the customer was Mike Commodore. This was early in the season and she didn't recognize him without the fro.

A friend's daughter works at Harris Teeter in Cary. She asked a male customer in her line if he had a HT card, and kept trying to convince him he should sign up for one. The customer gave her an odd look and said he didn't need one. After he left the manager came up to her and told her the customer was Mike Commodore. This was early in the season and she didn't recognize him without the fro.

haha that is funny

my friend would have diedd!

I was at Crabtree Valley Mall right after Eric Staal got drafted to the Carolina Hurricanes. He was standing infront of Abercrombie and Fitch on his cellphone looking all hott. My mom and I were coming out of Belks to go into Abercrombie, and I noticed him, and stared. My mom noticed him as well, and he was looking back at us. I turned to my mom and was like "OMG ITS ERIC STAAL" and I said it a little too loudly, and he looked instantley at me and smiled. I was so embarrassed.

LMAO, that would be so embarrasing. Thankfully I havent had an embarrasing moment, yet, *knock on wood*.

Karen

she was serving K. Adams and Rosie one night and Rosie asked if she smelled good from serving all that ice cream.

If Rosey asked me that I would have hit full on flirt mode! LOL! I'd be like, "Why don't YOU tell ME?" or something else a little less family friendly. Haha! Oh, man. I wouldn't have been able to control that from coming out of my mouth! HAHA!

Girl, you and me both. I’d been all over that flirting opportunity like white on rice! I’d probably been fired, but it’d been worth it. LOL.

Some of these stories are totally cracking me up! Two of my faves so far are the Vinnie's butt one and telling JWillie he's the best with Gleason cracking up beside him.

Two semi-embarrassing stories.

1. I believe it was summer ’02 and some girlfriends and I were knocking back a few at Hibernian after work. It wasn’t terribly crowded, but of course, a lot of seats were taken around the bar. Out of nowhere, this guy leans in between me and my friend to put his empty glass on the bar and he has his other hand on the back of my chair. I glance over my shoulder, then quickly – and I’m sure oh-so-subtly! LOL – lean over to my friend and whispered, “Bates. Is. Touching. Me.†She shifts her eyes, sees him still there and whispers, “Yes, he is.†I don’t think he heard us, but he must have noticed us close to each other and so he said, “Oh, I’m sorry.†I barely glanced over my shoulder and said very nonchalantly, “That’s OK. No problem.†(Because, really, when you sit at the bar, you expect this kind of thing.) Then our stupid coke-ho friend says, “We’ll let you in ‘cause you’re cute.†The best part was the pause right before Bates goes, “Oh. OK.†Then he walked away. And we turn to her. “You idiot! Do you know who that was?! It was Bates Battaglia!†She continues to look stupid. “One of the Canes!†She gets it now. I go off to the bathroom, where apparently Bates has gone, too. (Not the SAME bathroom. This isn’t one of THOSE stories!) As I walk back to my friends, he’s just ahead of me and then he gets stopped by the stupid friend who is explaining that she didn’t know who he was. *headdesk* I swear, he looked back at me like a deer in the headlights with a crazy person behind the wheel. And I’m drunk, so all I can do is just shake my head and sort of laugh it off. And then he walked off again.

2. During the pre-season, I arranged to meet a friend at a Saturday practice. I’d never gone and felt silly going by myself, so we used her kids as a cover. =.) I get there, go in and there’s no sign of her. (And even though it’s 9 a.m., I’m rather dolled up because I had a Marshall game at 11:30 and I wasn’t going home in between. So everyone’s looking at me like, “Hello, puckbunny,†even though I’m in jeans and a T-shirt, because my hair and makeup were too good for an average Saturday morning.) I go back outside and intercept my friend as she’s driving through the parking lot. Right after her is a truck, which happens to park next to my car. I haven’t seen my friend in a while and this is the first time I’m meeting her kids, so I’m very focused as we’re walking through the lot. She’s teasing her daughter about her crush on Commie and says something about her having good taste for an 8-year-old. I say something like, “Yeah, 6’4â€, not too bad.†I glance over my shoulder and the guy driving the truck? Andrew Ladd. He’s about 4 feet away from us and had to have heard every word we said. The only way it could have been more embarrassing was if it’d been Commie himself!

And I think Commie should get a VIC card, whether he has a nice NHL contract or not. LOL.

i showed my sister a pic of commie without his fro and she looked at me and said, '' that's not commie, he has no fro!'' haha i guess to her he looks completely different!! lol

haha kerri were you looking at my pictures again?!

:D

i was gettin some pics with the guys after practice and i step off the curb to get one with Wallin and stepped right on his foot. i was like im so sry. yea it was pretty embarrasing!!! but he just said its alright and smiled for my picture!!(which turned out realy good)

I bet EVERYONE who threw their hat for Eric Staal's "Hat-Trick" the other night felt embarrassed. What a celebration everyone had just to be told differently by the announcer. I know everyone in my section was so mad and embarrassed.

She was waiting for Staal to come out to get him to sign something...well this was the same day that him and Cole were going to the Extreme Makeover filming (we later found out). Well, he was in a rush, so he didn't stop, so she chased him through the parking lot to his vehicle and asked him to sign the darn thing. OMG I was sooooo embarrased!
Wait Extreme Makeover? Which one? What did they do?

We have a mens dinner the last Tuesday night of each month at my church. Each meeting we have a guest speaker to come and share his testimony with us. This particular meeting I brought my 10 year old son because I had been told a pro hockey player was the speaker for the evening. After we had been seated for a few minutes a red haired man came in and sat beside my son. (I wasn't watching hockey at the time.) The red haired man and I started to talk about general things. After a few more minutes my son looked all around and said, "Hey, where's that hockey dude anyway?" The red haired man smiled and said, "I guess I'm him. I'm Glen Wesley."

MAN WAS I EMBARRASED! He just laughed it off but it gave me the chance to introduce my son and myself to him. He even brought some autographed pucks to the dinner and gave my son one.

She was waiting for Staal to come out to get him to sign something...well this was the same day that him and Cole were going to the Extreme Makeover filming (we later found out). Well, he was in a rush, so he didn't stop, so she chased him through the parking lot to his vehicle and asked him to sign the darn thing. OMG I was sooooo embarrased!

Wait Extreme Makeover? Which one? What did they do?

The one they did in Raleigh that aired this past Sunday, that they didn't end up being on. I know they went out there, but I don't know if they were supposed to be on TV or not.....they may have edited them out, cause they weren't on it