The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Camniac

Embarrasing moment

Mine is not as embarrasing compared to the other stories, but since I get embarrased easily, this is mine...

I went to a practice recently and stayed afterwords to get autographs. Some of the guys had sharpies all ready with them and some didn't. I had my sharpie with the cap on so it wouldn't get dried out. I don't remember which player it was, but I hadn't really been paying attention, so whenever he came to me I was kinda rushed giving him my sharpie and picture. So he was about to sign it when he noticed that the cap was still on and then he made this kinda annoyed face. I felt bad because he was kinda rushed and he had his hands full. I know, it's not really embarrasing, but like I said I get embarrased easily.

Mine is not as embarrasing compared to the other stories, but since I get embarrased easily, this is mine...

I went to a practice recently and stayed afterwords to get autographs. Some of the guys had sharpies all ready with them and some didn't. I had my sharpie with the cap on so it wouldn't get dried out. I don't remember which player it was, but I hadn't really been paying attention, so whenever he came to me I was kinda rushed giving him my sharpie and picture. So he was about to sign it when he noticed that the cap was still on and then he made this kinda annoyed face. I felt bad because he was kinda rushed and he had his hands full. I know, it's not really embarrasing, but like I said I get embarrased easily.

Is anybody else noticing a pattern here with the Sharpie caps?

Was it Whitney who looked annoyed?

That's funny that you ask about Whitney. Not embarrassing moment, but have to share, since the Wiz was brought up.

I was out getting autographs last week and this man was having the players sign like 2 things, poor Cam had to sign 3. Well nobody said anything to him. Well here comes Whitney, he signs one thing, then he was about to take my item to sign and the guy hands him something else. Whitney gave him the dirtiest look and just looked disgusted.

I said to Whitney some people just don't have any manners and he was like no kidding. Atleast I got him to smile again. :)

That's funny that you ask about Whitney. Not embarrassing moment, but have to share, since the Wiz was brought up.

I was out getting autographs last week and this man was having the players sign like 2 things, poor Cam had to sign 3. Well nobody said anything to him. Well here comes Whitney, he signs one thing, then he was about to take my item to sign and the guy hands him something else. Whitney gave him the dirtiest look and just looked disgusted.

I said to Whitney some people just don't have any manners and he was like no kidding. Atleast I got him to smile again. :)

The same sort of thing happened to me. I was there after a game with my sister(we're twins) with one thing each for Whitney to sign. There wasn't a lot of room so I was sort of standing behind my sister. After he signed her jersey I leaned forward and handed him a picture to sign. He drove right passed me and took the next person's item. Once he was done signing that I politely asked him if he could sign my picture. He gave me a weird look and was like ummm.. no only one item per person in a kind of rude way and kept going. I guess he didn't realize that there were two of us. I can definately understand where Whitney is coming from and I'm sure he wanted to get home to his family, it just shocked me at the time since every other time I had seen him he had been great with the fans.

Well I have that fair Irish skin, so when I blush, I'm brighter than a tomato. This wasn't that embarrassing, but I know I blushed.

I went to a practice and waited afterwards to have Rod sign something for me. He pulls up in his truck and I can barely hand the pic to him. My hand was shaking so much and I had the hardest time getting it into his hand. When he handed it back, I almost dropped it. I was wearing my Brind'Amour t-shirt and he had pulled his car forward a bit to sign other things. I didn't mind that I didn't get my shirt signed, but then a friendly woman said, "Don't you want him to sign your shirt?" She ushered me up to his truck and I asked him, voice shaking, "Could you sign my shirt?" I was leaning my shoulder into his car, then I turned my head and said "Th-th-thanks...so....much." I swear I could have collapsed right then and there. It was pretty cool. I'm glad I haven't had any embarrassing moments with the guys, but I do hope to have a run-in with them sometime.

this is not meant to make fun of anyone, but i think its funny how on these boards we are all like we would take pics of the players and get them to do ths and that but when we really meet them, we freeze up! haha i find that funny! don't worry, i'd be the same way if i ever met a player!!!

this is not meant to make fun of anyone, but i think its funny how on these boards we are all like we would take pics of the players and get them to do ths and that but when we really meet them, we freeze up! haha i find that funny! don't worry, i'd be the same way if i ever met a player!!!

once cam got out of his car to go down the line, and i must've been feelin pretty good that day, because i asked for his picture and got right up on him...leaned my head into his shoulder and wrapped my arm right around him...lol my mom still gives me crap for it all the time!

i wish commie would walk...i want him to do a fun pose with me! i'm scared that'd be too much to ask for, though

i can see it now...i should bring a box to stand on so we're even height...leaning back to back, arms folded across the chest with the look on our faces "yeah man...we're hardcore"

i'll work up the guts to ask him one day!

once cam got out of his car to go down the line, and i must've been feelin pretty good that day, because i asked for his picture and got right up on him...leaned my head into his shoulder and wrapped my arm right around him...lol my mom still gives me crap for it all the time!

i wish commie would walk...i want him to do a fun pose with me! i'm scared that'd be too much to ask for, though

i can see it now...i should bring a box to stand on so we're even height...leaning back to back, arms folded across the chest with the look on our faces "yeah man...we're hardcore"

i'll work up the guts to ask him one day!

Ohh that would be awesome Slim, if you did do that with Commodore. And about the Cam thing, Im sure he didnt mind! lol :wink:

Karen

Yeah, I was surprised that I didn't freeze up the other night talking to the guys. Although, I think maybe in a less rushed encounter it might be different.

After I complimented Cam on his Steelers hat all I could think was "Oh my gosh, I sound like such a huge dork"

I doubt that I will stay without an embarassing story for long though :lol:

Yeah, I was surprised that I didn't freeze up the other night talking to the guys. Although, I think maybe in a less rushed encounter it might be different.

After I complimented Cam on his Steelers hat all I could think was "Oh my gosh, I sound like such a huge dork"

No, you'll just keep reminding me of the fact that I flirted with Andrew Ladd like a wild woman and that I talked with John Grahame about the weather because I'm a dork. At least you had a good topic of conversation! LOL!

No, you'll just keep reminding me of the fact that I flirted with Andrew Ladd like a wild woman and that I talked with John Grahame about the weather because I'm a dork. At least you had a good topic of conversation! LOL!

LMAO Yeah, well the whole Ladd thing is absolutely funny to think about!

LMAO Yeah, well the whole Ladd thing is absolutely funny to think about!

Gah, I didn't mean it to come out all sultry the way it did! LOL! It was one of those hormonal woman things! Besides, he was too busy signing his name to pay attention to me! Haha! Good thing he didn't say something about it to make me feel more like a dork!

My story comes from the days I worked at the arena in the Premium Seating Dept. I was working the lower level suites during an O-Town concert and Ron Francis was there with his family and several friends of his kids. He came out of the suite and because my job was to cater to the suiteholders he approached me and asked for some ear plugs. I got them for him and saw him talking to someone in front of his suite door. A few minutes later the man he was talking to asked me if I could find out the Atlanta Braves baseball score for him. When I came back several minutes later with the information that the Braves weren't playing that night I thought the guy who asked had come frm Ron's suite. So I went in the suite and had to ask Ron who had wanted to know the score of the Braves game. Well, to make a long story short, the guy who asked was not in Ron's suite for the night, but rather in the one next to him. Ron was very nice, but he kind of looked at me like I losing my mind or something.

:Oops:

My story comes from the days I worked at the arena in the Premium Seating Dept. I was working the lower level suites during an O-Town concert and Ron Francis was there with his family and several friends of his kids. He came out of the suite and because my job was to cater to the suiteholders he approached me and asked for some ear plugs. I got them for him and saw him talking to someone in front of his suite door. A few minutes later the man he was talking to asked me if I could find out the Atlanta Braves baseball score for him. When I came back several minutes later with the information that the Braves weren't playing that night I thought the guy who asked had come frm Ron's suite. So I went in the suite and had to ask Ron who had wanted to know the score of the Braves game. Well, to make a long story short, the guy who asked was not in Ron's suite for the night, but rather in the one next to him. Ron was very nice, but he kind of looked at me like I losing my mind or something.

:Oops:

I think Ron got the worse end of the stick. He had to sit through an O-Town concert! LMAO! Then again, I used to be an O-Town fan so I can't talk. I can't even imagine Ron Francis at an O-Town concert! LOL! My dad told me he'd buy tickets and drop me off because there was no way he'd sit through that! Ron is a braver man than most! :)

yeah we were all amazed to see him there. He was extremly polite when he came out to ask for the ear plus. He had an obvious jesture to look at my name tag and called me by name. Very classy!!! (I'm sure you know some of the abuse we employess got from some fans! LOL)

Our most recent Hurricanes encounter wasn't embarrassing, but it was pretty funny. My mom was visiting for the holidays from out of state and we were out to lunch one afternoon.

One of the more recognizable Hurricanes players and a friend walks in just after we order and they are seated directly behind us. My back is to them and my mom is facing them. I know how difficult it is to be an anonymous person wanting to have a private life when you are well known, so I make no mention of who it is to her, do not turn around to sneak a peek at them, etc.

As the meal progresses though, I notice that my mom keeps looking over my head toward the next table when she is speaking to me. I finally whisper as quietly as possible she should stop staring at them and let them have some semblance of a normal lunch without feeling as though they're being gawked at in public.

She replies, *Oh, you thought I was staring at them because he's one of the players on your hockey team, weren't you?* It turns out that she kept looking over that way because every time the waiter brought food to our table, they were casually peeking over my shoulder to see what we were getting--or not so casually when it came to dessert as the player's friend shot their head around the joint booth back entirely to see what we'd ordered. :-)

L

]I am CommodoreLover22's best friend

here is the pic

i think its pretty funny

and mike looks like hes enjoying it =]

ktiz.jpg

And now you might be everyone's best friend. Except maybe CommodoreLover22... guess it all depends on how she feels about the photo.

OMG I REMEMBER THAT!!

AHHHH AMANDAAA!!!!

hha okay guys.. yeah this was one of my most

embarrasing moments right here. :Oops: