The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CaniacKidd

You might be a caniac

both

Not knowing who you are, your age, etc...let's just say that at 46 years old, with 2 kids, and after 15 years of marriage, I appear to be coming to the end of my career and the coach doesn't want to put me in the game as much as I'd like. I guess you could say that I'm leading the league in shutouts. Or maybe I should say that SHE'S leading the league in shutouts!

both

Not knowing who you are, your age, etc...let's just say that at 46 years old, with 2 kids, and after 15 years of marriage, I appear to be coming to the end of my career and the coach doesn't want to put me in the game as much as I'd like. I guess you could say that I'm leading the league in shutouts. Or maybe I should say that SHE'S leading the league in shutouts!

I pity you.

both

I am 5 years older than you but not so successful in marriage or to put it in hockey terms "I am the Anson Carter of Marriages". have 1 kid that should graduate NCState next winter. i have had the same issues with "coaches", some play you too much but most not enough!!

both

I pity you.

you will get there soon!!

both

I pity you.

I guess it would be presumptuous of me to start thinking Hall of Fame?!?!?

Hang in there, ws, and remember to stay active as long as you're alive! 8)

After reading your post, I'm feeling like I'm doing my own life totally bass-akward! :roll: :roll: I'm 45, and have been running for less than two years so far. (There's also the second career that I and my better half of 19 years, Mr. GSBG, will officially begin next Monday ... but that's an altogether different story.)

During that time, I've packed in nearly 1,400 running miles, including a marathon, a half-marathon, a 10-miler, three 10Ks (6.22 miles), a five-miler, and numerous 5Ks. During each of my long training runs every Saturday from June to mid-October, I reminded myself that if the Canes could win the Cup, I could complete the Long Beach Marathon ... which, in fact, I did. :mrgreen:

So how's that for YKYACW status: keeping a vision of Brindy kissing the Cup while you're in the middle of a 20-mile training run? 8)

Jan/GSBG

both

I pity you.

I guess it would be presumptuous of me to start thinking Hall of Fame?!?!?

anyone that can make a marriage work for over 10 years should be "Hall of Fame" and "Jersey Retirement" kind of guys. You have my vote.

anyone that can make a marriage work for over 10 years should be "Hall of Fame" and "Jersey Retirement" kind of guys. You have my vote.

I'll pass along that sentiment to Mr. GSBG at dinner tonight. Given that we'll be celebrating #20 on Feb. 20, 2008, would that make us double Hall of Fame/jersey-retirement folks? :mrgreen:

Jan/GSBG

280- You wake up every morning to the Canes' goal horn blasting at max volume on your CD alarm clock. :wink:

hmmm, that is a good idea!!! Maybe that might help me get my butt out of bed in the morning!!!! I woudl probably wake up screaming "GOAL!"

284 - YKYAKW You are talking to your future roommate and you both realize that the dorm room is going to look like a Hurricanes bomb exploded due to all the hockey stuff you own between both of you.

285 - When your 3 year old niece has been around hockey enough to say things like "Skate! Skate" and "Get down there!" when watching hockey.

Your only on number 4? lol

This is probably my 20th......

:P :P :P

And I have 2 weeks off school. so 2 weeks times 20 times a day equals....280 times on the boards!! :lol:

Given that I'm 45, 21 years removed from earning my bachelor's degree and preparing to have our shop open next Monday, TC, the fact that this is my fifth time on the boards today shows I'm shirking my duties. Bad Jan! :twisted:

Jan/GSBG

Given that I'm 45, 21 years removed from earning my bachelor's degree and preparing to have our shop open next Monday, TC, the fact that this is my fifth time on the boards today shows I'm shirking my duties. Bad Jan! :twisted:

Jan/GSBG

:-) I hear ya, i'm only messin with ya :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :):)

I'll pass along that sentiment to Mr. GSBG at dinner tonight. Given that we'll be celebrating #20 on Feb. 20, 2008, would that make us double Hall of Fame/jersey-retirement folks? :mrgreen:

Jan/GSBG

In my book you two are the Gretzy's of marriage.