The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
HeyHeyWhatDoYouSay

Everytime we play toronto

The guys have just lost their defensive momentum, one minute they seem to be really focused then Toronto blows them away. I still support them, you gotta be there whether they are up or down, they have been playing prior to this phenomenaly. Just wish them luck in what's left and pray alot.

Toronto seems to beat the entire south-east division. It might possibly be because Paul Maurice coached there, but the Leafs were beating the SE last year too.

I don't know what to say about tonights Car/Tor game.

there's nothing to say, except that it was a horrible game... no reason on dwelling on the past... they'll get it together tomorrow and rebound off of such a dissappointing game and turn tomorrow into an amazing game.

go canes.

we don't seem to have any chance offensively.

The puck is always in our own zone.

Why? I mean Totonro is not the league's top team.

They hit and take us out of our game..

We take the hits and roll over and play dead...

...no big secret. Canes showed no heart tonight. Pathetic effort.

It would be nice if we had someone on defense that could make an outlet pass just once in a while. Our team seems to live or die with the dump and chase. For a supposedly fast skating team, we sure don't seem to beat anyione down the ice. As a result we'reconstantly back on our heels and giving the opposition an outlandish number of rushes on the gaol right down the middle of the ice.

The Canes neede to play like game 7 last year, instead we got game 6. You just can't let them get away with pushing you around like that. Even if you lose, you should be able to at least give out as much as you're taking.

The Canes really got pushed around in a big way tonight. You had Antropov making Big Joe look like a wee feller, and that hit on Brind'Amour brought a tear to my eye. Guys like Williams and LaRose were trying to finish their checks but were just bouncing off like Daniel Briere trying to check Zdeno Chara.

The Leafs had the neutral zone clogged up, and against teams that play like that, the Canes have a chance only when their transition game is clicking.

Some nights the 'Canes just seem to get disheartened...I think Ward letting in that early goal put our team in a negative mindest for most of the rest of the game. As resilient as I've seen the 'Canes be on some nights, on others they just don't know how to deal with adversity. Maybe our 3 straight wins combined with Toronto needing points even more badly than we did gave the Leafs more jump.

We HAVE to bounce back tomorrow against a Flyers team with nothing to play for.

The leafs just seemed to have our number last night. As Marcus said they dominated the entire game. They came out physical and seemed to intimidate us from the beginning. Our offense just didn't click and cam was a little sluggish.

On the up side, we still have a chance on the playoffs. Our guys are getting healthy again(except for the Wesley injury last night). One off night doesn't end our year. I'm sure Lavi had "some words of wisdom" to impart to the guys on the trip to Philli last night.

We just flat out got our butts whipped!!!!In every way!!!Not a good effort by one person on the team last nite.Another opportunity missed!!