The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
canes8

Toronto Game

I'm going to the game in Toronto tomorrow... I know it's a long way, but any other fellow Caniacs going to be there?

the last game we were there, there seem to be quiet a few canes jersey's in the arena.

'Canes are loved in Canada... (considering the number of Canadians on the team.... more then most other NHL teams have) and T.O. is a zoo.... There will never, ever be a more insane experience then watching Montreal vs Toronto play a home-and-home series. be at both rinks... remarkable...

Anyway.... this is going to be a huge game... big for both teams... a win can essentially knock Toronto right out of the race.

'Canes are loved in Canada...

I'll take your word for it, but I doubt that was the case in Toronto when I went in early June of 2002 a week or so after we knocked them out of the ECF. I put my Hurricanes hat in the trunk once we left Niagara Falls.

Well... can't speak for Toronto... (which I happen to dislike) or Montreal.. (for obvious reasons) but WESTERN CANADA seems to like them.... lol Even those people I talk to from Edmonton seem to have a vast amount of respect for them.

I think the Flames fans liked us because we beat the Oilers and I think the Oilers fans liked us because pretty much all of their fans had a great experience down here, even if the outcome was not what they wanted. I think they found the tailgating to be awesome, the southern hospitality to be top-notch, the weather to be fantastic ... It's funny, almost no team has fans who have left here complaining. I remember '02, some Toronto fan said we should have the playoffs here every year.

Bah... We western Canadians are so much like you guys down there in Raleigh that I can't tell the difference. which is pretty cool because you seem to lack the arrogance that we experience from people from many areas of the U.S.A. It's quite refreshing and gives the U.S. a great name in my books... unlike SOME of the Americans I've met.... Driving to SoCal from Saskatchewan you meet alot of jerks along the way.....

Thats actually kind of cool to hear, glad all you guys liked your trip down to good ole NC hopefully if I ever make it up to Western Canada one day I'll be able to say the same about you folks. From what I hear you guys are pretty good people too.

Bah... We western Canadians are so much like you guys down there in Raleigh that I can't tell the difference. which is pretty cool because you seem to lack the arrogance that we experience from people from many areas of the U.S.A. It's quite refreshing and gives the U.S. a great name in my books... unlike SOME of the Americans I've met.... Driving to SoCal from Saskatchewan you meet alot of jerks along the way.....

funny!!! my sister and her family were vacationing in Turkey (of all places) and were mistaken for "western Canadians" by an eloderly couple from Calgary!! Sadly enough, her children were so well behaved that nobody thought they were from the US... how pitiful is that, people world - wide expect Americans to be loud, rude, uneducated louts.

Sadly enough, her children were so well behaved that nobody thought they were from the US... how pitiful is that, people world - wide expect Americans to be loud, rude, uneducated louts.

Sounds like they expect American children to be loud, rude, uneducated louts. I'd say that I agree with that most of the time, especially kids with those d*mned Heelies.

'Canes are loved in Canada...

I'll take your word for it, but I doubt that was the case in Toronto when I went in early June of 2002 a week or so after we knocked them out of the ECF. I put my Hurricanes hat in the trunk once we left Niagara Falls.

That's funny. I used to work with a Canadian who had become a Canes fan. He did a presentation in Canada right after the SC Final last year. He said "we started mixing the formula in a new cup we developed" and showed a slide of the Stanley Cup. He did warn the guy traveling with him about wearing a Canes hat as they traveled out to Western Canada. After a few comments and stares, he stopped wearing the hat.

Boy did you ever get ripped off last nite!!!!That wasn't a game it was a clinic on how to get your a** whipped!!!

Well, even though the Canes lost, I went more to watch Gleason play than anything. He didn't do great either, but I got some lovely pics and had a great time, so I didn't get ripped off at all.

Boy did you ever get ripped off last nite!!!!That wasn't a game it was a clinic on how to get your a** whipped!!!

Do you like them? Or at least have any faith whatsoever?

Do you like them? Or at least have any faith whatsoever?

I think all DJ is trying to do is state the obvious. Looks like he can just repost that same line after the game tonight.