The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
StateCaniac

The rest of the way...

I guess stanley cup wins are like ice cream cones in summer. That first one is fantastic. The second one isn't quite worth a long uphill climb though.

It's more like a climb on a mountain. The first time, you have plenty of energy and will power to make that first run to the top. It's the second bigger mountain that's murder.

It's anyone's guess over the next 5 games what will happen.

Atlanta pulled off one point last night with the SO loss to Florida.

Florida has been playing inspired hockey of late (4-2 in their last 6)

Tampa has been playing average (3-3 in their last 6) Like the Canes, they've been giving up a lot of goals lately.

Atlanta has been free falling as well. (2-3-1 in their last 6)

It's anyone's game really in the SE. IF either team gets on a roll over these last 5-games, they'll come away with the Division Crown. AND the way they've been playing of late (Tampa, Carolina, Atlanta) it is VERY possible the SE Division Champion will be the only representative out of the SE.

These next 5 games will really show what our team is made of!!They cannot even take one shift off!!!We all know they have the ability now they just have to have the Desire!

Of course they can be won... but someone needs to remind the team that they can do it. They HAVE to do it.

Maybe RBC should pass out signs to everyone as they enter the door. Some saying "We Believe" and some saying "You Can Do It". Then we can hold them up for the guys to see. 8)

I think that they need all 5 games to be wins, that would give them 94 pts. and maybe enough to get in. They've got less wins than Montreal, Tampa and the NYRangers. Total wins is the first tie breaker, so, they need wins.

I guess stanley cup wins are like ice cream cones in summer. That first one is fantastic. The second one isn't quite worth a long uphill climb though.

that imho is an irrelevant comment. this is not the same team as last year. plain and simple

no weight, cullen, recchi, A ward, and Gerber.

this is a different team and last years team is gone.

Depends which Canes team decides to show up for these games.

The team that dressed for the past 2 roads games will LOSE the next 5 games.

The team that dressed against the Sharks will WIN the next 5 games.

3 games at home ... 5 Wins are possible against Tampa, Florida and Atlanta.

But not by the team we watched on TV the past 2 road games !

I'm a pessimist at heart, but I can't get this one thought out of my mind: the last five games are all against the SE, Atlanta and Tampa Bay have been slumping too, and we're not too far out of first in the division. Still possible, right? Two games against Tampa, maybe steal four points and if nothing else we can pull them down with us.

no weight, cullen, recchi, A ward, and Gerber.

this is a different team and last years team is gone.

Only if more people would realize this and move on... The past is the past. We won the Cup and no one can take that away from us regardless of how this season turns out. Just not the same chemistry on this team. There are teams that have never even sniffed the Cup, and some on this board are *&^%$#!@ing and moaning b/c we're not in what one would consider serious contention this season. If we hadn't won the Cup last season, would there really be all this dissention or would it have been just another so-so season for the 'Canes?! To your point, it isn't the same team...we shouldn't expect the same results.

I'm a pessimist at heart, but I can't get this one thought out of my mind: the last five games are all against the SE, Atlanta and Tampa Bay have been slumping too, and we're not too far out of first in the division. Still possible, right? Two games against Tampa, maybe steal four points and if nothing else we can pull them down with us.

Optimist here. I think you're right about the last 5 games vs SE being in favor of the Canes.

The physical style and size of Toronto and Philly crushed the Canes. That isn't who they're playing for the next 5. Instead, the opponent's style favors the Canes (they're more skaters and shooters than bangers).

With some good play Friday, and some breaks on Saturday, the Canes will be right in the hunt....and this Forum will have a more positive tone.

I said I'm an optimist :)

i agree w// us in the favor of the games :-D

im going to the one on sunday against the panthers so im hoping i bring some good luck, haha :-D

basically we need big wins, and we need positive attitudes from the players, coaching, and staff the WHOLE game :-D

Only if more people would realize this and move on... The past is the past. We won the Cup and no one can take that away from us regardless of how this season turns out. Just not the same chemistry on this team. There are teams that have never even sniffed the Cup, and some on this board are *&^%$#!@ing and moaning b/c we're not in what one would consider serious contention this season. If we hadn't won the Cup last season, would there really be all this dissention or would it have been just another so-so season for the 'Canes?! To your point, it isn't the same team...we shouldn't expect the same results.
So what I'm hearing is that when any team wins a championship, it's not realistic to think that they can make the playoffs the next season? Are you serious?

Everyone bring all the good mojo and let's send some positive energy down to the ice tomorrow night and every game from here on out!