The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
carolina_kat

Fan Friendly Canes

Wallin I really liked, too. He waited around looking to sign autographs. He's quickly become one of my favorite Canes since I've gone to the practices. Kind of felt bad for him because not many seemed to be trying to get his, and he seemed kind of lost.

Same with Hutch, who I don't think anyone stopped at all. I was busy getting Babchuk's, or I would have at least said something to him. Felt really bad seeing that.

Yeah, I really hate seeing some of the guys get little or no attention. I always stop Hutch and have something for him to sign and as for a picture. Maybe thats why he always seems like one of the nicest guys on the team to me, because he NEVER seems in a rush.

My kids and I have stayed after a few games and gone to a couple of practices. Ladd and Tanabe are by far the best. They always sign and are very nice. Brind"amour has stopped every time, but hasn't been as talkative. He still gets an A in my book. Staal is about 50% on signing, but he and Williams walked down the line last Thursday night after the game and were very nice. Wesley has never stopped. I was asking the security guard and he said that Wesley never stopped after a game. I've got a team picture and I'm missing Walker, Wesley, and Babchuck.

I was talking to Tanabe and he said that Raleigh was the only place in the league that fans waited around for autographs.

I was talking to Tanabe and he said that Raleigh was the only place in the league that fans waited around for autographs.

And that's why we are the best fans! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wallin I really liked, too. He waited around looking to sign autographs. He's quickly become one of my favorite Canes since I've gone to the practices. Kind of felt bad for him because not many seemed to be trying to get his, and he seemed kind of lost.

Same with Hutch, who I don't think anyone stopped at all. I was busy getting Babchuk's, or I would have at least said something to him. Felt really bad seeing that.

Yeah, I really hate seeing some of the guys get little or no attention. I always stop Hutch and have something for him to sign and as for a picture. Maybe thats why he always seems like one of the nicest guys on the team to me, because he NEVER seems in a rush.

I felt bad for Hutch ontime, he was signing an autograph and the little girl asked him who he was.

I was looking at my previous post and I realized I didn't mention Wallin. He is a regular at signing and he is always very nice. Grahame and Ward usually sign.

As far as some kid asking who a player is, I see that all of the time. I try to tell them before they get up to ask. I don't think the players mind that too much.

Plus, the kids mostly see them in helmets and uniforms. It's a lot different when they come out, all cleaned up in street clothes for the first time. Shoot, I'm an adult and I'd probably have trouble with a couple. =.)

I do feel bad for the guys when they're not recognized, though. I think the thing with Hutch is that he looks like the guy who lives next door to you, y'know? Nice-looking guy, seems to be a friendly face, but he just doesn't look like a hockey player.

I felt bad for Hutch ontime, he was signing an autograph and the little girl asked him who he was.

:shock: Awww that is sad :(

I've only "encountered" two Hurricanes, Nic Wallin and Chad LaRose.

Wallin was in a McDonald's after a game and was very nice, talking to a couple of fans and taking some pictures. He seemed to be genuinely interested. Have to give him an A+

LaRose wasn't really an encounter; I got my little brother lower level tickets to I think only his 2nd hockey game ever last season for his birthday. During warmups LaRose flipped a puck up over the glass to him, which really made his night. They all do it, yeah, but it's great when it's you or your family. Another A+

Cam has GOT to be the nicest i've met. I am a figure skater and he signed my skate one time at the RecZone, and he told me good luck with my skating and stuff. He was so nice. :D

and then one time I was at practice at the Cary Ice House, and it was right after they won the cup, Wesley was out on the ice doing an interview, so I asked him to sign my skate too, and he said that my skate was the first skate he has ever signed. He was really nice too. :D

Our Canes are just great in general!!

If what was said about us being the only fans that wait around for autographs, you gotta hand it to the guys for having the patience to sign ALL THOSE AUTOGRAPHS! :D I know it is a part of thier job, but I could imagine that it could be a little overwelming at times. I don't think I'd be able to keep my cool sometimes. :mrgreen:

I've never asked for anything at their practices but I've attended quite a few events (Skate with the Canes, STH events). Honestly the guys are generally nice.

Brind'amour.... A - Nice guy - obviously he's a pro at this

LaRose....C - seemed to want to be anywhere but there

Staal....A - really nice and quiet

Big Joe....n/a - never met him

Cole....A+++ - honestly, he's the most personable and friendly in my opinion

Ladd....A+ - again, super personable

Stillman....A - "pleasant signer" - couldn't agree more

Whitney....B - only met him in a photo session so can't really say

C. Adams....B - same as whitney

Carter....n/a

Letwoski....B - seemed nice enough

Walker....A - at all events, he's been nothing but friendly and pleasant - not to mention he high-fived my nephew so points there ;)

Williams....A - he's a joker, that's for sure. Met his grandfather at a game and the signage just made me chuckle - "To the best grampa EVER! Justin Williams"

Babchuck....B+; I think Anton gets a bad rap and has a language barrier but was incredibly pleasant, despite lack of interest by the fans, at Skate with the Canes

Commodore....A - just awesome with all types of folks

Gleason.....n/a - don't think I've ever met him, might've been in the photo session

Hutchinson....A - AWESOME guy

Kaberle....B - pictures only so never met him up close and personal

Seidenberg....n/a

Tanabe....A- - very approachable guy

Wallin....B

Wesley....A - he definitely gets friendlier when his family is around

Hedican....B

Ward....A - he was awesome with my nephew at the Skate with the Canes

Grahame....C - "I am going to give him extra points because a friend of his (his girlfriend maybe) gave my friend, my daughter, and I a pass to go down and meet the players after a game recently" - not sure it was the same person but I know a girl who was dating him and they broke up because he was being, in her words, "d*&^ish" - my view is skewed as a result

I felt bad for Hutch onetime, he was signing an autograph and the little girl asked him who he was.

:shock: Awww that is sad :(

Even with this, Hutch was great about it and signed her autograph...... I made sure the little girl knew each players name after that.

Ok since I live in Pennsylvania it's almost impossible to run into any Canes. But I was at the game the other night in Philly(March 28)and during the pregame skate I was standing behind the Canes bench at the glass. Cam came over to the bench and started doing his stretches with his leg up on the wall. This woman next to me started talking to him and he actually looked up smiled(so cute!) and talked a minute to all of us. I was really surprised considering there was about 20 people standing there with Flyers jerseys on.

They were actually wearing Brind'Amour jerseys(all of them)! The security guy came down and said that Brind'Amour was not there(he was joking)and I thought this lady was going to faint. Her face was classic. Usually the opposing players ignore you when you talk to them, so I was surprised.

I didn't know Grahame had a girlfriend. I thought he was single. He has been always so nice when I talk to him. Kam1 where did your friend who dated him meet him? How long ago was she seeing him?

I didn't know Grahame had a girlfriend. I thought he was single. He has been always so nice when I talk to him. Kam1 where did your friend who dated him meet him? How long ago was she seeing him?

They weren't boyfriend/girlfriend. They were just dating. As far as I know, they were only involved for a couple of months and stopped seeing each other recently.

I've met 2 Canes, former Lightning players. I met JG and Stillman at a preseason STH gathering in 2003-2004 season. Johnny just signed, smiled, and moved on. Stillman, I spoke to Cory for about 5-10 minutes in the Lightning locker room. He was in the same room with Lecavalier signing autographs. If you don't recall, Stillman was just recently traded to Tampa from St. Louis. I was telling him i liked St. Louis and he asked me who my favorite Blue was. I told him I liked Al MacInnis and Chris Pronger. He had nothing but compliments for both players. Cory was super nice and no one really knew who he was since he was a new player to Tampa since he wasn't there in 2002-2003. His line for autographs was about 2 people deep tahts why i had such a long conversation haha.

The weirdest player that signed autographs; Khabibulin. He looked scared all the time and never said a word, just nodded his head. haha.

But I was at the game the other night in Philly(March 28)and during the pregame skate I was standing behind the Canes bench at the glass. Cam came over to the bench and started doing his stretches with his leg up on the wall. This woman next to me started talking to him and he actually looked up smiled(so cute!) and talked a minute to all of us.

Took my family to a game down in Florida in December. My daughter had a sign that said, "All I want for Xmas is a kiss from Cam". Cam flipped 2 pucks over the glass to her, and other kids got them. Then he picked one up and tossed it to me. If he was starting he probably would not have done this at all. It sure made a 12 year girl happy.

I've got just about everyone's autograph at some point or other and don't have time to rate each individually but these are a few that stand out to me.

Cole..A+++ At the Skate With The Canes he was playing tag with the kid's on the ice while stopping to sign autographs and when taking a piv with my daughter she started sliding and he grabbed her by the back of her jersey to hold on to her which was sweet.

Cam...A+++ Has stopped every time and walks out without the car mostly and is just all around super nice guy.

Brind'Amour...A+++ Great Leader, Great Dad, what more can I say. As you've all said he will apologize if he can't stop. One night it was late after a game and he had the kid's with him and said he was sorry for not being able to stop but had to get the kid's home and into bed. Like I said, he puts his kid's 1st and that in my book is enough for me.

Big Joe A+++ last year I got his autograph and when others were leaving he was about the only one to stop and he had a truck full of minor league players and they passed the stuff around the car and all signed and talked to us a bit.

I met Grahame at the skate with the canes event and he was so nice, he just kept smiling at me and I thought if only I were single I would give you my #. lol

But I was at the game the other night in Philly(March 28)and during the pregame skate I was standing behind the Canes bench at the glass. Cam came over to the bench and started doing his stretches with his leg up on the wall. This woman next to me started talking to him and he actually looked up smiled(so cute!) and talked a minute to all of us.

Took my family to a game down in Florida in December. My daughter had a sign that said' date=' "All I want for Xmas is a kiss from Cam". Cam flipped 2 pucks over the glass to her, and other kids got them. Then he picked one up and tossed it to me. If he was starting he probably would not have done this at all. It sure made a 12 year girl happy.[/quote']

Oh my Gosh, that is so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!