The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
joepuckster

Bettman ruined your team and has gotten his way

Gary Bettman has gotten the parity that he wants...

The two teams that were in the Stanley Cup Finals last year might not even make the playoffs this year. Edmonton definitely won't, and the 'canes might not. This is ridiculous!!! There should not be this much change in the league in a year...

Bettman has messed up the game so much it's beyond belief. So many rule changes, that no one really knows what the rules are anymore, including the players and officials and refs. The NHL is going downhill and TV viewership and spending is at an all time low...

The guys over at

http://www.FireBettman.com

have really got something good going! We need to get rid of this clown who is running the NHL and get someone in there who knows a little bit about hockey. Join together than let's help get rid of Gary Bettman!!!!

Aren't officials and refs the same thing?

Rules haven't really changed that much since last year, so you can't use that as an agruement.

I agree that Bettman is a fool but I think the parity is a good thing. Sooner or later, a club will figure out how to put together another hockey dynasty. It will just take some time now that you can't throw money at the problem anymore. Isn't that what happened in football?

yeah parity sucks......nothing better than seeing a team spend way more than other teams and watching the same team win the cup year after year after year. Isn't that what the yankees do and I'm sick of those guys.

Gary Bettman has gotten the parity that he wants...

who is running the NHL and get someone in there who knows a little bit about hockey.

Dude, did you not see the Wings team that won the SCF over our Canes?

That team probably could have beaten many all star teams.

Parity has made Jan. and Feb games mean more then ever.

Parity = Good

Trolling = Bad

Hey...a team has a crappy season (or is having a tough time finishing and making the playoffs) and their fans can have hope for next year. I don't have a problem with that. Parity definitely makes the season more exciting, if nothing else.

I only have two things to add to this.

1) The new NHL is still, well, "new". GMs will learn understand this new CBA system over the years and eventually the good GMs will build multi year successes....just how New England eventually did it in the once parody stricken NFL.

2) Edmonton and Carolina were the two BIGGEST whiners for a salary cap and revenue sharing. I have no sympathy for either team. The Oiler's were hypocrites....in the old NHL they kept complaining about how they had no money to afford a higher payroll. First year in the new NHL they set a record high for payroll costs. And I've voiced my feelings on Karmanos' finances in other threads. Point is, I have no sympathy for either team's current situation.

The truth is, Good GMs still prevail in the new system. Detroit has one more year to go in tying Montreal's record for most consecutive 100+ pts season and Ottawa/Buffalo are still tearing up the league.

Bettman ruined that Canes? :lol:

I'm sure JR would have traded his butt for a shin guard or laces or something...long ago.

Btw, I am curious though, firing Bettman is going to change what exactly? Make it easier for nitwits to understand a few rule changes after two years? Mysteriously put new people in front of the TV or have TV stations pouring millions into the NHL? :roll:

Seems more like some "kids" decided to take the "Vote for Cory" ad signs off of the bandwagon and are looking for another reason to send it back out on the road.

I don't care for Bettman, but the parity is good. Really who wants to watch the same team win year after year. Maybe if its your team, but if the same team wins, you won't really get any new fans. Atleast if different teams compete year after year your gonna get new fans. And that can only be good for the league.

I like the new rules and I like how any team has the chance of winning the cup.

yeah parity sucks......nothing better than seeing a team spend way more than other teams and watching the same team win the cup year after year after year. Isn't that what the yankees do and I'm sick of those guys.

But it really is fun watching a team spend way more than any other team and consistently suck...unless you're a Rangers fan... :cry:

Our not making the playoffs isn't about Bettman, it is about players taking a few too many nights off this season. This teams woes are due to a lack of intensity not talent.

Bettman has turned things around financially and even without a realistic TV contract is getting the owners plenty of money. He isn't going anywhere

i totally agree.

having the same people win is boring.