The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
old-time-hockey-2

They Should Be Ashamed

Something needs to happen. JR needs to make some moves and get some guys that are ready to play in here. The Canes effort, or lack thereof, during crunch time is downright embarrassing.

Season is over...they don't want it...period!!! Worst hockey we've played all year when we needed a W...I agree...CLEAN HOUSE!!! Staal, Brindy and others haven't earned their $$$ this year! A real shame!

Never in the history of the NHL have the neither of the two teams that played in the finals not made the playoffs the next year. I guess we made history over the past few nights.

outscored 11-2 in two crucial games

pitiful

We're into the second season of the 'New NHL'.

How do we know it's never happened? There's no real history to draw on.

There was never as much parity in the NHL as there is now. It probably is not going to be unusual from here on out for Finalists to miss the next postseason.

The Stanley Cup champions getting pounded by the bottom feeders is more than an embarassment. I don't even want to wear my hat in public.

The hurricane has downgraded to a mild breeze.

not to blame these losses on anyone, b/c it was a definitely a team effort ( or lack of team effort) to lose these games, but Williams looks terrible. He turns the puck over everytime he touches it, or at least thats what it seems like. At least he picks the opprotune moment to go into his slump... Oh well, can't make the playoffs every year (although this season is definitely not over). I am also interested to see what good ole JR will do in the offseason. I love these guys, but something must be done.

Just stick a fork in us, we are done. I only hope now would be to win our conference but if we can't beat the worst team in the NHL what can

we expect againt Tampa and Atlanta??????

JR needs to look long and hard on what players to keep and clean house

on the rest. Its obvious what we have now isn't getting the job done.

Anybody want tickets to the last 2 games of the season? I'm upset that I spent my hard earned money on them. I think the players have decided that they want a long offseason. This can't be the same team that won the Stanley Cup last season. You want to know what JR will do in the offseason? Probably something equally as stupid as trading Belanger for Vasicek.

Hope everyone is rushing to get their Playoff Ticket deposits back. It has been fun ( On most nights and not usually at home) watching the Canes this season. Too bad they teased us all season hangin in the 8th spot then just gave it away. Oh well!!

Let's just hope our off-season is more productive then the Panthers!!!

I hope we see a completely different team next year. I hope JR cleans house during the offseason.

We will. No way they'll be able to afford a $46 million roster of lazy bums. First to go in my opinion will be Seidenberg and Letowski - two trades that turned out to be furballs for JR. And what in tarnation does he see in Vasicek to bring him back after he contributed almost nothing last season. Some fans might disagree, but although Cam Ward had a fantastic season last year, he is having his sophomore blues. The Canes don't have a championship goalie this season. Also, I think Stillman, having his name on the cup twice in two years is tired and not willing to make the effort required. He's expensive dead weight now. Craig Adams? Aside from penalty killing, what's his contribution besides taking stupid penalties? Bring back Kevin Adams and put the A back on his sweater, He had more energy than the entire third line showed this season.

I don't know if I have them right, but I will guess there will be at least a half-dozen guys gone from this years debacle.

Please refrain from talking too much about hockey or how the team is not playing their best. It is vital at all times to pretend we are going to make the playoffs and then have tea and crumpets with all the players. Otherwise, the Happiness and Lollipop patrol, as well as Section300, will lock this thread.

Seriously? JR needs to look at the coaching. We have plenty of good players on this team and they're just not performing. There are at least 5 players that have 20+ goals--the only other team besides Buffalo. Lavi is not getting through to them. That's not to say he's bad, but sometimes players stop responding to an otherwise good coach.

If this continues, we need to find another coach by November 2007.

You know who else should be ashamed? Our fans & more specifically those people who keep saying we're out of the playoffs. There are 5 games left guys, can you please get that in your heads? And we're known to be inconsistant... we may play the worst game of hockey 2 nights in a row(one against the worst team in the nhl) and come back and absolutely kill teams like atlanta and tampa in the next two nights. So please can we get some positivity out here?

You know who else should be ashamed? Our fans & more specifically those people who keep saying we're out of the playoffs. There are 5 games left guys, can you please get that in your heads? And we're known to be inconsistant... we may play the worst game of hockey 2 nights in a row(one against the worst team in the nhl) and come back and absolutely kill teams like atlanta and tampa in the next two nights. So please can we get some positivity out here?

I'm not ashamed of this post. If you can find something about this team from this season to be positive about, be my guest. I call them like I see them and what I have seen most of the season is a half or no hearted effort.

I'm disappointed with tonight's game. However, we have 5 games left and I know the Canes can do it.

They are the Stanley Cup Champs and they have the strength, talent, and willpower to do it.

I will always root for my team no matter what lack of effort they put forth in some games.

GO CANES!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

We've still got 2 games left with Tampa. Unfortunately, that only does us any good if we win both of them, as well as the game against Atlanta. Heck, I think we've pretty much gotta win out to get in, or go no worse than 4-1, with the loss coming in one of the Florida games. And with this team's mercurial nature, there's no way that happens. Stick a fork in us. Time to start reconciling with the fact that we'll be just the 2nd defending champion in the last 30 years to miss the playoffs.

What disappoints me most is that not only are we getting beat with so much on the line, but we haven't even been competing at all...6-1 last night and now 5-1 tonight. It is embarassing.

Come on Canes and finish strong!

Please refrain from talking too much about hockey or how the team is not playing their best. It is vital at all times to pretend we are going to make the playoffs and then have tea and crumpets with all the players. Otherwise, the Happiness and Lollipop patrol, as well as Section300, will lock this thread.

I highly suggest you check my posts in tonight's gameday thread. And, um, btw, I wasn't the one that locked the thread about lollipops & all that jazz. You might wanna check your facts before you point fingers.