The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Obi-Wan

When will people admit it?

Absolutely, I've thought a lot of his play all season. Could he really be any worse than Tanabe? I know many of you guys love Tanabe to the end, but I just can't find many good things to say about his play. I know he is 1 guy that needs to be gone at the end of the season.

I'm OK with physical, BUT ....

I want goals; Pucks in the damn net.

The canes are just passing the thing around.

The objective is put to in the net.

It's not happening.

It's time to bring in Babchuk. Plain and simple, our defense sucks right now. Adding him can't make us worse, he can only make us better.

It's all about next year...Devils redux. Seindenberg should be guaranteed 20 minutes and up in 07-08. Babs will be chumping at the bit..

Sit Tanabe, play Babchuk.

My .02

The two would be a good match up...but Tanabe would still be the mentor. Babchuk is a great diamond in the rough...needs to spend more time beefing up in the weight room.

Notice I didn't say get rid of Tanabe. I'd just like to see Babchuk get a little ice time before the end of the season. Like it or not, Tanabe has been pretty good for us this year - barring his "assist" tonight. :x With Wesley probably retiring and Hedican rumored to possibly retire, we're going to need some veteran blue liners.

I don't think its time to bring up Babs at all. And scratching Dberg is NOT the answer especially after the lightning game. If we want solid defense the only way is to sacrifice one of our offensivemen and the only one I see us scratching is ofcourse Letowski. Then again this strategy didn't quite work for us with the flyers.

I don't think its time to bring up Babs at all. And scratching Dberg is NOT the answer especially after the lightning game. If we want solid defense the only way is to sacrifice one of our offensivemen and the only one I see us scratching is ofcourse Letowski. Then again this strategy didn't quite work for us with the flyers.

Agree totally.

Seidenberg was awesome tonight. He filled in very well in the absence of Wesley. This is a guy we definitely want to keep for many years to come who has a lot of defensive talent, and I personally think in the future with some work can add an offensive side to his game. Great passing and a nice shot will go a long way in helping the team, especially with some more experience. He showed a little of that tonight, even if it didn't add up to much in the end.

Not that I wouldn't mind seeing Babchuk suit up, but tonight was a prime example of why I've been wanting to see the Iceberg play. We needed his D over the possible offense that Babchuk could bring.

I saw the lack of offense resting again on the forwards tonight, not the D. Too many turnovers, a pathetic PP, and slowly the "overplaying" started to happen again instead of taking the shot. The D really stepped up in helping the offense out again, even if it didn't result in goals.

I would definitely like to see Babchuk get on the ice. With Tanabe returning to old form in last night's game, we need to do something to get our defense to mesh, even if it is only in prep. for next year.

Babchuck has an attitude problem

Thats true, but I can understand where he is coming from. He isn't having the best season, he was sent down to the minors when he probably thought he had the talent to play in the NHL, and he doesn't speak very good English. Call him up, he can't do any worse than what is going on right now.

I too would like to see Babs play but in place of Frank. I have not seen anything out of Frank that would show me that he desrves to be playing. He is not phyiscal, he has not been skating well, he has been turning over the puck, he will not give up the body to block a shot, and he has not been scoring which is why we signed him for his offensive abilities.

Berg has been playing good hockey since he has been back in the line up. Lets not forget the guy only played a handful of games before being a healhy scratch for the last few months. He has brought some speed and freshness to a squad that has been stale. He is hungry and wants to prove something and that is what we need. Maybe Babs can bring that.

Frank has had his injuries but he has had time to recover from them and has not. If he is still suffering then he should be on the bench and let someone else play while he gets healthy. I guess it is almost to late now.

Still time boys. Lets go Canes.

It's time to bring in Babchuk. Plain and simple, our defense sucks right now. Adding him can't make us worse, he can only make us better.

I concur.

There's nothing to lose. Go with 7 dmen and put Babs in.

I would definitely like to see Babchuk get on the ice. With Tanabe returning to old form in last night's game, we need to do something to get our defense to mesh, even if it is only in prep. for next year.

Tanabe played a good game. Just because of a bad bounce at the end caused a goal doesn't mean he had a bad game or returned to his previous form. When Wallin shot the puck into our own net last year, people did't say he had a bad game. He played very well. Players can't be responsible for bad luck.

Tanabe played a good game. Just because of a bad bounce at the end caused a goal doesn't mean he had a bad game or returned to his previous form. When Wallin shot the puck into our own net last year, people did't say he had a bad game. He played very well. Players can't be responsible for bad luck.

Also got his...butt...handed to him in a fight, which could have changed the attitudes on the benches. I like to see Tanabe be physical, but he needs to know his limits.

Also got his...butt...handed to him in a fight, which could have changed the attitudes on the benches. I like to see Tanabe be physical, but he needs to know his limits.

Hmm well I think the fact that Tanabe fought, once again, to defend a team mate says a lot about him and counts for more than if he won. Kaberle was nearly knocked out and Tanabe stuck up for him. Notice how there was no boarding call either? So what if he lost? At least he was fighting for the right reasons.

Tanabe had an off night but that doesn't mean he has returned to old form. Let's not be so quick to condemn him. It definitely didn't help he got beat in the fight and inadvertently caused the game winning goal for TB, but this is one game out of many. I used to not have respect for him and called him Avi Tanabe (no D). He has made a lot of progress. I feel better about him and feel that he is going to continue to grow into the position.