The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Obi-Wan

When will people admit it?

Hmm well I think the fact that Tanabe fought, once again, to defend a team mate says a lot about him and counts for more than if he won.

Well, Tanabe didn't fight to defend a teammate. The Tampa player threw his gloves and faced off with David, who waited a second, decided he couldn't avoid it, then threw his gloves too. It was a far cry from skating in to defend anyone, which is what Gleason did. For some reason, they didn't want to fight Tim.

And also, Tanabe didn't fight. He never threw a punch. It was embarassing.. and he seems pretty happy with it, since he didn't start anything later to even it out. The description of his behavior from section 314 was decidedly un-family-friendly.

I wasn't aware that Tanabe fought last night. I did see a guy with a red sweater #45 hugging another guy. I just assumed it was man love?

Tim Gleason is going to be a man. I've seen enough from that youngster to know he is a diamond in the rough.

IMO, we gotta get some blueline help if we are going to let Cam develop. If we dont do that we better be a 3 goal a night team.

I've asked this in another thread, I'll ask it again:

Chad did a very commendable (not perfect) job at Center vs the Devils.

Why have we not gone back to that?

Rod hurt, Eric Staal, and Joe V are hardly speed merchants. With our very fast wings we need at least 1 more fast center imo.

This team will have a chip on its shoulder next year, and thats not such a bad thing for next year imo.

Well, Tanabe didn't fight to defend a teammate. The Tampa player threw his gloves and faced off with David, who waited a second, decided he couldn't avoid it, then threw his gloves too. It was a far cry from skating in to defend anyone, which is what Gleason did. For some reason, they didn't want to fight Tim.

Are you kidding? A Tampa player (Vinny or St. Louis) smashed Kaberle into the boards, which left him down on the ice for a while. Tanabe immediately skated right at the player, but was intercepted by a Tampa enforcer.

Obviously, not Tanabe's intended target, which was evident by his fight. As Tripp and John said, it was a mismatch.

I wasn't aware that Tanabe fought last night. I did see a guy with a red sweater #45 hugging another guy. I just assumed it was man love?

HAHA, that was a great description of what Tanabe did last night.