The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Obi-Wan

This is what it's down to. (Updated 4/2/07)

8th would be fine with me as well. Would be nice if NY and MTL choke the ret of the way through. But if BUF and PIT couldn't win tonight, who's to say who'll win.

The results from the out of town scores tonight basically ended any chances the Canes had to make the playoffs. Although mathematically not out of the race, they are done.

i dont know, things are lookin pretty dim for us, i say that the only possible way we will get into the playoffs is if another team cant win their final game and we get in by only 1 point, if so i say it'll be a hard matchup against the slugs, oh well, best of luck to us!

The Canes are really in a tough spot right now. With the lost to Tampa Bay Friday night, the Canes really are going to have to win all the games and have alot of help to make it.

This Florida game is the season ...

Sounds as if you've been listening to Anaheim Ducks coach Randy Carlyle, king_caniac, who tells his players before each game that "this game is the most important one of the season."

Nevertheless, I'll be cheering for the Canes this afternoon while Mr. G and I complete our pre-opening errands in Yorba Linda. Grab this one today, guys! 8)

Jan/GSBG

The Rangers, Isles, Leafs, and Habs play each other in one combination or another for a combined 10 points (plus OT points if necessary). In those games, assume Montreal and the Islanders split the two games they are involved in. Either the Rangers or Leafs will go 2-1, the other 1-2.

The Rangers are going to have at least 91 points if they go 1-2 in the games mentioned above, unless they lose out entirely, in which those other two points are going to either Toronto, Montreal, or the Islanders. Montreal SHOULD go 2-1, putting them at 92. Toronto could go 3-1 in their last four, putting them at 93. Pencil in Tampa to win one of their other two games, and they're at 92.

Long story short, the Hurricanes need to win out and get help. A loss in any of the next four and we're toast minus a complete meltdown [read: 0-fer] by TWO of the teams ahead of us. But all the games between the rest of the pack is a double edged sword for us. And the irony here is that with all of OUR overtime woes this year, OT in any games played by our playoff competition may be the final kiss of death for us.

After Friday I realized that this team is just not good enough.

End of discussion. I overrated them as well.

No more complaining.

I hope they get lucky and come back today and win 4 in a row.

I would not put one dime on that happening.

Chalk it up to a bad year. Hopefully next year is better.

Go Canes and with them most likely out now

GO Penguins and out West Go Sharks :!: (I like Joe Thornton there)

The Ducks can only beat Team Iceland. And that's only because their shooter is fancy and goes gloveside.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, really, Ice? Ya wanna make something of it??

(Just kidding, my friend across the miles. But it would be nice if you didn't rag on Teemu, one of my fave NHL players.)

Jan/GSBG

I hope they get lucky and come back today and win 4 in a row.

They came back today after being down 3-1, and luck had nothing to do with it.

Luck in a sense that before yesterday they have played like crap. 14 of their last 20 games have them scoring 2 goals or less.

They were putrid at Toronto and the loss to Philly was inexcusable and blowing a lead against Tamp on Friday was not good in basically giving up controllling their own destiny after that loss.

Lets not get too excited just yet. If they beat Tampa and get some help then maybe we can hope for the best.

Lets not fool ourselves. I love this team but they are still WAY too inconsistent to expect anything out of and if they get in I will be happy and admitted I was wrong. :-)

... out West Go Sharks :!: (I like Joe Thornton there)

No love for my local Ducks, medford? For shame! :shock:

(Just kidding.)

Jan/GSBG

haha its nice to see you Jan and IF the Ducks play anyone but San Jose, I will root for them. :-)

My preseason pics for the Cup were Ducks vs Sabres and I still think I am going to be correct.

My Cup of the teams that can realistically get there are the Penguins vs the Sharks because I like a lot of both teams players.

Only corrections are, like rpope said, Tampa cannot get a full 2 points, only 1, and Montreal cannot get 4 points, only 3. They both have tiebreakers on us by having more wins.

tampa can only get 1 more pt tho. if they get 2 best we can do is tie and we wont have enough wins to catch them in a tiebreaker

You're right about MTL, but not about TB. If we win in regulation against them, we are 4-3-1 against them vs. their 4-4-0 against us, thus giving us the edge in the season series, and therefore the tiebreaker.