The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Cam Ward fight in AHL

You sure you saw a clip of it because apparently there wasn't any video of that brawl. It was supposed to be a pretty good one too :cry:

Yep that's the one. Thanks for the link. Canesvision had part of the fight included in one of their videos that they showed last game. I just wanted to see it cause I heard about it, but never actually saw it.

Not that it has to do with the fight... but an interesting tidbit is that Leighton (the Norfolk goalie) and Gleason were teammates for 2 years when they played for the Windsor Spitfires in the OHL

hey commodores in there too, cuz he played for lowell while we shared it with calgary. he's #2!

Staal was probably in there somewhere too, though I didn't spot him. Unless he happened to not play in that game.

I was still living in Norfolk at the time of that fight and I had season tix to the Ads. The fight was an all-out bench-clearing/locker-room clearing brawl. It happened during the lockout season so Staal, Commodore, LaRose (I think) and Ward were all playing for Lowell. I have a picture of Staal and Babchuk holding on to one another because they didn't want to get into the fight.

It started with Lowell's players saying stuff to Yawney (Ad's coach) as the teams were leaving the ice for intermission. As the fight broke out, Ads players came flying out of the locker room to head back out on the ice because they heard there was a fight. I sat right by the entrance to the locker room and guys were flying out the door and onto the ice. As I recall, It was Leights and Cam who fought and I believe that Leights held the advantage. The whole thing was very surreal and at points scary. The Canes BC did bring 2 bus loads up to watch the games (they played 2 in a row) and I know many of them were appalled. My friend has pictures but the glass is so bad they are not very good.

I was still living in Norfolk at the time of that fight and I had season tix to the Ads. The fight was an all-out bench-clearing/locker-room clearing brawl. It happened during the lockout season so Staal, Commodore, LaRose (I think) and Ward were all playing for Lowell. I have a picture of Staal and Babchuk holding on to one another because they didn't want to get into the fight.

It started with Lowell's players saying stuff to Yawney (Ad's coach) as the teams were leaving the ice for intermission. As the fight broke out, Ads players came flying out of the locker room to head back out on the ice because they heard there was a fight. I sat right by the entrance to the locker room and guys were flying out the door and onto the ice. As I recall, It was Leights and Cam who fought and I believe that Leights held the advantage. The whole thing was very surreal and at points scary. The Canes BC did bring 2 bus loads up to watch the games (they played 2 in a row) and I know many of them were appalled. My friend has pictures but the glass is so bad they are not very good.

you are slightly incorrect, the hurricanes organization chartered 10 buses to take STH's to that game and we got to see the game plus the fight. the coaches were even going at it as well as the goalies. it was wild, i may have pics somewhere though they are not particularly clear.