The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

Anti-Meltdown Squad

Count me in, though I do find it dissapointing that a thread like this is in order. I'll be behind our guys no matter how their season ends. Some family members attempt to watch a game with me, but they end up leaving with a "Wow they are sucking this year" type of comment. I'm one of the few in my household who still holds out hope for our guys. The fight is not anywhere near from being over, and nobody's playoff spot is cemented...except maybe the top three seeds. We just have to wait and see, but I will be here all the way as a member of the Anti-Meltdown Squad!

the mrs.

Id like to see us make the playoffs, beyond that, Im fine. I dont think AT ALL the guys have let me down this year.

AND BEYOND ELSE, I STILL HAVE FAITH! I think I was one of the few who did (still have faith) in the game day thread for the last OTT loss.

:D

Based on our play for the past 64 or so games, I agree the season is over. I certainly don't want to finish in the eight spot and have to play the banana slugs. I don't want to give them the satisfication of beating us. And don't say it's a new season because we still have the same players and the same mistakes we have been making all season.

Based on our play for the past 64 or so games, I agree the season is over. I certainly don't want to finish in the eight spot and have to play the banana slugs. I don't want to give them the satisfication of beating us. And don't say it's a new season because we still have the same players and the same mistakes we have been making all season.
:?

We'll finish 8th on purpose just so we can get the Slugs in the first round. Lest ye forget, the Oilers last year...

here is the back of my shirt for friday.....if you can't read the top it says "Just have fun Canes!"

have%20funfinal.jpg

LMAO @ The Staal pillow fight!!! HAHAHA

I will cheer this team to make the playoffs. If they get mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I will cheer them to beat the snot out of every team remaining on their schedule. Once the season is over, I will cheer the front office to make good moves in the offseason. Then I will repeat the process next fall.

I don't think that's too much to ask of anybody.

That's awesome, AirForceCaniac. I feel semi-famous, considering thousands of people will see my creation tomorrow night. 8)

I think of this as a win-win/lose situation. If we make it to the playoffs, no matter where we land after making it, it's a win. If we don't make it to the playoffs, it's a losing situation, but it makes it that much faster I can send off and get back my LaRose jersey for stitching.

Not to mention not having to take out another mortgage for those ever-pricier playoff tickets.

The Canes will be in the Playoffs. Go ahead, flame me or doubt me.

Flame you? Either you'll be right, and will come back and tell us that you knew it all along.. or you'll be wrong, and no one will be in the mood to dredge up old postings of people who made bad guesses.

Safest bet on the planet, really.

The Cane's may make the playoffs becuase the other teams we are competing against for the 8th seed are all playing poorly. Getting the 8th seed so we can play Buffalo will not get it done. I predict a 4 and out result.

Go Canes

Let's make something perfectly clear. The players could care less what you post here because no player reads this chatroom

I don't remember anyone saying that this thread is to pump up the players. Its purpose is to show that there are still a ton of fans who think the Canes can make the playoffs.

There are always going to be negative nancies no matter where you go. And if you choose to look at the situation as the glass is half empty, then so be it, but DON'T RAIN ON OUR PARADE!

I think this thread is great and its such a morale booster. I wish that everyone that was going to the game tonight had a chance to read it so that they could get pumped up. I know its not the fans' responsibility to jazz the guys up so that they can get into the game and pull out a win, but at this point in time, it sure doesn't hurt anything. I won't be there tonight, but I sure as heck wish I was, so you guys be sure to yell for me too!

Yeah, I think this thread is more for us fans so we know there are lots of us who still believe our guys can do this. I was starting to think everyone was "giving up on the season", but I sure as heck am glad there are some who aren't!

Let's make something perfectly clear. The players could care less what you post here because no player reads this chatroom

Let's make something perfectly clear. This thread isn't for someone like you, so why did you bother posting in it?