The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

Hurricane Top Prospects

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9541

Alright, I admit it, I stole this from the hfboards. But I think it needs some discussion here, considering some of these names may appear on our starting roster soon :D

great find. Thank you. It is nice to keep us informed of the prospects.

For anyone here. Is the goalie Peters ready to play next year?

I hope so. We need someone to push Ward and try to get him to get back to his playoff level last year.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/bobby_hughes

"Hughes was 10th in the league and first on the Frontenacs in scoring with 40 goals and 56 assists in 59 games."

96 points in 59 games?! Thats great!! Bobby Hughes "Projection" is first line center and rated an 8 out of 10 "Hughes has compensated for his lack of height with phenomenal strength. Not content to be an offensively gifted player on the fringes, Hughes is a beast to knock off his feet and can hold his own against bigger, stronger defenders."

Well this websites "Projection" for him is 1st line center but by the time he plays for us we will still have Rod and Staal of course so thats three great centers!

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9541

Alright, I admit it, I stole this from the hfboards. But I think it needs some discussion here, considering some of these names may appear on our starting roster soon :D

great find. Thank you. It is nice to keep us informed of the prospects.

For anyone here. Is the goalie Peters ready to play next year?

I hope so. We need someone to push Ward and try to get him to get back to his playoff level last year.

Peters is not ready. At this point I'd rather have Johnny.

As far as Hughes. Sign him as our 3rd line center. Then he can move up to the first or second when Brindy retires.

Where is Eric Estrada? I liked him in camp.

Wasn't he on the TV show about the California Highway Patrol? Kind of old to be starting a second career.

I agree about Peters going backwards,his play has been suspect at best. For a guy comming to the ''A'' with being a high pick in the draft ,I think he is over rated so far.He has not even been playing for the RATS as they fight for the last playoff spot. I have seen Kowalski play in the ECHL over the last two seasons and I think even though he is smaller at 5'9'' his positioning and quickness and hockey sense is far ahead of Peters. I do think his time with the Canes last year and this year has helped him to develop into a consistant goalie. Wether the canes resign him for next year or he decides to go elsewhere is yet to be seen.I think he is ready to take the next step, but that is mt opinion.

It's nice to see the names we already know from the Rats roster but look further. Anyone remember Nicolas Blanchard from training camp last August. I was very impressed with the drive the kid showed. By the time he is ready for the NHL, the Canes might never see him, but he is definatley a name to remeber.

Avery... It's Kevin Estrada not Eric! You slay me... Will miss you at spring RYHA. See you in the fall.

It's nice to see the names we already know from the Rats roster but look further. Anyone remember Nicolas Blanchard from training camp last August. I was very impressed with the drive the kid showed. By the time he is ready for the NHL, the Canes might never see him, but he is definatley a name to remeber.

Avery... It's Kevin Estrada not Eric! You slay me... Will miss you at spring RYHA. See you in the fall.

http://www.carolinahurricanes.com/news/new...?articleid=1749

#3 center spot behind Rod Brind'Amour and Eric Staal will be his to battle for in the next couple of years.

Sorry, I ran my mouth without reading all the news last night. All the better for us! Albany will benefit having him for the rest of the year.