The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
bmb2jn

JR

So who do you blame for your team going from the Stanley Cup Finals to not even making the playoffs TWICE IN THE DECADE?

Who do you blame for the Sabres not making the Stanley Cup finals since 1999?

Hi guys. It sucks that you won't be in the playoffs this year. :( I was really looking forward to another series with you guys.

Anyhow I want to know what you think of your general manger JR? For the 2nd time this decade you miss the playoffs after making it to the Stanley Cup Finals. Is your GM any good? He can make championship calibur teams but lose them the next season. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Anyhow. Better luck next year.

good luck in the playoffs I think Buffalo has what it takes to win it all. :!:

I really for selfish reasons want to see Buffalo vs Pitt or Ottawa as I think those will be awesome series. with no Canes I need to enjoy some hockey.

Injuries, dispite the fact we got Stillman and Kaberle back both of them werent very good. Stillman was really bad this year, he only has what 5 goals?

Even though Staal has a good amount of points hes also been relatively disappointing. Just because Brindy wears the C doesnt mean Staal cant step his gameplay up and try to lead by example.

if anything though we gotta rebuild the bottom 3 D-men.... Kaberle will be fine with a summer of working out, Tanabe really proved alot of people wrong, Gleason was a great fighter.

Commodore I'm sorry but that guy will be a great d-man when he stops living out his dream of playing the wing every night. He gets caught to much for my liking... if you cant skate and recover dont pinch.

Babchuk has attitude issues.... he reminds me of Sean Hill cept Sean could hit the net.

Seidenberg I couldnt tell you we didnt see him enough to make a fair opinion on him.

hedican, again I cant remeber the last time he played lol

Wesley shoulda retired last year...... still pissed we signed him over Aaron Ward but I'll have to let that go someday.

So who do you blame for your team going from the Stanley Cup Finals to not even making the playoffs TWICE IN THE DECADE?

Who do you blame for the Sabres not making the Stanley Cup finals since 1999?

Hey. At least we've been consistent. We made the playoffs in 2000 & 2001. You guys are on a rollercoaster.

If we'll only miss playoffs twice in a 10-year period, I'm not THAT disappointed in those two misses. :wink: :lol:

i agree with that

were not always going to be the best, and its something that you are going to stand behind your team, no matter if we finish 1st or last

Hey. At least we've been consistent. We made the playoffs in 2000 & 2001. You guys are on a rollercoaster.

Would you trade that consistency for a Stanley Cup title? I bet you would. Just sayin'. )

Would you trade that consistency for a Stanley Cup title? I bet you would. Just sayin'. )

lol.

Just like when people say "would you trade 4 AFC titles for a Super Bowl."

GO SABRES

I agree c3po .. when JR didn't make any moves before the trade deadline, I think it sent a clear signal to the players and the fans that the team didn't have what it takes to make a run this year, and it wasn't worth throwing $$$ that way.

And, the team played that way down the stretch.

Yes, the cup run last year was a blast, a super achievement, and something I'll never forget being there to enjoy. I don't like this year's results. But last year was worth buying tickets since 1997 !

And I'll be back in my seats next year.

Hi guys. It sucks that you won't be in the playoffs this year. :( I was really looking forward to another series with you guys.

Anyhow I want to know what you think of your general manger JR? For the 2nd time this decade you miss the playoffs after making it to the Stanley Cup Finals. Is your GM any good? He can make championship calibur teams but lose them the next season. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Anyhow. Better luck next year.

good luck in the playoffs I think Buffalo has what it takes to win it all. :!:

I really for selfish reasons want to see Buffalo vs Pitt or Ottawa as I think those will be awesome series. with no Canes I need to enjoy some hockey.

Thanks. I hope it's Buffalo's year.

I can't believe it's already playoff time. I can't wait.

I think it sent a clear signal to the players and the fans that the team didn't have what it takes to make a run this year, and it wasn't worth throwing $$$ that way

.. unless he was sending a clear signal to the team that we have what we need in that locker room to be able to repeat, & that they need to step it up & take charge of their own destinies. I believe that they have the right players in that room even now, but they pissed away alot of time & games earlier this season. It's unfortunate, but it obviously happens.

I think it sent a clear signal to the players and the fans that the team didn't have what it takes to make a run this year, and it wasn't worth throwing $$$ that way

.. unless he was sending a clear signal to the team that we have what we need in that locker room to be able to repeat, & that they need to step it up & take charge of their own destinies. I believe that they have the right players in that room even now, but they pissed away alot of time & games earlier this season. It's unfortunate, but it obviously happens.

Agreed. The right players were in the room...unfortunately they didn't get it done this year. Missing the playoffs isn't on JR. Last time I checked he hasn't been on the ice for an NHL game since 1982.

Wesley shoulda retired last year...... still pissed we signed him over Aaron Ward but I'll have to let that go someday.

I thought Ward wouldn't accept our contract? Signing wesley prevented Ward?

We put the money that coulda lured Ward into Wesley is the way I see it.

Let's see here, I could give tons of reasons why it would be an understatement to say it was a bad year for JR b/c it was worse than that. Let me just sum it up by saying this... Trading Eric Belanger for Josef Vasicek.. You've got to be kidding me. Trading anything more than a dirty sock for Josef Vasicek is a poor trade.

The Belanger/Vasichek is simply summed up like this.

Belanger didn't want to be here. Vasichek did.

We needed a physical presence, and while it took a while, JoVa has become that presence.

I still wish he would have made some sort of trade at the deadline though.

It looks like every team that beefed up is in the playoffs. Ohh well.

I'm glad we didn't trade away a lot of our future for a second year in a row for a rental player. Who out there could we have gotten that would have put us in the playoffs? As was said around here when the deadline approached, one player isn't going to fill the holes we've got.

We put the money that coulda lured Ward into Wesley is the way I see it.

yeahh...Ward wanted so much money, and we re-signed Wesley, and didnt have the money ward wanted, so he went to the rangers for more money

[prob. the biggest mistake he has made!]

i also think what happened is these guys figured they would somehow pull one out of there butts then before they knew it the season was gone. nothing is a given, you have to work for it from opening night on.