The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Required_Fields

Did anyone cry over last night's game?

I cried and I'm not ashamed to admit it. The look on Commodore's face just got to me and of course the rest didn't look too happy but they really focused in on him there for a few seconds. I hated it and felt bad for the team at the same time. All I could do was bury my head in my pillows and beat the bed with my fist. Plus, those that know me know that if you see me cry I'm really angry.

Why do people respond to these threads? Think people...

Don't know...why did you?

Personally, I didn't cry. I was too numb for that. Holding out hope for a miraculous resurgence over the last few weeks, even in the face of untimely losses while our counterparts in the race were winning, has beena bit draining. I'm just looking forward to a couple of good no holds barred hockey games to finish out the season and hopefully send us off into the post season with a better taste in our mouths.

No, I just broke my remote by slamming it in the coffee table and saying a few choice words.

Good thing I had mine in my hand as I was pounding the mattress. Hate to know how it would have turned out if I was near something hard. I have been known to throw things when I'm mad. :mrgreen:

To paraphrase Agent Smith: The final buzzer was simply "the sound of inevitability". I rolled my eyes and exhaled and flipped to The Mind of Mencia. It ain't over yet, I'll be there Saturday. I've gotten past the denial stage, and the anger stage and the sadness stage and have come to acceptance. Wait till next year!!! Go Canes!!!!

To paraphrase Agent Smith: The final buzzer was simply "the sound of inevitability". I rolled my eyes and exhaled and flipped to The Mind of Mencia. It ain't over yet, I'll be there Saturday. I've gotten past the denial stage, and the anger stage and the sadness stage and have come to acceptance. Wait till next year!!! Go Canes!!!!

I'm with you. I can't wait for next year. Everyone has a lot to learn from this year and I have confidence in the Canes organization and the players that return to put thing right.

Go Canes!

Watched the game at the Cool Bar in Cary. Very quiet at the end. Just Ron saying thank you to everyone. Listened to the end of Chuck in the car on the way home. The first song played after Chuck signed off was "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow." So sad and so appropriate! Can't wait to clap for the guys on Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to September!

I'm guilty. I cried. It wasn't so much a cry, as it was a sorrowful weep...kidding. I wasn't bawling or anything, but I was so disappointed. This season has been so special to me and I was missing not only the team, but the game of hockey itself. After such a stellar year last season, it was crushing when we fell short. The guys seemed in good spirits at practice, though.

No, I just through the controller across the room (shattering it to peices in the process) and ran to the swing set in the back yard and ripped one of the swings clean off it's hinges. :evil:

Just Kidding

I was EXTREMELY mad though. I really just turned the chair over and stomped out of the room.

No, I didn't cry. The last time I cried was when The Hurricanes moved from Hartford, CT....can't wait for Saturday's game, my first Carolina game.....Can't wait to wear my hartford whalers jersey, while my wife wear's the canes'..i been to over 50 hartford whalers games, but saturday will be a day to remember, as i will be moving to hawaii and will prolly never catch a hurricane game again. Oh yeah, are the tailgating stuff free? i mean does anyone walk up and get some free food and bear, or is it a club type thing where only fellow tailgators share their food? lol

No, I didnt cry.....

Im sort of a pessimist. I set myself up for the worst that way my expectations are already low. If we had won though I would have been THROUGH THE ROOF!

:D

I definitely cried myself to sleep that night-while hugging my Commodore jersey. I felt like crap, which must be nothing compared to how the players are feeling. I wanted to give each of them a hug!

I was at a friend's hockey game when I found out and I just sat there with my head in my hands and I was like "What a (word I can't put here) night for hockey." I am sure had I watched the game I would have been a bit more emotional when I saw the guys reaction to the loss.

I might have been more emotional if it had been a final game.. fought their way back to game #82 with a chance to get in if they won, etc.

However, there was so much in the hands of other teams that I was mostly prepared for the result. The fact that it was come-from-ahead loss just sorta summed up the season.