The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IrishIce

End of Regular Season games_Board Gathering

You know, I should keep my cup this time around. I've got cups from the Dean Dome, Bank of America Stadium, Greensboro Coliseum, the Crown Coliseum (obviously), and the Wachovia Center (not for a Flyers game, but for a Hornets-Sixers playoff game back in 2003). Exactly one week to go... the waiting is killing me! My poor ticket is sitting here all sad, waiting to be used. :(

Ok. I am almost blind from reading all 15 pages trying to figure out where to go, how to get there. Would love to say hi, am coming a loooooong way for the game. I am a board newbie, the Apr 7 game will be my first, and have never been to Raleigh. Any suggestions? Sitting in 103Y 3-6....help!

How are you finding your way here, Fire? Maybe a goggle or mapquest search will help you to get to the actual arena part? Someone posted the link to a good map of the arena/stadium area a few pages back, & I could figure it out (& I'm seriously directionally challenged, trust me!!) :lol:

Shouldn't have any issues getting to RBC Center and would love to check out the tailgate before. I have checked out the map of the parking areas and have the general area figured out. But really don't know the area so will have to head to the game early, see if we can find the party, and hope for the best. Will be with three others and could bring refreshments that we could pick up en route...

Ok, on the way home from a 4-day weekend of dog showing, I stopped in Cary at Sam's and loaded up with nearly $100 of different kinds of brats and cold cuts and different cheeses. Will pick up buns for both at the end of the week. The cold cuts /cheese are for Friday night, the brats for Saturday. I'll pre-cook them so all they'll require is warming on the grills.

Remember, guys to bring snacks, drinks, condiments, cups, utencils, chairs, and any other food anyone wants to bring. I'm sure it will be eaten, and the more variety, the better.

If you have time, make your posterboard signs.

Don't forget to bring EITHER used hockey equipment or a $5 donation for MeanGene's street hockey program.

Will anyone be staying on the lot who does not have tickets to listen to the game or watch it on a portable tv? please post that here. If no one is going to stay, then we'll pack up everything before we head to the Castle.

Alright, again, would it be in bad taste to show up to the Florida game wearing snorkling gear or diving caps? :lol:

It'd really piss off the Florida players, but the fans would probably just see it as an admission of guilt. :roll:

Down to five days! You guys probably think I'm dumb because I keep counting it down, but remember, I get to go to these far less than you guys do. This is big stuff for me. :)

Down to five days! You guys probably think I'm dumb because I keep counting it down, but remember, I get to go to these far less than you guys do. This is big stuff for me. :)

i get to go to all of them but still treat each and every one like you do!! I live for hockey!!

Well I won't be attending the game since all the tickets are gone (from what my friend said) so I'll try hard to get to the tailgate. I'm gonna try to bring some chips and coke so I can contribute at least a little since I'm poor. I hope to see y'all there.

and this is for the 7th. I'll be on my way home during the 6th game.

Wife and I can hardly wait. We want to make a sign for the game so people can catch us on TV better. Any suggestions? (besides Lets Go Canes)

Maybe come up w/ a saying for the letters in "FSN", since that's the network carrying the game?? Maybe something w/ "Relentless" &/or "Whatever It takes" fom last season?

Maybe come up w/ a saying for the letters in "FSN", since that's the network carrying the game?? Maybe something w/ "Relentless" &/or "Whatever It takles" fom last season?

How about:

Dear Panthers:

Flop,

Score,

Next....

WHile out with the dogs, thought about something with Belfour and diving, or something like "Floridian Caniacs" or something. But I thought the Flop,Score, Next was pretty funny.

You have my ok on the FSN....

Not sure if I'll be there Fri. as I have 2 tkts for sale over in the Swap Meet link. The details and a pic are at the link.

Probably be there Sat.