The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IrishIce

End of Regular Season games_Board Gathering

Awesome maybe I can jump in with you guys at the game, I just moved to DC and work like 2 blocks from the Verizon Center and was planning on going to the next game that the 'Canes come to town. PM me or something if you want to try and work something out.

I'm sure I'll see you there for the game. I usually ditch my SUV in in Virginia and next the Metro till I get the Verizon Center since the traffic is a mess there.

Haha! We should all meet up and try to get our tickets together! A mini sea of Red! :)

I've got tickets for the 7th already as part of my plan, but if things work out I could do both games I guess.

On a related topic, they'll be publishing the schedule for Hurricanes U in August. Anybody up for that? Or am I the only one who hasn't attended?

i up for the hurricanes u

Awesome maybe I can jump in with you guys at the game, I just moved to DC and work like 2 blocks from the Verizon Center and was planning on going to the next game that the 'Canes come to town. PM me or something if you want to try and work something out.

I'm sure I'll see you there for the game. I usually ditch my SUV in in Virginia and next the Metro till I get the Verizon Center since the traffic is a mess there.

Haha! We should all meet up and try to get our tickets together! A mini sea of Red! :)

Lets do it

Lets do it

Works for me. Just pick the time and place of the arena.

Lets do it

Works for me. Just pick the time and place of the arena.

Give me some notice and I'll be there too.

I have an idea. I've just been sifting through threads & saw Mean Gene's thread about his Heads Up 4 Hockey idea. Why don't we all bring either $5 each or some kind of equipment to donate to Mike's cause? He'll already be at the games, so we can have it altogether & he can possibly put it in his car trunk or whatever he has available for storage. Alot of us want to be at either or both of these games & tailgate possibly for both, right? We can use it not only as a big board get-together, but also to gather together donations for the cause, too, & make it productive, whether it's $$, a hockey stick, jerseys, helmets, goalie masks, etc., whatever anyone has that they'd like to offer to the children...

Any thoughts or suggestions, people?

Can a newbie board member attend and bring some other friends from the base? I will make it a point to get the tickets. Last year I couldn't walk after partyin' and dancing outside RBC center after the Canes beat Buffalo. I wonder if there's any of that to expect this year? I'M HOPING!

I have an idea. I've just been sifting through threads & saw Mean Gene's thread about his Heads Up 4 Hockey idea. Why don't we all bring either $5 each or some kind of equipment to donate to Mike's cause? He'll already be at the games, so we can have it altogether & he can possibly put it in his car trunk or whatever he has available for storage. Alot of us want to be at either or both of these games & tailgate possibly for both, right? We can use it not only as a big board get-together, but also to gather together doantions for the cause, too, & make it productive, whether it's $$, a hockey stick, jerseys, helmets, goalie masks, etc., whatever anyone has that they'd like to offer to the children...

Excellent idea! I love it! Count me in! :D

I have an idea. I've just been sifting through threads & saw Mean Gene's thread about his Heads Up 4 Hockey idea. Why don't we all bring either $5 each or some kind of equipment to donate to Mike's cause? He'll already be at the games, so we can have it altogether & he can possibly put it in his car trunk or whatever he has available for storage. Alot of us want to be at either or both of these games & tailgate possibly for both, right? We can use it not only as a big board get-together, but also to gather together doantions for the cause, too, & make it productive, whether it's $$, a hockey stick, jerseys, helmets, goalie masks, etc., whatever anyone has that they'd like to offer to the children...

I'm game.

Can a newbie board member attend and bring some other friends from the base? I will make it a point to get the tickets. Last year I couldn't walk after partyin' and dancing outside RBC center after the Canes beat Buffalo. I wonder if there's any of that to expect this year? I'M HOPING!

Only if you promise that I can stowaway back to the base with you guys when the game is over ... LOL :D Okay everyone get your minds out of the gutter ... Geesh!!!! :) I'm not having any fun as a retired military brat! I want back in the establishment, man!

:D Looks like we're shaping up for a blow-out, Canes' Style!

How about we do a big meet-and-greet on Friday night (and perhaps some rescues of those of us who have to come in from the hinterlands and may need locating if we're parked out in Mudville with Casey and his bat because of the rush hour traffic....).... and have the knock-down, drag-out, Let Our Inner Caniac Out, pre-flight Executive Lounge 300 Section Specialty Beach Blow Out for oh, many hours(!) on Saturday ?

The parking lot opens 3 hrs before the game - we can decide how many acres we are taking over and Be There Or Be Square at the appointed hour to set up whatever we volunteer or designate for the pah-TAAY!

In the meantime, no one must offend the Hockey Gods OR the Mother Nature upon pain of group punishment!

Start snapping up them game tickets, Caniacs! In between periods on Friday night, we'll cruise the concourses and the Eyes (last minute wardrobe and decoration purchases)and work ourselves up into a Caniac froth. By Saturday, the mojo should have surrounded the FL boys wherever they are put up and they'll be quaking in their skate boots.

Oooh! Signs! during Tailgate Regular Season 2006-07, we can make signs for saturday night's game! :twisted: hee hee (and for the 5 billion Brindybunnies among us, now seriously, not ALL of us can go in there with MARRY ME, ROD) signs. There'll have to be a lottery drawing. Of course, you know it's going to be one of the TogaTeam guys who will win, so prepare yourselves now for that inevitability. :shock:

Ok, I will be needing a plane ticket, a place to stay, two tickets to the games. I will bring some dogs, and slaw for the tailgatin'....fair trade...any takers?

See you at the game!

plane_ticket.jpg

tent.jpg

tickets-1.jpg

LMAO.......good one

Yippeeee! Just got my tickets for end-of-season, back-to-back home stand games! Thank you, Cousin Kevin and Outdoor Rec at the base. He got me pretty great seats and is now deciding about getting a pair for himself and the wife and coming along for our saturday tailgate bash before the game.

He noted that 'outdoor rec' said their tickets were going out the door and they could not get any more, or their requests were unable to be met, at least right now.

He got me aisle seats both nights (the hockey gods love me!), and friday night against ATL I'm in 109, row Y; saturday I'm in 113, row V V.

We've got a couple other AF folks on the board, like AFCaniac... heads up, man, get your tickets, and esp. if you are coming with several friends.

Since I am currently afflicted with a monster head & chest cold that has my chronic bronchitis in emergency mode, this was welcome news! A reason to live, as it were! I must keep sucking whatever air I can get... must live until April.... :!: sigh. (cough, gasp, choke, wheeze, hack)

Since I am currently afflicted with a monster head & chest cold that has my chronic bronchitis in emergency mode, this was welcome news! A reason to live, as it were! I must keep sucking whatever air I can get... must live until April.... :!: sigh. (cough, gasp, choke, wheeze, hack)

Feel better. I also have the same thing. Just wish I could sleep for a week, and get rid of it!

Bumping to see if everyone is still up for this, as it's only a little over a month away now, folks.

I am!!! I still have to get tickets, hopefully there are some left!

I am actually very very excited for this.

So are we all just going to brings stuff to share?