The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IrishIce

End of Regular Season games_Board Gathering

Alright, I haven't read through this thread, but here's some ideas that came to me while spacing out in my PoliSci class. The first has to do with the 2002 playoff run. The Canes barely squeaked into 8th place, and were eliminated in the first round. Yet, when it all was over, they received a standing ovation from the crowd.

1. No matter the outcome of the last two games (Atlanta and then Florida), we give them a standing ovation at the end. It doesn't matter if they lost, if the loss knocked them out of the playoffs, whatever. Give them credit for a hard fought year of hockey. I would hope we could at least do that.

The second is a little more ideological :wink:

2. Posters stating "Thank You Canes" on it appearing at every intermission for those final two games. Stick them up high and hope to get on camera, or just hold them up to the glass during the pregame skate. Last year, the Canes had "Thank You Fans" on the ice during their Cup run and when they achieved their goal. They stated we were the "7th man". Well, now it's our time to give thanks to the other 6 men on the ice.

I figure we could all bring our own posters, or if one board member felt particularly nice, one person could make a ton of them and just hand them out to the others when we meet before the game.

If somebody can afford tickets for me to fly from Regina, Saskatchewan all the way down to Raleigh, I'll be there.. but other then that... I guess the 6000 mile trip will have to wait.

Alright, I haven't read through this thread, but here's some ideas that came to me while spacing out in my PoliSci class. The first has to do with the 2002 playoff run. The Canes barely squeaked into 8th place, and were eliminated in the first round. Yet, when it all was over, they received a standing ovation from the crowd.

1. No matter the outcome of the last two games (Atlanta and then Florida), we give them a standing ovation at the end. It doesn't matter if they lost, if the loss knocked them out of the playoffs, whatever. Give them credit for a hard fought year of hockey. I would hope we could at least do that.

2. Posters stating "Thank You Canes" on it appearing at every intermission for those final two games. Stick them up high and hope to get on camera, or just hold them up to the glass during the pregame skate. Last year, the Canes had "Thank You Fans" on the ice during their Cup run and when they achieved their goal. They stated we were the "7th man". Well, now it's our time to give thanks to the other 6 men on the ice.

I figure we could all bring our own posters, or if one board member felt particularly nice, one person could make a ton of them and just hand them out to the others when we meet before the game.

These are both really awesome ideas. I especially think it will be great if LOTS of people took "Thank you Canes" signs. I am in for both of these :)

^^^I'm in, too- for both of the last regular season games. Also, I have some unused poster boards to share.

IceFrog, great idea.

We just scored our tickets. We're in 332 section again! See ya there!

LETS GO CANES!!!

We are so excited! We are in 332 row F on the 6th and row N on the 7. See you there!

Great idea for the signs! Question - do we just use regular-sized poster board? and is white the best color?

Hmmm, must check Staples for stencils when I drop some stuff off their for UPS this weekend. I have no problem with making several posters and bringing them along for both Fri and Saturday games that weekend to share. I'm in 109 one night and I think 114 the next, but whoever is sitting in a place most likely to get Canesvision attention is more than welcome to them. Maybe we can even make some more during Saturday's tailgate!

Outstanding ideas IF. Hubby and I are in for the Friday game.

We just scored our tickets. We're in 332 section again! See ya there!

LETS GO CANES!!!

We are so excited! We are in 332 row F on the 6th and row N on the 7. See you there!

We are 332 section row N seats 1-4 see ya there!

Has anyone thought of name tags or something? We could all meet at the tailgate party and give them out there or meet at a pre-determined location in the RBC.

I would love to come.... but.... as you all know.... I live in Calgary... so here's my thoughts.... someone pitches in to help buy my plane ticket.... or you all have a ton of fun and then tell me all about it... :D :D i really wish i could be there!! :D

Up to the first page again. Time's getting short to decide what we're all doin' for the last two games, folks. I think it all comes down to who's bringing what & which parking lot to meet in. Maybe we should start making a list? Also, I think we can still go on w/ the equipment/ $$ donations for Big Mike/ Mean Gene's Heads Up 4 Hockey. If you can't bring a piece of equipment, maybe donate $5? Too much for everyone?

Copy & paste to add:

The Captain: cookies & name tags

Great idea for the signs! Question - do we just use regular-sized poster board? and is white the best color?

White probably is the best color, but I bet red would get some attention, too. If you use red poster board, use white paint for your letters -- black doesn't show up as well.

Bump. I don't want this thread lost in all the others. :) Keep the ideas coming!

Or you could ask me to sticky since those now work with the new version. :D

Anyone care to get me a hotel (5 star), plane tickets, and rbc tickets? :P

Man I really wish I could go. Curse you college. Maybe later on a playoffs gathering?

The games are Friday and Saturday. Should have no problem working around a college schedule. At least, I didn't.

And I'm in. Trying out the nosebleeds for these two games, sitting in the 300s. Mostly because I fear waiting till gamedays to use my college discount.

White probably is the best color, but I bet red would get some attention, too. If you use red poster board, use white paint for your letters -- black doesn't show up as well.

:D i am the queen of red poster board

i'll be at the game on the 7th, i'll look out for everyone, and i'll def make a thank you canes sign!

Or you could ask me to sticky since those now work with the new version. :D

Does that mean my playoff picture thread can be stickied? :)

Man I really wish I could go. Curse you college. Maybe later on a playoffs gathering?

The games are Friday and Saturday. Should have no problem working around a college schedule. At least, I didn't.

And I'm in. Trying out the nosebleeds for these two games, sitting in the 300s. Mostly because I fear waiting till gamedays to use my college discount.

hmm I'll have to try to go saturday since friday's I have late classes.

With this only a couple of weeks away, I kind of doubt I'll be able to go, but you never know. I'd totally love to if I could, because this is a fantastic idea.