The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IrishIce

End of Regular Season games_Board Gathering

Also, I think we can still go on w/ the equipment/ $$ donations for Big Mike/ Mean Gene's Heads Up 4 Hockey. If you can't bring a piece of equipment, maybe donate $5?

We'll bring that. Is there anyone I can PM about pregame plans for either of the last two regular season games, or just keep posting here?

Or you could ask me to sticky since those now work with the new version. :D

Does that mean my playoff picture thread can be stickied? :)

Don't we have a picture section now?

Hey everyone....my husband and I are coming to the April 6 game - can't wait!!! Just let us know where to meet for the tailgate. We're coming from Charlotte and are not familiar with the lot to make a suggestion of where to meet. Would love to meet other Caniacs - not many around here. Will someone have a grill? We'll bring a donation of either hockey gear or $ for the cause too.

Copy & paste to add:

The Captain: cookies & name tags

rightwinggrrl: a case of canned 21 and over beverages and either some drivethru chicken or meat for the grill

I can bring a bunch of brats pre-cooked so that all a grill will be needed for is to warm them back up - faster to serve that way. Sam's has those giant packs of brats in all kinds of flavors that are fantastic.

I'll also bring a bunch of garbage bags.

I suggest that we start running parallel lists that we can keep adding to or changing to keep track. As time goes on, we can make special note of supplies we need so people can adjust.

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE ONE OF THOSE FOREMAN PROPANE-POWERED CAMPER GRILLS? They can grill a giant load and sit right on the tail of a pickup.

We can use Board Names for the board list. If people want to send "300" real first names to go with their board ID's for the name tag, they can do so PM so it stays private.

For the locals: we will need either coolers full of ice within which to put the beverages, or big plastic beach tubs or the galvanized steel tubs also for ice. Note to everyone: be prepared that what you bring you may end up slogging home, so if it's perishable, bring saran wrap, foil, baggies, etc. so you can pack your stuff afterwards, and a cooler in which to store for post-tailgating.

We'll need paper plates, plastic cups, paper towels or napkins, plastic utencils (IF someone is bringing something requiring this. We might want to consider nixing anything made with mayo that could cause a problem like a creamed salad or potato salad - and just stick with chopped raw veggies, fruit, and/or pickles)

The seating chart is our own 'map to the stars' so we'll know where everyone is going to be. We can also start a Map to the Stars for the Friday night game so we can plan on meeting at a pre-arranged place during each intermission. Not everyone is going to be able to come on Saturday. I remember reading of several folks who are coming friday, only, and we should all get the chance to meet if we're going to be there and combine our mojo in a Caniac voodoo send up between periods. The Power of the Gathered Caniacs..... bwaaa-haaa-haaaa :twisted:

AttendeesNames / Seating Chart / Will Bring:

joehockey / 215_J_13 / 2 litre Pepsi_diet_x2

wanthepucknow / 122_RR_9 / 12-pack Mich Ultra

mrswholeteam / 313_B_12 / 2 lge bag snacks _dips

I can definitely bring some plastic cups and plates.

I can also possibly bring a cooler and/or ice..but I will get back to you on that

Okay, here's the list so far (board members, donations to the gathering &/or Mike's Heads Up 4 Hockey kids, sections/rows/seat #'s, & days/games attending):

Friday, April 6, 2007 vs. ATL:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Captain - cookies & name tags, $$ & hockey stick, sec. 314, row C, seats 18 & 19

IrishIce - brats & garbage bags, sec. 109, row Y

Canes#14ever & fiancee - chips, plates, "adult" beverages :lol:, sec. 111, row H, seats 1 & 2

Saturday, April 7, 2007 vs. FLA:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Captain - cookies & name tags, sec. 331, row C, seats 27 & 28

IrishIce - brats & garbage bags, sec. 113, row VV

CCC & family - chicken, soda, plates, sec. 332, row N, seats 1 - 4

Canes#14ever & fiancee - chips, plates, beverages, sec. 111, row H, seats 1 & 2

Now for members that want to attend one or both games (this list is of people that haven't included one or more of the following: dates for which game/s they are attending, supplies/ donations, if any, & seat locations):

TangledHeart - cups, plates; cooler & ice in question

whatthepuck221 - sec. 116

IceFrog999 - 300 sec. (both games - ??)

IC2stars - sec. 332, row F (April 6th game)

IC2stars - sec. 332, row N (April 7th game)

rightwinggrrl - a case of canned 21 and over beverages and either some drivethru chicken or meat for the grill

caniac2630 & husband - sec. 313

marmiste & husband - hockey equipment & $$

caniac23 - sec. 118 (April 7th)

kermel - April 7th

dogbutler - April 6th, butane camp stove

coleylarosefan - both games

canesmojo - April 7th

slim - ?

TC - ?

colliefan - ?

MDcanesfans - ?

If your name is on the list of "unknowns", please cut & paste to fill in the missing information so we all have a better idea of who's doing what & on what date. I also need the information of who's coming to which game (or both) so I know which tags to make out. Also, here's a general list of what supplies we'll need:

Plastic/ paper plates

plastic utensils

paper towels/ napkins

plastic cups

garbage bags (LARGE ones, if possible)

Thanks, guys!!

:Oops: I'm embarrassed.... uh, the 'joe hockey', 'wanthepucknow' and 'mrswholeteam' are totally made up names I just used for examples.

Sorry! (totally red faced)

The Captain - cookies & name tags, $$ & hockey stick, sec. 314, row C, seats 18 & 19

Canes#14ever & fiancee - chips, plates, "adult" beverages , sec. 111, row H, seats 1 & 2

dogbutler- butane stove, sec. 329 row D seat 13

Marmiste - attending 4/6 game with daughter, sitting in Sec 102, seats 13 & 14; bringing $ for Heads Up 4 Hockey, large trash bags, large plastic tub full of ice cold sodas & water; wings from Buffalo Brothers; napkins

Marmiste - attending 4/7 game with family (5 of us total), sitting in 308 row M; will bring $, large trash bags...We'll bring burgers and such if a grill is available.

To update -

Canes#14ever & fiancee - chips, plates, "adult" beverages , sec. 111, row H, seats 1 & 2

Rightwinggrrl and husband - adult beverages and brats/fixins - sec 106, row A, seats 7 and 8

Haha, I'm talking about my page that updates everyone on the playoff race.

Haha, I'm talking about my page that updates everyone on the playoff race.

Ahh yes I remember it now. *stickied*

Updated 19 March 07 @ 6:30 PM:

IrishIce - brats/buns, garbage bags, table/s, sec. 109, row Y

Marmiste & daughter - $ for Heads Up 4 Hockey, large trash bags, large plastic tub full of ice cold sodas & water; wings from Buffalo Brothers; napkins, poster boards & markers, Sec 102, seats 13 & 14

Rightwinggrrl and husband - adult beverages and brats/fixins - sec 106, row A, seats 7 and 8

Saturday, April 7, 2007 vs. FLA:

The Captain - cookies & name tags, sec. 331, row C, seats 27 & 28

IrishIce - brats/buns, garbage bags, sec. 113, row VV

CCC & family - chicken, soda, plates, $$ for Heads Up 4 Hockey, sec. 332, row N, seats 1 - 4

Canes#14ever & fiancee - chips, plates, beverages, sec. 111, row H, seats 1 & 2

Marmiste - attending 4/7 game with family (5 of us total), sitting in 308 row M; will bring $, large trash bags...We'll bring burgers and such if a grill is available, poster boards & markers

caniac97 - Grandma Utz's Kettle Cooked chips, sec. 303, row D, seats 14,15,16,17

Now for members that want to attend one or both games (this list is of people that haven't included one or more of the following: dates for which game/s they are attending, supplies/ donations, if any, & seat locations):

TangledHeart - cups, plates; cooler & ice in question

whatthepuck221 - sec. 116

IceFrog999 - plastic cups, 300 sec. (both games - ??)

IC2stars - sec. 332, row F (April 6th game)

IC2stars - sec. 332, row N (April 7th game)

caniac2630 & husband - sec. 313

caniac23 - sec. 118 (April 7th)

kermel - sec. 302, row M, seat 9 or 10 (April 7th)

coleylarosefan - both games

canesmojo - April 7th

slim - sec. 306, row k, seat 4

caniac_80 - sec. 306, row C, seat 3

brindyfan - grill & table/s (April 7th)

TC - ?

colliefan - ?

MDcanesfans - ?

CaniacFromAppState - ?

If your name is on the list of "unknowns", please cut & paste to fill in the missing information so we all have a better idea of who's doing what & on what date. I also need the information of who's coming to which game (or both) so I know which tags to make out. Also, here's a general list of what supplies we'll need:

Plastic/ paper plates

plastic utensils

paper towels/ napkins

plastic cups

garbage bags (LARGE ones, if possible)

coolers & ice

wet towelettes/baby wipes

Something else I just thought of: instead of us worrying about bottled condiments, if people would like to bring the individual packs of condiments (ketsup. mustard, mayo, salt, pepper), even if it's leftovers from your trips to the drive-thru's, we can bring those as well... saves us from having to deal w/ refridgeration, as condiments only have to be refridgerated after they're opened, & that doesn't need to happen w/ the individual packettes, & yet whomever wishes to add some to their portions of food can do so. Just a thought.

If you're bringing someone that's not on the boards (i.e., husband, wife, children, friends, etc.), & they'd like to have a name tag too, please either let me know in this thread or feel free to PM me w/ their names so they don't feel left out. :D

Has anyone figured out the exact location for these get togethers yet"Which lot or by which entry?

Not yet, no. Still waitin' on any suggestions that members might have on that front.

I'll be showing up for both games, though I can't remember which exact section off the top of my head. I know they're both in the $10 cheap seats.

And I guess I could handle bringing the plastic cups.