The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
kingofminneapolis

Who is Cheering for NYR because you hate BUF?

It's funny how only the Buffalo Sabres can make everyone forget their total and utter discust for Sean Avery.

Interesting observation - and in my case, absolutely correct. :blink:

I had a few specific teams that I was kind of rooting for:

1) Pittsburgh

2) Nashville

3) Dallas

4) Whoever is playing Buffalo

The first round was not kind to my list so all that's left is to start cheering for a dynamic team I like to call NotBuffalo.

It's funny, if Buffalo gets knocked out before it's over I'll prolly stop watching altogether.

Hey, Hoyle ... you're right! I must admit to being totally guilty of that! (gulp) That said, I shall swallow my pride and principles and cheer for ANY TEAM OTHER THAN BUFFALO. (I might even cheer for my boyfriend, Eddie Dancing Queen Bellefoure if he were playing against Buffalo.. fortunately I am not required to sink that deeply into the quicksand of a sold soul.)

Someone please remember to tell the zamboni drivers to add the salt to the mix, please!

I have a few Buffalo players on my VS Salary Cap Challenge team. I just need Briere, Campbell, and Miller to have good games, I dont care if they lose. I DEF. DONT want to see them win the Cup but it would help my Fantasy team if they won this round, suxors.

He still seems to be a decent guy, but Cullen jumped ship for bigger $$ in the Rotten Apple.

The refuse from Love Canal - that is the Sabre fans - that came down for the Finals made me never want to cheer for the Buffaslugs. The Holy Trinity could be playing for the Slugs against Satan (not the one from the NYI) and his minions and I still would have problems pulling for the Slugs. The only slugs I enjoy are ones marinated in a garlic and butter sauce.

I can't believe how many people here write of a whole City because of a few drunken idiots that we here last yr.Buffalo has some of the best fans around.I have been to alot of sporting events in Buffalo and they have very loyal respectful fans.How many of you have evn been to Buffalo to see what it is like.If you are a true fan of hockey and not just a Canes fan you would be able to see what a good series this is.Two teams from the same state playing for the chance to move on to the next round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.It doesn't get much better than that.So i think you should sit back and enjoy a great round between 2 teams that have earned there way in this yr,,just like the Canes did last yr.There is alot of Good hockey being played in the series!!!

I'm cheering on the Rangers for a different reason. I'm tired of hearing from the so called "big market teams" that the small market teams are killing the NHL, that no one cared about the finals last year and its bad for the sport when there's no big media exposure.

I'd like to see the Rangers go far cause they're a "Big market team" and we'll finally get to see what exactly the overall effect will be for the NHL. Will ratings for the finals jump considerably?

I think there will be some difference but only in the geographic area of the teams involved. Overall, I don't think it will have a big effect on the NHL as a whole. I'd like to be wrong though.

Oh yeah, if the Slugs get eliminated by a cross-state rival in the process, that wouldn't be awful.

I'm cheering on the Rangers for a different reason. I'm tired of hearing from the so called "big market teams" that the small market teams are killing the NHL, that no one cared about the finals last year and its bad for the sport when there's no big media exposure.

I'd like to see the Rangers go far cause they're a "Big market team" and we'll finally get to see what exactly the overall effect will be for the NHL. Will ratings for the finals jump considerably?

I think there will be some difference but only in the geographic area of the teams involved. Overall, I don't think it will have a big effect on the NHL as a whole. I'd like to be wrong though.

Oh yeah, if the Slugs get eliminated by a cross-state rival in the process, that wouldn't be awful.

I can't believe how many people here write of a whole City because of a few drunken idiots that we here last yr.Buffalo has some of the best fans around.I have been to alot of sporting events in Buffalo and they have very loyal respectful fans.How many of you have evn been to Buffalo to see what it is like.If you are a true fan of hockey and not just a Canes fan you would be able to see what a good series this is.Two teams from the same state playing for the chance to move on to the next round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.It doesn't get much better than that.So i think you should sit back and enjoy a great round between 2 teams that have earned there way in this yr,,just like the Canes did last yr.There is alot of Good hockey being played in the series!!!

Oh, there's no denying it's a good series - and Buffalo is an excellent team, to be sure. But for me at least, that still leaves room for them to be disliked. :P

And as far as their fan conduct goes, I believe we're going on their percentage of visiting drunken riffraff as opposed to other visiting teams' drunken riffraff fans. The sheer difference was staggering, and as a result gave birth to a new team we love to hate. But you're right, it really is too bad for all the good Buffalo fans out there that they can't get more league-wide fan support.

I'll never understand the Avery hate. I think he's an interesting player, and he brings another whole level to hockey. Not many players can run their mouth and back it up.

Ugh... talk about a hangman's choice.

I hate both teams, I wish they could both lose.

Same here but just to stuff a sock into every Buffalo Fans mouth I hope the Rangers win the Series.

I'll never understand the Avery hate. I think he's an interesting player, and he brings another whole level to hockey. Not many players can run their mouth and back it up.

He is just one of those players that you love to hate!!When he is the opponent he drives you crazy but if he were on the Canes we would all love him!

He is just one of those players that you love to hate!!When he is the opponent he drives you crazy but if he were on the Canes we would all love him!

It's true , I hated him before he came to the Rangers. He brought some skill and energy to the team, and now the whole city absolutely treats him like royalty. The guy is like a rock star in New York. I guess he deserves it though, he's worked very hard since he came to the Rangers.

It's true , I hated him before he came to the Rangers. He brought some skill and energy to the team, and now the whole city absolutely treats him like royalty. The guy is like a rock star in New York. I guess he deserves it though, he's worked very hard since he came to the Rangers.

Guys with an edge are loved in NYC. Many people hated Latrell Sprewell but he was a hero in NY.

Avery was the poster boy for being a big-mouthed jerk when he broke in with Detroit and even his own teammates hated him there, Shanny among them.

He seemed to get slightly better in LA this year and more mature in NY. It could be Renney, the vets around him (including Shanny) or maturity. Or maybe a combination. Time will tell whether he is a converted punk for good or just on better behavior temporarily.

Guys with an edge are loved in NYC. Many people hated Latrell Sprewell but he was a hero in NY.

Avery was the poster boy for being a big-mouthed jerk when he broke in with Detroit and even his own teammates hated him there, Shanny among them.

He seemed to get slightly better in LA this year and more mature in NY. It could be Renney, the vets around him (including Shanny) or maturity. Or maybe a combination. Time will tell whether he is a converted punk for good or just on better behavior temporarily.

I am curious to see what they think about him after last nites game,he did alot of talking but didn't back it up on the ice!!If anything i think it gave the Sabres a slight edge!!Looks like its putup or shutup time !!!

I am curious to see what they think about him after last nites game,he did alot of talking but didn't back it up on the ice!!If anything i think it gave the Sabres a slight edge!!Looks like its putup or shutup time !!!

The dumbest talking from the NYR camp directly from Renney himself. I'm not trying to back Avery because I am not a fan of his but his hit them/hurt them comments were not that big of a deal in my opinion. He can do something about a sorry game 1 while Renney's words will be used as fodder for Buffalo for the whole series.

I'm rooting for Buffalo because I'm not a bandwagon hater - Who cares about last year, what's past is past and besides I love being on the opposing side of an arguement - LET"S GO BUFFALO

Couple of questions here since I'm not one of the biggest canes' fans, plus I'm newer to the board:

1. Is this Sabre rivalry cause of Lindry ruff and last years playoffs? I can understand hating Lindy Ruff, he's a joke and a whiner. But why do Canes' fans hate the Buffalo team so much?

2. Why is Cullen called "He-man"? I love this guy, but didn't know he had a nickname. I thought he was just called "Culley"

I don't hate the Sabres as a team but I don't like em ya know? Only a handfull of Sabre fans I like, Lindy Ruff is a catfish.

And i'd like to take responsibility for the "He-man" nickname lol. Last season, Cullen broke his jaw, when he came back to play his jaw was not successfully healed so he had to wear a full mask(clear, hard plastic) anyway the members here back then joked that he looked like a trap-jaw from

He-man...or somthing. So I call him He-man for that sole reason....no idea if anyone else calls him that.

I don't hate the Sabres as a team but I don't like em ya know? Only a handfull of Sabre fans I like, Lindy Ruff is a catfish.

And i'd like to take responsibility for the "He-man" nickname lol. Last season, Cullen broke his jaw, when he came back to play his jaw was not successfully healed so he had to wear a full mask(clear, hard plastic) anyway the members here back then joked that he looked like a trap-jaw from

He-man...or somthing. So I call him He-man for that sole reason....no idea if anyone else calls him that.

Haha, thats funny. I remember watching him wear the full cage for one game. At first I thought it was a nickname used by all Canes fans, but guess its an inside joke thing. Favourite nickname for any Cane player is still "The wizard" for Ray Whitney. That nickname fits well with his type of play.