The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
kingofminneapolis

Who is Cheering for NYR because you hate BUF?

Haha, thats funny. I remember watching him wear the full cage for one game. At first I thought it was a nickname used by all Canes fans, but guess its an inside joke thing. Favourite nickname for any Cane player is still "The wizard" for Ray Whitney. That nickname fits well with his type of play.

The Wizard is a great nickanme and very fitting for Ray Whitney and how he can turn absolutely nothin into a big play*cough*Boston*cough*

I can't believe how many people here write of a whole City because of a few drunken idiots that we here last yr.Buffalo has some of the best fans around.I have been to alot of sporting events in Buffalo and they have very loyal respectful fans.How many of you have evn been to Buffalo to see what it is like.If you are a true fan of hockey and not just a Canes fan you would be able to see what a good series this is.Two teams from the same state playing for the chance to move on to the next round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.It doesn't get much better than that.So i think you should sit back and enjoy a great round between 2 teams that have earned there way in this yr,,just like the Canes did last yr.There is alot of Good hockey being played in the series!!!

It's a sports rivalry dude. The fact is most Caniacs love to hate Buffalo. It gives them someone to root against now that there team is out of the playoffs. Rivalries are good for hockey and the Hurricanes don't have a MAJOR rivaly such as

(Leafs-Habs)

(Yankees-Red Sox)

(Duke-Carolina)

This rivalry will help hockey grow in the Carolinas.

GO SABRES

It's a sports rivalry dude. The fact is most Caniacs love to hate Buffalo. It gives them someone to root against now that there team is out of the playoffs. Rivalries are good for hockey and the Hurricanes don't have a MAJOR rivaly such as

(Leafs-Habs)

(Yankees-Red Sox)

(Duke-Carolina)

This rivalry will help hockey grow in the Carolinas.

You're right, bmb2jn. Prior to last year's ECF, I was as neutral towards the Buffalo Sabres and their fans as, say, towards the St. Louis Blues...meaning, I just didn't know much about them. I don't know if it was the passion of the ECF's, the close games, or what, but the Buffalo fan behavior down here was far worse than what I'd ever seen, even when compared to Flyer fans....gasp! Turned me into an A-1 Buff hater right away (though I'm rational enough to know that the behavior I witnessed first-hand by Buffalo fans was not (at least I hope!) representative of most Buffalo fans). But, to paraphrase you a bit, in sports anyway, HATE is GOOD! There are likely many Caniacs that will be tuning into the Rangers-Sabres series -- that otherwise wouldn't have been -- just to hope Buffalo loses -- and that is good for the game.

I'm cheering for them because of Cullen and Shanahan.... and because I don't like Buffalo.

well said. I agree.

But my dislike for Buffalo is mainly for crybaby Ruff. I like a lot of their players and would love to see Drury or Briere here next year. Not likely but we can dream right. :)

not only do i dislike buffalo, but i'm rooting for the rangers because i still like cullen. i just wish someone would light a fire under his *edit* so he could get going like he did last year!

i'd like to see avery beat someone up, too. haha

I'll never understand the Avery hate. I think he's an interesting player, and he brings another whole level to hockey. Not many players can run their mouth and back it up.

I don't consider "fighting Kovalchuk" backing up anything.

Avery is a loser, plain and simple.

I just find it humorous how every sports analyst feels the need to praise Avery for something that comes natural to almost every other human being on the planet.....maturity and manners.

....as a side note, I know a guy with who fought Avery in a street hockey game when they were younger for "running his mouth". He beat the snot out of Avery and I loved hearing the story every time he told it.

....as a side note, I know a guy with who fought Avery in a street hockey game when they were younger for "running his mouth". He beat the snot out of Avery and I loved hearing the story every time he told it.

What's the credibilty on that?

I am pulling against buffalo not just because I hate them but the Rangers are a good team this year and deserve a win and I would love to see Shanny win another cup!

EXACTLY WHAT I'M THINKING!!

SHANNY = CUP

WOOOOOO! GO RANGERS!

I'll never understand the Avery hate. I think he's an interesting player, and he brings another whole level to hockey. Not many players can run their mouth and back it up.

I don't consider "fighting Kovalchuk" backing up anything.

Avery is a loser, plain and simple.

I just find it humorous how every sports analyst feels the need to praise Avery for something that comes natural to almost every other human being on the planet.....maturity and manners.

That guy deserves a Medal of Honor

I don't dislike the players, but after the crap Linda tried to pull last year and after the way the fans (mis)behaved when they were here, AND the way the fans were saying we wouldn't have won except that their figure skating team was injured (they seem to forget we were without Cole for the entire series - just a small part of our team ;) ), I hope the Sabres don't win until at least the year 2100.

Me too! I don't dislike Buffalo's team or players at all. They have a lot going for them and are fun to watch. I am not overly fond of their coach. Their fans - well, I don't want to say those guys last year represent all their fans because that wouldn't be fair. That said, I am mostly pulling for the Rangers because I like some of the Rangers players a lot, and there are enough annoying Buffalo fans that I would rather not hear say things like "nah nah, we are champs and you are golfing," "we would have won back to back without all the injuries last year," and all that garbage.

Go Rangers!!!

Can't stand the Sabres based on Ruff's comments last season, and their fans' behavior. I also can't root for the Devils and Senators, so I need the Rangers to make it to the finals.

I don't dislike the players, but after the crap Linda tried to pull last year and after the way the fans (mis)behaved when they were here, AND the way the fans were saying we wouldn't have won except that their figure skating team was injured (they seem to forget we were without Cole for the entire series - just a small part of our team ;) ), I hope the Sabres don't win until at least the year 2100.

Ok I'm sorry to bring this up but,

Eric Cole was one player. THE SABRES WERE MISSING 5, (4 of them were on defense). Eric Cole was crucial to your team's sucess but we had our entire defense out and had to bring guys up from Rochester.

DON'T GET ME WRONG! YOU DESERVED THE STANLEY CUP LAST YEAR!! We will never know if Buffalo would've won if they were healthy. But I'm saying our injuries were a factor in why we didn't go all the way.

But anyhow, Gaustad will be back, and EVERY SINGLE SABRE will be healthy. So we can't use the injury excuse this year.

GO SABRES!!!!

Count me in....ABB!!!

One fan cussed out my 11 year old daughter who was yelling "Let's go 'canes" during the game!! How rude...it is our team and our building, NO ONE is going to treat us that way...with me?

Well I just cussed out a bunch of sabres fans last night at a bar downtown, it was pretty fun, they suck

Count me in....ABB!!!

One fan cussed out my 11 year old daughter who was yelling "Let's go 'canes" during the game!! How rude...it is our team and our building, NO ONE is going to treat us that way...with me?

Well I just cussed out a bunch of sabres fans last night at a bar downtown, it was pretty fun, they suck

And we're the classless ones? ;)

Count me in....ABB!!!

And we're the classless ones? ;)

Melissa you're the only flower in that entire city.