The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
breakaway-ch1

THANK YOU CANES '07

I swore I would not post anything for a few days but all the negative press coverage has gotten me a bit on the defensive side on behalf of our team. So here is my list:

Thank You for.......

1. Opening Night & watching those beautiful WELL-EARNED banners going up to the rafters

2. 3 goals in 43 seconds

3. 6 goals in 1 period (let's do that again Saturday, k?)

4. Rod Brind 'Amour night

5. Winning my first away game

6. 32 games of Carolina Hurricanes hockey (# of home games I will have attended come Saturday)

7. For Chad LaRose & Scotty Walker's spirit(please stay Walks)

8. For providing me the opportunity to meet some really great folks along the way this season

9. For every member of this team & the class they display

and finally for...

10. the desire to go through the whole ride again next season--see ya at training camp

Thank you to all the players..........................................

Thanks to Cam Ward for pulling the team together in goal..........

Thanks to brindy for leading the team.......................................

Thanks to Walker for handleing all the fights......................................

Thanks to the Caniacs for cheering on the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swore I would not post anything for a few days but all the negative press coverage has gotten me a bit on the defensive side on behalf of our team. So here is my list:

Thank You for.......

1. Opening Night & watching those beautiful WELL-EARNED banners going up to the rafters

2. 3 goals in 43 seconds

3. 6 goals in 1 period (let's do that again Saturday, k?)

4. Rod Brind 'Amour night

5. Winning my first away game

6. 32 games of Carolina Hurricanes hockey (# of home games I will have attended come Saturday)

7. For Chad LaRose & Scotty Walker's spirit(please stay Walks)

8. For providing me the opportunity to meet some really great folks along the way this season

9. For every member of this team & the class they display

and finally for...

10. the desire to go through the whole ride again next season--see ya at training camp

you're not alone. I went onto WRAL and I couldn't believe some of the things people were posting and I'm not one to use foul language and I finally told them all to go to Hell which is not me.

Thanks for the exciting games I saw when I attended them. Wesley's overtime goal for instance.

Thanks to Scotty Walker for standing up for his teammates and giving us excellent youtube links to keep when we need to show someone a true *edit*-kickin. We can read your lips Scotty..."You don't want none...." and they normally don't. :D

Thanks Justin Williams(Slick Willy) for some exciting goal scoring this season. Stay an all-star.

Thanks Joe Vasicek for signing my jersey "Czech Condor" in Czech. That was too cool.

Thanks Rod Brind'Amour for being the leader you always have been.

Thanks Mike Commodore for the hits. It's ok that you wouldn't tell us where you were drinkin' at...how's your schedule now? LOL :P

Thanks Cole for always giving us a reason to stand and scream the "in your face" sound. You're definitly the gunpowder to the team. Keep lightin it up.

Thanks to FSN for getting me and my buddies our ten seconds of fame.

Thanks to the RBC center camera crew at 101 and 105 for not hesitating to get whatever I held up on camera. "Wardo says NO!" Anyone notice how often Forsland says Cam ward says no now? All me. LOL (yeah right)

Overall, thanks for the excitement and atmosphere from the players, to the fans, to the broadcasting crews. We didn't make it to the extra innings this year.....get rested and come back a recharged Hurricane team.

OH YEAH ALSO!!.....

The fastest three goals in franchise history!

One of my best hockey moments ever will be the game when they scored 3 goals in 43 seconds(someone help me with the actual statistic). I never had a chance to pick my beer back up before I was setting it down to clap and cheer. Arguably one of the best games I attended, definitly this year anyways.

Then of course Ray's hat trick in a short time. That was awesome.

Thanks to the RBC center camera crew at 101 and 105 for not hesitating to get whatever I held up on camera. "Wardo says NO!" Anyone notice how often Forsland says Cam ward says no now? All me. LOL (yeah right)

Actually its Irbe says no. Don't you remember anything from 01-02?Thanks for nothin canes. No im just kidding. Thanks everybody for getting injured. Im kiding again! Thank for a great season... sort of. Thanks for an entertaining season! Thank everyone associated with the canes!

Thank you all for allowing my friend, who has since passed away from cancer, to witness the opening night ceremonies and see the Cup. You shall always be Stanley Cup Champions. If you hadn't won it, he would have never seen it come to Carolina.

Also, thanks BRINDYFAN for getting him that ticket.

Thanks 'Canes for an entertaining season and for stimulating my interest in hockey again. Undoubtedly it was a tough season but I maintain there was a lot to overcome. Keep your chins up and start again next season.

One last thing........thanks for introducing me to one of the nicer message boards on the 'net.........classy folks, knowledgable fans and super referees.

All is not lost...by far not a bad season. The Hurricanes will finish above .500 overall, and finished over .500 both at home and away. Just look at the standings....probably the closest playoff race in recent memory. so many teams with only a few playoff slots. Good teams are out of the playoff race, not because they did bad, far from it, just so many other teams doing well. Toronto, and Tampa Bay, and Montreal are fighting for that last playoff spot, and Atanta could find themselves out of the playoffs if Tampa can find a way to sneek into 1st place in the SouthWest division. Injuries killed the 'Canes this year. The best thing for us to do now is sit back, relax, enjoy, and cherish the final home games with the Stanley Cup Champions before the torch is passed. I challenge everyone to be as loud as Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final last season during this weekend games and show the 'Canes we still appreciate and stand behind them!

Very nicely said, WhalersCaniac !

The nay-sayers will add, "Let's all join hands and sing a round of Kumbaya" to try and throw a wet pile of steaming poop on our end-of-season keeping-the-heads-up, but you know? when some folks just want to wallow in misery all the time and shun feeling the love, they are missing out on the joy.

Gotta get the head out of that dark and smelly place folks. There's a whole world out here to enjoy, and time enough to sit and *edit* in private without raining on someone else's parade. We've got a weekend of fun ahead- and all summer to sit and cry in our cups if that's what we want to spend our valuable time doing.

I want to thank (in no particular order):

1. The new online friends I've made on this board

2. The friends from #1 for the kind words about my photos

3. The RBC center staff for allowing cameras

4. The Canes for giving me great photo ops

5. The AP photographer for letting me borrow his big lens during a game back in Feb

6. Andrew Ladd for his jersey :)

7. And finally...the entire Hurricanes organization for making my first season ever as a season ticket holder everything I expected and wanted it to be. Cup or no Cup I enjoyed every minute of every game I went to (all but four home games). I'll be back.

And thank you, MattDoc for taking the time and making the effort to take such great shots and sharing them with Caniac Nation! I always looked forward to finding your uploads after home games. There were always the odd moments that you caught that so epitomized hockey, or a particular Cane, so well. (I REALLY did not appreciate you heading off to the veldt in the middle of the season, however! See what you can do about restructuring those vacations for away swings, only! hee hee)

Again, thanks for the shots, and ultimately, for giving us memories for the entire season! Ditto to our other faithful photogs!