The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Get ready for ticket price increases

I thought this too. But with having said that, I think season tickets won't have a major increase if any and gate prices will have a major increase. Their goal is to get more season ticket holders. Up the gate prices so it makes more sense to be a season ticket holder. Just my 2 cents.

Guess we'll find out soon. My rep said invoices will be out mid-may. First payment in June if doing the installment plan.

i got an entirely different read on that, i really think the are going to change what they are doing in regards to corporations and go in that direction. everything that i have read points to that area being the on that is lacking. like wise we just need to get into the playoffs next season to eliminate this deficit. if they implement my buffalow seating plan for the next playoffs (carter findley stadium with a 19inch tv to broadcast the game at $50 a pop) then two of those games would erase the deficit.LOL

Of course can't confirm it but I'm guessing that our ticket prices are going up soon. With all the latest articles and press conferences, JR and Karmanos have made it very clear that they intend to up the player salaries and without playoff revenue, it has to come from somewhere. Kind of feels like there's been a PR campaign to make us all aware and prepare us for the inevitable.

Any thoughts or am I imagining this?

I think you are right and I read it the same way. Given the fact the Canes still rank near the bottom in ticket prices, 22nd if I remember correctly, then I'm not going to get heartburn over it it they raise prices.

They probably will raise the prices, but I can't imagine it would be a huge increase. At least I hope not anyway. Ticket prices only jumped about $4* between '05-'06 and '06-'07 and they had just won the Stanely Cup!

*For example, I usually sit in the upper corners and they used to be $21 and last year they were $25.

This upcoming season I'm planning on getting the 24 pack so I'll be shelling out money either way. :)

Of course can't confirm it but I'm guessing that our ticket prices are going up soon. With all the latest articles and press conferences, JR and Karmanos have made it very clear that they intend to up the player salaries and without playoff revenue, it has to come from somewhere. Kind of feels like there's been a PR campaign to make us all aware and prepare us for the inevitable.

You're probably right. But no matter much warning they give, people will still freak out about it.

Well we all know they will go up,,its just how much!!!Hopefully, after last yr it won't be a large amount!If they went up last yr $4.00 maybe $2.00 this year would be about right!Hard to raise them too much after last yr.

We are all playing the waiting game!!! :blink:

You're probably right. But no matter much warning they give, people will still freak out about it.

the only time we freak out about it is when they did what they did last year about the playoffs which in my case was send me an invoice for over $2k and give me 7 days to pay it. i could be wrong but i don't expect STH prices to increase, maybe gate and a major push to bring corporate Carolina on board.

I bought a 24-pack plan last year and sat in the first row of the 300 level. Probably will get a 24-pack and move back down to the lower level where the Canes shoot twice.

I bought a 24-pack plan last year and sat in the first row of the 300 level. Probably will get a 24-pack and move back down to the lower level where the Canes shoot twice.

i have sat in just about every section of the RBC Center and a couple of the suites. i like my perch atop 303. my only decision is do i stay 24 (@ 6seats) or go full season (@ 3 or 4 seats).

i have sat in just about every section of the RBC Center and a couple of the suites. i like my perch atop 303. my only decision is do i stay 24 (@ 6seats) or go full season (@ 3 or 4 seats).

Go for the full season, they're gonna need all the revenue they can get to re-sign Walker ;)

Go for the full season, they're gonna need all the revenue they can get to re-sign Walker ;)

Yeah, when I read that a total of $45 million has been lost on the franchise... uh, that's $45 million I'll never see in this lifetime. I cannot imagine just watching that kind of money going down the dumper, but that IS the world of professional sports franchise ownership. Not for the faint of heart.

That said, I don't think our ticket prices are objectionable at all compare to NBA and other prices, and once again, I keep coming back to the luxury we have of even HAVING a pro sport in Raleigh - but thank God it is hockey! It would have been a crime to waste a perfectly good sport on those Charlottans down south!

Like someone said, a couple bucks upward is to be expected and no big deal. Hey, we ain't talking the Royal Family of Bendover, Citizens! We Are Taking You For Everything You Own (i.e., Exxon-Mobil, BP-Amoco, Royal Dutch Shell, Citgo, etc who QUARTERLY post gains in the BILLIONS OF DOLLARS and nobody blinks anymore. There's some board rooms I'd like to play the frozen pond game in!) :angry:

I still think we are lucky to have professional hockey AND that it is as affordable as it is. I mean, the bleeder seats are the steal of professional sports! and some of the best board members sit up there! (what more could one ask for? well, besides winning the SCC in 08, but we got that covered!)

Since this is the ticket thread, someone want to outline all the options the Nation has for ticketing themselves this year in the interest of funding Scotty's return to the Storm?

Yeah, when I read that a total of $45 million has been lost on the franchise... uh, that's $45 million I'll never see in this lifetime. I cannot imagine just watching that kind of money going down the dumper, but that IS the world of professional sports franchise ownership. Not for the faint of heart.

That said, I don't think our ticket prices are objectionable at all compare to NBA and other prices, and once again, I keep coming back to the luxury we have of even HAVING a pro sport in Raleigh - but thank God it is hockey! It would have been a crime to waste a perfectly good sport on those Charlottans down south!

Like someone said, a couple bucks upward is to be expected and no big deal. Hey, we ain't talking the Royal Family of Bendover, Citizens! We Are Taking You For Everything You Own (i.e., Exxon-Mobil, BP-Amoco, Royal Dutch Shell, Citgo, etc who QUARTERLY post gains in the BILLIONS OF DOLLARS and nobody blinks anymore. There's some board rooms I'd like to play the frozen pond game in!) :angry:

I still think we are lucky to have professional hockey AND that it is as affordable as it is. I mean, the bleeder seats are the steal of professional sports! and some of the best board members sit up there! (what more could one ask for? well, besides winning the SCC in 08, but we got that covered!)

Since this is the ticket thread, someone want to outline all the options the Nation has for ticketing themselves this year in the interest of funding Scotty's return to the Storm?

before you go crying for Peter Karmonos, remember the loss is a "paper" loss. I am sure both he and Compuware reaped the benefits of the loss plus prior to the lockout "hockey related revenue" was a mystery for each team. Peter pretty much gets all the revenue from the RBC Center but up until the lockout only ticket sales was considered "hockey related revenue" so given that it is easy to see the losses given our attendance. but the concessions we ate and the parking dollars were not in that figure and if the suites belonged to wolfpack members then those dollars were not included. the N&O tried to see the books and even went to court but lost because the Canes called it "proprietary intellectual property" and successfully argued that releasing the information would reveal "trade secrets". given that you won't see an aggressive price increase out of this club. they have also stated that their efforts need to increase on the corporate side. i don't see them making us payup for the corporate side not kicking in. they will light a fire under their corporate marketing efforts, they have too!!

I hope everyone continues to support the team if prices do increase I wouldn't want to see my team move again as I know they will never be back in Hartford and if they can't be there I want them in Raleigh.

it will all depend on the product they put on the ice. we know the hockey gods can be fickled (as far as wins and losses) plus the worst officiating in pro sports but as long as our guys give an effort night in and night out then we are there for them.

However it's "booked" out, $45M is basically the payroll, and they are not paying the players with little pieces of spreadsheets cut in the size of dollar bills :blink: - it's real money. And it's a lot of real money. Still, I am not picking up from any of the recent interviews that the Powers are planning on sticking it to the little guys. Like someone mentioned on another thread, to not have capitalized on the frenzied feel good IMMEDIATELY after the Cup win and gone after the corporate bandwagon sponsorship with a vengeance... that is pure-D stupidity.

I hope that they hire someone with some real get up and go who can sell hockey to the companies. It's great family entertainment... for all the work companies expect employees to put in that takes them away from family, this is a great way to reward... here! have a night out with the spouse and kids! Great family fun, everyone will love it. There are tons of families at these games, essential to "growing up" a fan base. This is how the little minor league baseball games sell their corporate support. I cannot tell you how many corporate-sponsored nights out I attended at our little minor league team back home in South Bend... The corporate part of the park was basically all of right field - they had their own concession which was cooking brats and stuff. Both far right and left fields were all grass... everyone could bring in their own lawn chairs or blankets and hang out. GREAT place for kids to run around and get rid of all that energy, NOT up and down the aisles or concourses. Once the companies heard back from the employees how much they LOVED the ballpark, every single game had the corporate section sold out. And then they had "the upper deck" which was enclosed like our boxes and folks had parties, etc up there all year 'round.

Gale Force just has to get people to come IN to the arena for games to see how much fun it can be, and that winning or losing is not exactly the point, but that BEING there IS. I think our tailgating tradition from football helps - it's another selling point - that the good times begin as soon as you enter the complex. It's nice that they are accomodating to that. They could have chosen to be horse's patooties and squashed that whole thing and claimed fire & safety hazards, etc.

Having their current corporate clients help sell the concept.... interview them and see why it "works" for them - spread the news. Look at the Chevy giveaway.... that gorgeous Silverado 4x4, the 15,000 wool felt hats on that last night. Could have been a bust with no one there to appreciate it. I hope Chevy comes back on board for this coming season. Certainly the guy that won the truck was "appreciative" just a little. There was a great commercial right there. He tickled me so much... he was beside himself! Oh my! What fun to watch from the stands. Our section was laughing half to death, he was so unglued! That is the kind of 'feel good' response that these companies pay all that money for.

But I'm preaching to the choir here. It's folks that have had no experience that need to see what a great buy they can get for their money for not just clients, but their employees as rewards or incentives.

Player salaries are not pre-paid so having said that, it gives them time to determine how to raise the additional revenue. there are more sources that just gate receipts (raising ad rates in the RBC Center, parking prices, concessions, etc.). that $4mil mark might be lower depending on what revenue sharing turns out to be. if hedican retires then there is $2.5mil, i know we may have to replace him with someone of equal caliber and play but there is lots of time to figure this out and it does not necessarily have to be on the backs of the STH's. I personally can handle a 10-15% increase, I wouldn't like it but would be ok.

man...i went to like, 20some games this season, if ticket prices get any higher, i'll only be going to like 10 games or so.

i was actually planning on upgrading my seats (still doing a 10 game) until the place i worked at went out of business.

guess i'll just buy random game tickets and sit up in the 10.29 section all year. if they get rid of those...you can count on me now being there often.