The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
300Section

You know you're a Caniac when....

287b. Even though your team didn't make it to the Playoffs, you are still here four+ times a day to stay in touch with fellow caniacs and skulk for any caniac related trade/contract rumors.

288. You play "Quest for the Cup" with your fellow caniacs and now, are addicted. :D

284 - You can have a personal conversation with at least 2 of the hurricanes.

I guess I'm a Caniac! How about...

289. You personally know at least 2 of the Hurricanes from places OTHER THAN from the Hurricanes team. ;)

Well, I can answer yes to just about all of these with a few exceptions. #33, my 21 yr. old son is actually a 10 yr. old son.

i have a 22 year old and his eyes roll everytime i put my "hurricanes mix cd" in the player on the way to the rbc center.

I really gotta make a playlist on my iPod of Canes songs...

*adds to mental list of things to do when I get home*

Come to think of it, that might just be more important than working on the paper I have to do for my Music Appreciation class that's due on Friday... :D

I really gotta make a playlist on my iPod of Canes songs...

*adds to mental list of things to do when I get home*

Come to think of it, that might just be more important than working on the paper I have to do for my Music Appreciation class that's due on Friday... :D

let me know if you need suggestions of what to put on it. i am the king of iTunes!!

Can you just send me a PM of the songs you have on that CD and some others that might be good to add up there? I'd appreciate that.

And to add to the Caniac list, here's one I just realized I was doing:

Even though the Canes aren't in the playoffs this season, you still have a HUGE 8 page playoff bracket (designed by gocanes88, thanks) on the wall and are wearing you Canes jersey to honor the official start of playoffs. w00t.

3. You may have thought of scooching up the light poles at the RBC to get one of the little flags off for your room

You mean you haven't done this???? ;)

187 - you steal a traffic cone out of the RBC parking lot solely because it says "ESA" on it. Close[/post]

290. You are teaching your Roomba to play during the off season.

Hahaha you win at life.

YKYACW:

You can spot if a picture is Canes related a mile away.

(Example: I was walking out of the lobby today and I was about 25 feet from a table when I saw the SC picture on a magazine. I RAN over and picked it up. LOL Everyone around me muttering "You are obsessed" lol)

Haha- TangledHeart, I did that at the post office this afternoon. The one on Brentwood Avenue still has two more SC pictures in the matting for sale at $19.99 (in case anyone still needs one). Can you imagine how delighted I was to have seen something Canes related as I finished that errand at the Post Office today? If only there was Canes postage- now that would be cool.

Haha- TangledHeart, I did that at the post office this afternoon. The one on Brentwood Avenue still has two more SC pictures in the matting for sale at $19.99 (in case anyone still needs one). Can you imagine how delighted I was to have seen something Canes related as I finished that errand at the Post Office today? If only there was Canes postage- now that would be cool.

Hurricane stamps, huh?? Might give me a reason to send something to one of my relatives in Buffalo!

187 - you steal a traffic cone out of the RBC parking lot solely because it says "ESA" on it.

I got one better, dog: I kidnapped TWO traffic cones solely 'cause they say "ESA" (no RBC for me!!) - one last season & one from this past season. heeheehee

sigh. I can hardly stand it! Reading and re-reading the list is like getting a dose of Hurricanes all over again.... If someone could just read it outloud for a recording which one then plays softly under the pillow at night during sleep.... Caniac Indoctrination!!!!!

I want the Canes goal horn blowing out of SOMETHING of mine! Must have! Must have! woooo -hooooooo!

I think I am seriously deprived.

Ok- can someone start the countdown thread to how many days until the exhibition season starts?????? Like a page with pictures of monthly calendar pages on it and every day another day gets marked off until....... !!!!! :P

(oh, and gotta say that the whole driving to Potsdam, NY thing had me in stitches AGAIN, and painting I-90 as The Highway To Hell sounded like a pretty damned skippy thing to do, if someone had done it!!!!! Just my humble opinion)

292. You have every color of parking pass on your dashboard, and the season's been over for a week.

hahaha I have mine all with the tickets from all the games I went to. I just can't seem to throw them away LOL

294. YKYACW you are always at the Hurricanes games when they give out free hats on 'Hat Day'

295. YKYACW you have newspaper clippings of almost every game on your walls, even if they lost.

296. YKYACW you collect the 'Slice of the Ice' posters in the N&O.

:D

293: You know you're a Caniac when you only buy Carolina Hurricanes scratch off tickets

hopefully no one else has sad that.

hehehhe I do this.