The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
carolina_kat

Price of tickets going up

Hmm... well then is it worth just paying $8 to park each night? Because I went to about 10 home games last year and never had an issue leaving the arena. We always got out pretty quick.

Mary, I'm curious. What time did you usually arrive?

I thought parking (getting in specifically) a pain most of the year. On sell out nights, things would usually just fall apart. Quite a few times, it took me almost an hour to get to my seat from the time that I got off of the freeway. I could tell you stories but what's the point? Needless to say, I tried to arrive an hour early to avoid the frustration of parking (how many times would the parkers not let me in the lot I wanted to go to just to let cars 3 behind me park there .... or LETTING me into a lot and having NO spaces) that seemed to work. If I had to arrive at 6:30 it was usually pretty bad. I was going to upgrade to Premier this year hoping to avoid the problems but in reading th eposts on thes subject, I think that I'll pass on that.

cheap

Cheap, the one benefit of having premier is that you do get in pretty quickly. If that's your goal, you'd be ok.

Cheap, the one benefit of having premier is that you do get in pretty quickly. If that's your goal, you'd be ok.

when you buy a mini-pack (10 or 24 game season ticket) do you get to pick the games or are they predetermined. We went tohalf the games this past year and since I work 3rd shift and are also season ticket holders for NCSU basketball, staying out late 62 nights during the basketball/hockey season is not really an option. so we opted to go to all the weekend games using the family friendly $10.29 seats, would prefer to do that again in order to attend the games we want to see. We like seeing all east conf teams once as well as all the western conf teams on the schedule.

Also do you make a deposit now and pay the balance in the fall?

Also just looked at the st pdf file and it said accepting no new orders for the upper goal zone seats, just talked the wife into buying them and now they are not available, darn!

when you buy a mini-pack (10 or 24 game season ticket) do you get to pick the games or are they predetermined. We went tohalf the games this past year and since I work 3rd shift and are also season ticket holders for NCSU basketball, staying out late 62 nights during the basketball/hockey season is not really an option. so we opted to go to all the weekend games using the family friendly $10.29 seats, would prefer to do that again in order to attend the games we want to see. We like seeing all east conf teams once as well as all the western conf teams on the schedule.

Also do you make a deposit now and pay the balance in the fall?

Also just looked at the st pdf file and it said accepting no new orders for the upper goal zone seats, just talked the wife into buying them and now they are not available, darn!

The ten pack games are set, but they had three choices: a Tues/Wed/Thurs pack, a Thurs/Fri/Sat pack, and an all weekend pack.

According to the info I got yesterday in the mail, the ticket prices only went up at the gate.

that is correct and only an average of $5.

Hmm... well then is it worth just paying $8 to park each night? Because I went to about 10 home games last year and never had an issue leaving the arena. We always got out pretty quick.

Mary, I'm curious. What time did you usually arrive?

I thought parking (getting in specifically) a pain most of the year. On sell out nights, things would usually just fall apart. Quite a few times, it took me almost an hour to get to my seat from the time that I got off of the freeway. I could tell you stories but what's the point? Needless to say, I tried to arrive an hour early to avoid the frustration of parking (how many times would the parkers not let me in the lot I wanted to go to just to let cars 3 behind me park there .... or LETTING me into a lot and having NO spaces) that seemed to work. If I had to arrive at 6:30 it was usually pretty bad. I was going to upgrade to Premier this year hoping to avoid the problems but in reading th eposts on thes subject, I think that I'll pass on that.

cheap

If a game started at 7, we would try to get there between 6:15 and 6:30 because I like to go watch the practices. We come in from Wade Ave and then take the Edwards Mill exit and go in the first entrance. We don't ever try to get in a specific lot... but I've found that if you get in one of the far 2 left turning lanes from Edwards Mill you tend to get to park faster. That definitely worked for us for the sell-out Sharks game, even with all the tailgaters, and also the final game.

Yes, last year they reduced the benefits of Premeir parking (PP). From 1999 until last season, PP was limited, per documents they sent out. Last year they sold as many PP permits as requested, per parking management.

Entering is just as fast if you are in a General lot. Exiting is faster from a General lot- there is no preferential treatment shown to PP exiting.

Bottom line is why pay more for inferior service?

Yes, last year they reduced the benefits of Premeir parking (PP). From 1999 until last season, PP was limited, per documents they sent out. Last year they sold as many PP permits as requested, per parking management.

Entering is just as fast if you are in a General lot. Exiting is faster from a General lot- there is no preferential treatment shown to PP exiting.

Bottom line is why pay more for inferior service?

Exactly, the only preferrential treatment per my ticket rep is guaranteed paved parking for late arrivals. i am always there early so no big issue for me.

I don't believe the ticket prices are going to rise. There's an article about it on the homepage.

The 10.29 tickets were a promotional event sponsered by 102.9 (The Canes radio station). I'm sure they'll have it again this year.

full-season and partial season ticket prices aren't going up. Individual ticket prices are going up about $5 a ticket

just got our invoice and our tickets did not go up......yeah! Now I can upgrade the number of games we attend!

Here's the official ticket pricing PDF:

http://cdn.nhl.com/hurricanes/ext/0708SeasonTicketPricing.pdf' target="_blank">http://cdn.nhl.com/hurricanes/ext/0708Seas...cketPricing.pdf[/post]

Note the Upper Goal Zone gate price is listed as $20. Last year it was listed as $10.29. Seems the cheap seats doubled. :(

And they are not accepting any new ticket plans in this section.

they didn't go up, they have always been that price. last few season 102.9 sponsored that section hence the $10.29 tickets and a few seasons before that 96.1 did and they were $9.61 i think. it has always been my understanding that the Upper Goal Zones were never available for ticket plans, according to my rep the only reason i was allowed to was because i was grandfathered in from seasons prior.

My quick thoughts on the parking...I reached out to the person mentioned earlier in this thread with my thoughts about how they mishandle the Premier lot after games. I basically got the brush-off. He just told me why they do what they do and expressed no interest in the actual issue that exists.

Thankfully my Premier passes were given to me for some games by a friend to didn't use them. Had I paid...I'd have been much more upset.

One thing we noticed in Premier parking is to park just a bit further out away from the building. The walk is about 2 minutes more but you save time upon exiting. The thing I hated about premier parking was that they let taxis exit before people who actually PAID to be in the lots.

One of the complaints on my premier season ticket holder survey was about the parking. The premier parking at other events is awesome - you are basically treated like VIP. Not so at hockey events.

One thing that seems to be a problem with the RBC Center as opposed to many other sports arenas is that since it's not in a downtown area, they had to build all the parking around the arena. Most arenas have parking lots spread around the area, with varying prices and walks to get into the arena. The problem here would be that most everyone leaves right after the game, and they're all looking to exit onto the same, limited number of roads in a fairly concentrated area. I think nothing the parking staff can do would help this parking problem very much, it's just something we'll have to deal with.

And for the record, I always park across Trinity in the free lot at the edge of the fairgrounds. Never have too much of a problem getting out and the walk is nothing horrible (though I'm used to walking 10 minutes to and from all of my classes).

Doing some very quick, very rough math ($37.91 x 17,386 x 41) and not factoring in other variables such as which seat prices were typically sold, concessions money, parking money, ticket discounts, etc. the Hurricanes made about $27,023,233.66 this past season. Very rough, but it gives a slight idea of what was made on tickets last season.

I am soo lucky that i live right down the street from the RBC center because I walked to all the games that i went to last season and it was really great not having to sit in traffic for a long time(except for the winter).

Here's the official ticket pricing PDF:

http://cdn.nhl.com/hurricanes/ext/0708Seas...cketPricing.pdf

Note the Upper Goal Zone gate price is listed as $20. Last year it was listed as $10.29. Seems the cheap seats doubled. :(

And they are not accepting any new ticket plans in this section.

they didn't go up, they have always been that price. last few season 102.9 sponsored that section hence the $10.29 tickets and a few seasons before that 96.1 did and they were $9.61 i think. it has always been my understanding that the Upper Goal Zones were never available for ticket plans, according to my rep the only reason i was allowed to was because i was grandfathered in from seasons prior.

I know the $10.29 was a promo. But you cannot tell me (or my wallet) the price didn't go up. I'll be paying double for those tickets now and that's what counts. :P Best bang for the buck when you take three kids.

I also said wth about the ticket plans. Maybe a few people have them from waaay back before the 102.9 and 96.1 promos started?

i definately agree about the best bang for the buck, another radio station may sign on for a promo so just hope it is a station on the lower end of the dial (i.e. 88.1 = $8.81 tickets) LOL!!!! those deals aren't usually ironed out until august or september so their is still a chance.