The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CaniacInCary

World Championships: Canes coverage

i didnt even realize commodore was from canada! oh well, best of luck to our guys, maybe they can learn a thing or two in the international play....even if its an austrian team.

Canada won 3-2 against Germany today. Eric Staal scored a goal assisted by Justin Williams and Barret Jackman.

Unfortunately, Dennis Seidenberg's brother Yannic left the game with a concussion after a dirty hit from Shea Weber (who got 5min+game misconduct for checking to the head).

Dwayne Roloson was in net for Canada, but let in a shot from center ice to tie the game in the second period.

A few minutes into the 3rd period of USA v. Belarus and we're up 5-1. Grahame's in net again. LaRose got a goal - as did Jack Johnson!

Has Cole or Hutch produced anything today yet?

cole scored in the first game against austria. And in that same game they said that hutch scored but then they changed it to some one else but i think he got an assist. And cole is working the point during the power plays and he is doing a wonderful job.

cole scored in the first game against austria. And in that same game they said that hutch scored but then they changed it to some one else but i think he got an assist. And cole is working the point during the power plays and he is doing a wonderful job.

Yeah, I had heard about what they did in the first game, I was just wondering if they had done anything significant in this second game.

I am so proud that some of our guys are getting a chance to get their name up there for these games.

Yeah, I had heard about what they did in the first game, I was just wondering if they had done anything significant in this second game.

I am so proud that some of our guys are getting a chance to get their name up there for these games.

oh.. sorry. well Larose scored but thats about it.. Hutch had a penalty and cole had a great break away but the puck jumped his stick at the last minute. And Grahams was great

was Rosey's goal nice? what was it like? to those who saw it

someone from behind the net centered it and the person that was going to shoot it in left it and larose was the trailor and he basically shot it into an empty net. I liked it :lol:

Has anybody noticed? they're wearing the new unis... the tighter-fitting leggings and breezers, and the less boxy jerseys. After looking through all the gallery photos, the uniforms don't look bad, and it seems that everyone sure has plenty of room to make their moves. The material holds color dye nicely - the colors are brilliant, actually.

I wasn't sure I was going to be too fond of the new look, but it took me awhile to realize that I wasn't looking at the traditional uniforms so I had to eat my own prejudice. They're ok!

oh.. sorry. well Larose scored but thats about it.. Hutch had a penalty and cole had a great break away but the puck jumped his stick at the last minute. And Grahams was great

Sorry Caniac 24/7 but Cole scored in the breakaway. Just seen the Highlights of the game against Austria.

COLESMASH :lol:

JWillie with a Goal in tonigts Game against Norway. Canada won 4:2 :)

The U.S lost 4-3 against the Czech Republic today. They were behind 3-1 late in the the third period, only to tie it up (on goals by LaRose and Hutchinson) and then allow the winning goal with just over a minute left.

Grahame allowed 4 goals on 24 shots.

U.S scoring:

Second Period

1 - Ryan Suter (Lee Stempniak, Phil Kessel)

Third Period

2 - Chad LaRose (Keith Ballard) SH

3 - Andrew Hutchinson (Ryan Suter, Phil Kessel) PP

So does this eliminate the USA?

No this game was to decide who would get first in their group. With the loss we are 2nd in the group. Not eliminated yet.

So Chad has what 2 goals in 3 games. Maybe he will have a break out year :P

They also do player of the game for each country and Grahame got it for the US. :D

No, the loss only means that the US will play the #2 country for Group B, starting on Thursday.