The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CaniacInCary

World Championships: Canes coverage

They also do player of the game for each country and Grahame got it for the US. :D

No, the loss only means that the US will play the #2 country for Group B, starting on Thursday.

They also do player of the game for each country and Grahame got it for the US. :D

No, the loss only means that the US will play the #2 country for Group B, starting on Thursday.

Alright! Way to go Johnny!

Our guys are really doing great over there...and it's wonderful that we have SO MANY playing in the Worlds! They get to keep their games sharp and showcase the Caniac talent to anyone who is watching.

Andrew Hutchinson is having a great series, The Legendary Chad LaRose is proving all our rumors to be true, and our goalies are getting to keep their games up... ain't Johnny doing fine? I'm so happy for them all. This is turning out to be a great confidence builder, as well.

Go CANES! I don't care whose uniform you're wearing right now, every good thing you do during the Worlds, you are doing for us!

Despite being out-shot 18-7 in the first period, Team U.S.A. held a 2-1 lead thanks in part to Grahame, who stopped 29 of 31 shots he faced over the course of the game. While many of the other teams in the tournament have switched goaltenders from game to game, Grahame has played every minute for the U.S. thus far.

Go Grahame Go!! Wow he really is getting lots of ice time :)

USA's game against Germany was GREAT. John Graham gets the shutout :D and Erik Cole gets THREE assists.. and it gets even better... On monday its USA againt CANADA. I cant wait .. its going to be soooo goood.

U.S beat Germany 3-0 today. Grahame stopped all 23 shots he faced.

First Period

1 - Paul Statsny (Erik Cole, Tyler Arnason) PP

Second Period

2 - Paul Statsny (Erik Cole)

Third Period

3 - Lee Stempniak (Erik Cole, Paul Statsny)

Recap: http://live82.ihwc.net/english/article/recaps/?artId=2610#''>http://live82.ihwc.net/english/article/recaps/?artId=2610#' target="_blank">http://live82.ihwc.net/english/article/recaps/?artId=2610#[/post]

YESSSSS! Grahame get the shutout!!! Hey Coach Lavi are you watching?

YESSSSS! Grahame get the shutout!!! Hey Coach Lavi are you watching?

One shutout a good goalie doesn't make. Good for him though.

:P Ok Yoda. Watch him next season. a good goalie he is

Never said he wasn't good. He's a good goalie. But I don't see him being anything more than a backup. Once Ward gets a little more experience, Grahame's gonna see less time on the ice.

Certainly isn't on par with a 49-save shutout against Team Canada, but a solid performance by John Grahame.

Canada vs. U.S.A. should be fun.

I think you've got it the other way around Ice.

Unless Ward crashes the next couple seasons, he's gonna be the starter. I don't see that happening. I see Ward improving his play. He's young, he's got some good playoff experience, and he's got Grahame as a quasi-mentor.

Ward's already learned how to play the puck from Grahame, something that was missing during the playoff run.

Grahame had 5 shutouts his last year with Tampa. He even broke the Lightning's record for the longest shutout time. I think the goalies play in Tampa (lol) this past season has shown that indeed Grahame is a very good goalie. And just like any other team out there, if you have a good team in front of you, your goalie is gonna shine. :D

Grahame had 5 shutouts his last year with Tampa. He even broke the Lightning's record for the longest shutout time. I think the goalies play in Tampa (lol) this past season has shown that indeed Grahame is a very good goalie. And just like any other team out there, if you have a good team in front of you, your goalie is gonna shine. :D

Yeah, I had heard about what they did in the first game, I was just wondering if they had done anything significant in this second game.

I am so proud that some of our guys are getting a chance to get their name up there for these games.

oh.. sorry. well Larose scored but thats about it.. Hutch had a penalty and cole had a great break away but the puck jumped his stick at the last minute. And Grahams was great

Sorry Caniac 24/7 but Cole scored in the breakaway. Just seen the Highlights of the game against Austria.

COLESMASH :lol:

JWillie with a Goal in tonigts Game against Norway. Canada won 4:2 :)