The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Hauser

Albany River Rats

I wish the Rats would get around to finally set up their player stats-page. Kind of anoying not being able to follow how the Canes prospects are doing.

C Keith Aucoin is the River Rats nomination for CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending November 5, 2006. The River Rats captain had six points in two games last week, recording back-to-back three-point games November 3 at Philadelphia (one goal, two assists) and November 4 vs. Providence (one goal, two assists). Aucoin leads Albany in points (nine) and is tied for first on the club in goals (four) and assists. The Waltham, Mass., nativeÂ’s goal November 4 vs. Providence represented his 300th career AHL point (103 goals, 197 assists).

MILWAUKEE, WI -- Keith Aucoin scored the game-winning goal with a power-play goal with 14 seconds left in the second period, as the Albany River Rats defeated the Milwaukee Admirals 3-2 Thursday night at the Bradley Center.

Shane Willis scored two goals for the River Rats, who have won two straight road games for the first time this season.

Aucoin assisted on each of Willis' goals for his third consecutive three-point game.

Looks like the farm team is picking it up too

RIVER RATS WIN THIRD STRAIGHT

November 11, 2006 08:46 PM

GRAND RAPIDS, MI -- Keith Aucoin scored the tiebreaking goal midway through the third period and assisted on a first-period goal by Shane Willis in the Albany River Rats victory over the Grand Rapids Griffins Saturday at Van Andel Arena.

http://www.albanyriverrats.com/news/?id=11368

Looks like the farm team is picking it up too
RIVER RATS WIN THIRD STRAIGHT

November 11, 2006 08:46 PM

GRAND RAPIDS, MI -- Keith Aucoin scored the tiebreaking goal midway through the third period and assisted on a first-period goal by Shane Willis in the Albany River Rats victory over the Grand Rapids Griffins Saturday at Van Andel Arena.

http://www.albanyriverrats.com/news/?id=11368

Yes we are starting to pick it up also. Played three games in three nights this weekend and won them all. They are really starting to play much much better.

I've noticed that 3 games and 3 nights scheduling for a couple of seasons now. Sounds pretty exhausting if it wasn't for having the rest of the week off.

I've noticed that 3 games and 3 nights scheduling for a couple of seasons now. Sounds pretty exhausting if it wasn't for having the rest of the week off.
It does get pretty exhausting on the guys. Even more if they have to travel a long way like they did on this trip they had this weekend to Milwaukee on Thursday Peoria on Friday and to Grand Rapids on Saturday. But the AHL trys to keep the games to the Weekends as much as possible. I mean we have games on Wednesday nights and maybe a game or 2 on other nights but they mainley try and keep the games for Friday Saturday and Sundays because they are the days that teams seem to draw well down here.

Nov 17th, Rats lose 4-2 to the Crunch at home.

Brad Isbister and Pat Dwyer scored for Albany, which suffered its second consecutive defeat. Keith Aucoin earned an assist on Dwyer's goal in the second period which tied the score at 2-2, giving the River Rats captain points in eight of his last nine games.

http://www.albanyriverrats.com/news/?id=11403

November 18, 2006 - ALBANY, NY -- Kyle Cumiskey had a goal and an assist and Justin Peters made 22 saves to help the Albany River Rats defeat the Philadelphia Phantoms, 4-1, Saturday at Pepsi Arena.

Kevin Estrada, Ryan Bayda and Pat Dwyer also scored for the River Rats, who snapped a two-game losing streak with their first home win since October 18.

Keith Aucoin and Brad Isbister each had two assists for Albany, which improved to 2-0-0-0 against Philadelphia this season. Aucoin, the River Rats captain, now has points in nine of his last 10 games, recording 18 points in that stretch on six goals and 12 assists.

Is Stephen Peat hurt or is there some other reason for him not playing at all this year? Thanks.
Yes he is hurt. I beleive they said he hurt his hamstring. They said he should be in the lineup at the end of November or the first week of December.

November 22, 2006 - WILKES-BARRE, PA -- Micki Dupont had a goal and two assists and Jeff Deslauries stopped 17 shots as the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins defeated the Albany River Rats, 6-0, Wednesday in front of 8,087 at Wachovia Arena.

Justin Peters surrendered five goals on 15 shots in 19:20 to take the loss for the River Rats, who have been shut out in each of their five road losses, including twice by Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.

http://www.albanyriverrats.com/

hahahaa... this was vs. Lowell too, no less. That's funny somehow. Thanks for the update, Max, our trusty Rat-supporter. :D
No a problem. And to be honest that was the one of the best games if not the best game I have seen the Rats play in quiet a long time. The Rats have played some great games this season but not as good as last night. They played about as perfect a game as a team can play. We outshot them 47-18 our power play was 4-8. We only gave them 2 powerplays. And of course Keith Aucoin what else can I say about Keith he was once agin brilliant. And Shane Willis was also brilliant. They played a full 60 minutes instead of 40 or 50 minutes. Keith has been brilliant all season long for us.

They played great in this game also. Not as great as the Lowell game but still played great nonetheless. Shane Willis had another 3 point game and Keith Aucoin had 4 points. Like I said about Aucoin what else can I say about him. Terrific player. He deffintaly deserves to be in the NHL. I am glad for our sake he ain't but he should be.

Isn't it a great day when your team is firing on all cylinders? :D
It sure is. It feels so good to see this team play well even after the piss poor years we had here the past 7 years under New Jersey.It is nice to have some players that care about winning and losing.