The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Hauser

Albany River Rats

We can sympathize here in Canesville - the '02-'03 season. 'Nuff said.

I'm very happy that the Rats give you joy in Upstate this year, Max!! :D

I know you guys can. I know you guys had some tough seasons. Lets hope the rough seasons are over for both the Canes and RiverRats. Lets hope the Canes can repeat this season and the Rats can win the Calder Cup so this way here we can rule the NHL again this season and the minor league team can rule the AHL.

Wouldn't THAT be cool? I wonder how many times that's happened, that the farm team won the Calder while its majour leaguers won Stanley in the same season?
If I am not mistaken it has happend twice. The lasttime was the 94-95 season when us and the New Jersey Devils won the Stanley Cup and the Rats won the Calder Cup.

Wouldn't THAT be cool? I wonder how many times that's happened, that the farm team won the Calder while its majour leaguers won Stanley in the same season?
I would love to do it with the Canes.

I really wish the 'Canes would move Aucoin to a team that will actually pull him up, and keep him up long enough for him to get adjusted and prove what he can do. Granted, I'm biased (I went to college w/ him), but it seems like a tremendous waste to watch a guy dominate in the AHL, and not get a solid chance w/ the big club because of a full roster, or whatever their reasoning is.

I'm sure the Albany fans are grateful that he's where he is, but for his sake, and respect for his development and accomplishments, he needs to go somewhere else.

Any thoughts?

r

He has been pretty solid in the minors. I saw him a few times playing for the Lock Monsters and sometimes wished that he had shown the same confidence in Raleigh during the few chances he had, as he did for Lowell. At times I wonder too what it is that Lavi and JR don't see in him - not to give him a more extended chance at the big league and see what he can do after he gets rid of the gitters.

I really wish the 'Canes would move Aucoin to a team that will actually pull him up, and keep him up long enough for him to get adjusted and prove what he can do. Granted, I'm biased (I went to college w/ him), but it seems like a tremendous waste to watch a guy dominate in the AHL, and not get a solid chance w/ the big club because of a full roster, or whatever their reasoning is.

I'm sure the Albany fans are grateful that he's where he is, but for his sake, and respect for his development and accomplishments, he needs to go somewhere else.

Any thoughts?

r

I would really hate to think that Keith would play for another team. I would love to see him get a shot at the NHL and stay in the NHL but I would love to see it be with the Canes. You are right us Fans here is Albany are really really happy for our sake that he is here but for his sake I really think he does deserve to be up. But like I said I would love to see it be with the Canes.

I would really hate to think that Keith would play for another team. I would love to see him get a shot at the NHL and stay in the NHL but I would love to see it be with the Canes. You are right us Fans here is Albany are really really happy for our sake that he is here but for his sake I really think he does deserve to be up. But like I said I would love to see it be with the Canes.

I'm wondering if there's something about the systems that the Canes play that isn't very compatible w/ Keith's size or style of play. Or they're just too front-loaded to allow new guys into the lineup. Who knows? I wouldn't mind seeing him go back to Lowell/NJ or to Providence/Boston...just so he could get a chance in the N. I'd love to see him wheel w/ Gionta or Bergeron or something! :)

And of course i've voted... ;)

r

The River Rats official Internet website at www.albanyriverrats.com will be re-launched this week featuring a new design and graphics.
Is it really. I did not see or hear about this. Where did you see this if I may ask.