The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Hauser

Albany River Rats

Is Jesse even practicing yet, with his broken hand ??

How much longer do you think ??

I have not seen pratice in about a week so I do not know if Jesse is praticing yet or not. But I heard he will start playing again not to long after Christmas.

RIVER RATS NOTEBOOK

The Albany River Rats enter the week riding a season-high four-game winning streak and have earned standings points in seven of their last eight games (6-1-1-0). News, notes and storylines heading into this weekÂ’s action:

ØThe River Rats current four-game winning streak is the longest by the club since they won seven in a row March 26 to April 9, 2005. At 14-11-2-0, the River Rats are three games above .500 for the first time since 2004-05 when they were 4-1-1-1. They have not been more than three games above .500 since 1998-99.

ØThe River Rats recorded their 14th victory December 16 with a 5-2 win at Providence in their 27th game - the fastest the club has reached 14 wins since 1998-99 (22nd game). The River Rats did not record their 14th win last season until their 41st game. They have 30 points, a 40 percent improvement over last season after 27 games (8-17-0-2, 18 points).

ØGoaltender Justin Peters has started six straight games, posting a 2.14 goals-against average and .927 save percentage in that stretch. In his last four starts - all wins - he has posted a 1.47 goals-against average and .950 save percentage, stopping 115 of 121 shots faced. A second-round pick by Carolina in 2004, the 6-foot-1, 213-pound Blyth, Ontario native is widely regarded as one of the top goaltending prospects in professional hockey.

ØCenter Ben Guite extended his point streak to six games (three goals, four assists) with an assist December 16 at Providence, matching his career best. Guite’s point streak is the second longest recorded by an Albany player this season. Keith Aucoin, currently on recall to the Carolina Hurricanes, had a seven-game point streak October 7 to November 11.

ØRight wing Shane Willis registered his third multiple-goal game of the season with a pair of goals December 16 at Providence. His first goal of the game 49 seconds into the contest was his 100th career AHL goal.

ØWhen the River Rats host the Hershey Bears Wednesday, December 20 at 7 p.m. at Pepsi Arena it will be the 5,000th regular-season game in franchise history for the Bears, who entered the AHL in 1938. Special game pucks will be used during the contest commemorating the event.

https://webmail2.optonline.net/en/mail.html...laurel=on&cal=0

Peters seems to be waking up, or at least the guys in front of him are.

RIVER RATS NOTEBOOK

The Albany River Rats enter the week riding a season-high four-game winning streak and have earned standings points in seven of their last eight games (6-1-1-0). News, notes and storylines heading into this weekÂ’s action:

ØThe River Rats current four-game winning streak is the longest by the club since they won seven in a row March 26 to April 9, 2005. At 14-11-2-0, the River Rats are three games above .500 for the first time since 2004-05 when they were 4-1-1-1. They have not been more than three games above .500 since 1998-99.

ØThe River Rats recorded their 14th victory December 16 with a 5-2 win at Providence in their 27th game - the fastest the club has reached 14 wins since 1998-99 (22nd game). The River Rats did not record their 14th win last season until their 41st game. They have 30 points, a 40 percent improvement over last season after 27 games (8-17-0-2, 18 points).

ØGoaltender Justin Peters has started six straight games, posting a 2.14 goals-against average and .927 save percentage in that stretch. In his last four starts - all wins - he has posted a 1.47 goals-against average and .950 save percentage, stopping 115 of 121 shots faced. A second-round pick by Carolina in 2004, the 6-foot-1, 213-pound Blyth, Ontario native is widely regarded as one of the top goaltending prospects in professional hockey.

ØCenter Ben Guite extended his point streak to six games (three goals, four assists) with an assist December 16 at Providence, matching his career best. Guite’s point streak is the second longest recorded by an Albany player this season. Keith Aucoin, currently on recall to the Carolina Hurricanes, had a seven-game point streak October 7 to November 11.

ØRight wing Shane Willis registered his third multiple-goal game of the season with a pair of goals December 16 at Providence. His first goal of the game 49 seconds into the contest was his 100th career AHL goal.

ØWhen the River Rats host the Hershey Bears Wednesday, December 20 at 7 p.m. at Pepsi Arena it will be the 5,000th regular-season game in franchise history for the Bears, who entered the AHL in 1938. Special game pucks will be used during the contest commemorating the event.

https://webmail2.optonline.net/en/mail.html...laurel=on&cal=0

Peters seems to be waking up, or at least the guys in front of him are.

I think it is both. Peters was not playing that great at the start. But it was not all his fault he did not have much help either. But he has begun to pick up his play. As has the guys in front of him.

I do not know to be honest with you. You could check our website as we have done our website over and I do not know if there is anything on there to see highlights. But I will try to find out for you. I will try and get the answer for you asap.