The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
camden-yardage

Any Future Canes Equipment Sales?

I saw a few game used sticks for sale at the Eye earlier this week.

Some good deals on last year's remaining Championship stuff too, like the locker room hats for $5 and 50% off most shirts

They keep used sticks at the Eye. You can walk in any time to get a used stick. Not sure about the gloves and other equipment.

Some good deals on last year's remaining Championship stuff too, like the locker room hats for $5 and 50% off most shirts

They keep used sticks at the Eye. You can walk in any time to get a used stick. Not sure about the gloves and other equipment.

they put the sticks up on gamedays tho.

Usually at the end of the season Wally has a large equipment sale at the RecZone. You can find everything at the sale from skates, to sticks to goalie equipment. If you go over to the RecZone during the day you can find Wally there sharpening skates for people. You might want to ask him when the next sale is.

They had a huge amount of stuff (gloves, helmets, practice jerseys, skates, pads, etc.) for sale at last years Caniac Carnival...and Wally will even bargain with you if you get a hold of him. To him and the Canes equipment staff, I'm sure, this stuff is "junk" and they just want to get it moved at these events to free up their storage space.

When is the Caniac carnival normally held? Is it open to the public? I can see me using some vacation time to get to it if it's possible to get in. I just need some advance notice.

When is the Caniac carnival normally held? Is it open to the public? I can see me using some vacation time to get to it if it's possible to get in. I just need some advance notice.
It is free to attend and open to all. There's rides, attractions, autograph sessions with the players, food vendors, hockey memorabilia vendors, etc. In the post lock-out era, the Carnival has been held during the pre-season (September). In 2005 it was in conjunction with a pre-season game. In 2006, it was on a practice day (Lavi was miked-up for the practice so the fans could hear what he was telling the players in the drills, etc... pretty cool). As soon as the 2007 schedules are out, just keep checking the Canes website as I'm sure they'll post info on the Carnival shortly after that.

Last year's Carnival was on Saturday, September 30th (the weekend before Opening Night). It is free to the public, but there are events that are attendance-limited. Last year if you arrived early, you could get a bracelet to let you into the player signing area inside the RBC. The Cup was also on display so there were obviously bigger crowds than usual. And Wally does have a huge equipment sale as well, in the RBC concourse.

I went there last week and I stocked up on some of their clearance items :D

and yayyy for player socks at the Caniac Carnival.. I only found one josef sock so the guy told me I could just have it hahaha. Good times.

I wanted to buy some socks too and I found both, but I asked my little sister who was 7 to go up and ask how much they cost, then he just gave them to her.. it was so cute!

Caniac Carnival.. good times, definitely not forgetting anytime soon. As some of you guys know, Cam gave me his hockey stick that day. ;) Wooo!

Its definitely worth waking up at 600 AM to get ready and stand in line for a wristband too at 700.

Can't wait until next years. :D

On avg. how much does stuff like the sticks, gloves, etc. cost at things like this!? I'm definetly going to have to check out the next one at the Caniac Carnival in September! Last year I was too busy getting up at 5:00 to get in line for the Cup photo. I was first in line, then when I was walking in, they opened another door and let all the people who were in the back of line to rush through the doors about 20 yards away. Then after waiting in line for a bit longer to the picture, I spent the next 20 minutes arguing with one of the people heading the Cup photo event about the whole thing. After that I basically got some of the free bee stuff and bought some SC Champs merchandise before the thing with the players.