The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
bmb2jn

How does it feel?

The Canes have a great GM and if he makes the right moves then I can see a few more cups coming to Carolina. I hear you guys have a lot of rebuilding to do.

:huh: Who'd you hear that from? Our core is still intact. We just need to add some complimentary pieces, not do a full rebuild.

Define "rebuilding". Mostly, we're just looking for a couple good defensemen, which ARE getting rarer and rarer in this league. However, if Walker leaves (and it's beginning to look that way), we're also looking for a 3rd line center and winger.

Ok. I'm just curious. If I offend you then I'm sorry.

How do you guys feel going from Stanley Cup champions to not even making the playoffs?

Are you dissapointed? Upset? Embarrased? Or are you like, "Oh well we won last year, we can't win every year, I'm proud of the Canes"

How do you feel?

Personally if we were told by the Hockey Gods in the beginning of the 2005-2006 season that we had a choice to win the cup and miss the playoffs the following year or not win the cup and make the playoffs. Not a very hard decision there. You pick win the cup and miss the playoffs.

I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. If winning the cup takes missing the playoffs the next year, I'd take the cup everytime.

And personally I'd rather have won the cup and missed the playoffs, then loose 2 years straight in the ECF. :P

Like I said. CAROLINA DESERVED THE CUP. I understand that injuries are a part of the game. But what I'm trying to say is last year's Sabres had a better shot at winning the cup then this year's team.

So your saying that last years team had a better shot at winning the cup. The team who had tons of injuries and had a defense of AHL players were better than the team this year, who wasn't injured.

So I ask you this: What makes you think that if you had no injuries last year that you would have beaten the Canes?

You just said yourself that the team last year had a better shot than the team this year. Ever think that maybe it was those AHL players who got that team to a Game 7? The players who were injured last year, played this year and they couldn't get past a Game 5.

Kind of makes you go Hmmmm

The Canes have a great GM and if he makes the right moves then I can see a few more cups coming to Carolina. I hear you guys have a lot of rebuilding to do.

:huh: Who'd you hear that from? Our core is still intact. We just need to add some complimentary pieces, not do a full rebuild.

There is no rebuilding with this team. Even Denis Potvin can admit what we have here. He was on XM talking about each team and why they need to do, here's a summary of what he said about Carolina:

"Carolina has a very good core nucleus. All JR needs to do is get that one or two players, like he did in getting Weight and Recchi, and this team will be in contention for years"

This coming from a guy who hates us.

With the fact most of our talent is under 28 years old I doubt we'll need to rebuild until the inevitable Keith Primeau or Jeff O'Neill player comes along and then we'll have to replace him. But so far I dont think...dont think....anyone has that attitude just yet.

If the air pump keeps getting shoved into Eric's head I am concerned how he handles it over the long term.

Like I said. CAROLINA DESERVED THE CUP. I understand that injuries are a part of the game. But what I'm trying to say is last year's Sabres had a better shot at winning the cup then this year's team.

So your saying that last years team had a better shot at winning the cup. The team who had tons of injuries and had a defense of AHL players were better than the team this year, who wasn't injured.

So I ask you this: What makes you think that if you had no injuries last year that you would have beaten the Canes?

You just said yourself that the team last year had a better shot than the team this year. Ever think that maybe it was those AHL players who got that team to a Game 7? The players who were injured last year, played this year and they couldn't get past a Game 5.

No no no. We were doing great until the injuries. Last year we beat Ottawa easily then jumped out to a 2-1 lead against you guys. Then we started to lose players to injuries, Tallinder, Kalinin, Nummienm & McKee. Then you won 3 OUT OF THE NEXT 4.

This year we barley beat the Rangers and then got crushed by the Senators.

Last year the Sabres did have better chance of winning the Cup than this year. Among the non-injured, the Sabres had Grier and Dumont who gave some grit up front. Plus, Edmonton was a weaker team than Anaheim was this time. That said, I'm sure the "weaker" Oilers would have crushed a Buffalo team whose defensive corps was made up primarily of AHL'ers.

Either way, I still think that the Sabres would've lost either year. But last year they had a better chance.

Ok. I'm just curious. If I offend you then I'm sorry.

How do you guys feel going from Stanley Cup champions to not even making the playoffs?

Are you dissapointed? Upset? Embarrased? Or are you like, "Oh well we won last year, we can't win every year, I'm proud of the Canes"

How do you feel?

I have a teenage son that did not want to do much with the family, I had to make him go to a Carolina Hurricane game this past year, just one game he was hooked, he now loves being with us at games and now family functions. I am now and will always be proud of the Canes, I am not and never will be embarrassed to be a caniac and don't mind telling anyone that I am a caniac. The only one I am upset or disappointed for is the players, I just hope they know the bond they have with their fans.

God Bless the canes and the caniacs, we will be back!!!!

"Oh well we won last year, we can't win every year, I'm proud of the Canes"

That's exactly how I feel. VERY VERY proud of our Canes no matter what! I'm just glad the guys had time to take a rest and heal up so we can come back and kick some butt this season! It's gonna be a really good season!

I was disappointed we didn't make the playoffs but I wasn't upset or embarrassed. I'm still proud of our team. The guys will be back next season healthy & hungry.

Definitely disappointed we did not win more during the season and therefore missed the playoffs. Several players had less than their best years and I really think the short offseason made us very tired. So while disappointed with a long summer, I'm not depressed about it. I think a lot of rest and hunger will make us tougher to beat next year than this year. I expect a deep run next year.

I agree, the long rest period and the embarassement from not making the playoffs will make our guys determined and hungry. Next year will be great and i can't wait for it to start.

I'm glad we won the cup last year. It was great, winning the first Cup under the new format. When we missed the playoffs this past year, I was disappointed. Everyone was....it was a rough year. We lost some keys guys at the beginning of the year, and we were not the same team as the previous year. Granted we missed the playoffs but we made a good run at it and we came up a little bit short. Everyone can come up with the "what if?" questions regarding our personnel but the fact is, we did not play to our full potential this year. We were a "grind it out" kind of team all year long and that was fun to watch. I'm happy for Anaheim, and I'm glad that Ottawa made the finals as well. It was very nice to see them beat Buffalo in Buffalo, in OT. It was kind of cool to see....but overall, the Hurricanes, could have done much better. One thing remains, we will always have that banner hanging in the stadium and those names will be on the cup for 52 years, and then in HoF forever.

I agree, the long rest period and the embarassement from not making the playoffs will make our guys determined and hungry. Next year will be great and i can't wait for it to start.

yeahh i agree with you

they will want it more.

i cant wait for the season now!!

As a season ticket holder since 2000 and watching and reading about hockey as a fan for over 30 years here in Raleigh, I have sat through good and bad since the Canes came to Raleigh. I average 35-40 games a year since that time and I have seen them when they are good and when they could not drive a John Deere lawn mower through the arena loading dock door.

Last year was disappointing but I will live. I knew they did not have it but I wanted them to make the play-offs so the Canes Org could make money and maintain some of the momentum from last year.

I am OK with last year but I want to see what happens this Friday. after July with FAs and see what the young guys look like at training camp. I want to see Staal grow, I want to see Cole become more powerful , I want to Andrew Ladd become what he should and see Cam Ward become a Franchise goalie. I want to see Brindy be Brindy.

Play-offs or not, I see my season tickets, parking, 2 CPAs a game as my life and investment in my life....especially as I see my 5 year old nephew read the box scores every morning.

Disappointed, yea, a little.....embarrassed....no way !!!

I still support them and always will. You can't win every year. I do wish we could have made the playoffs yes, but it doesn't bother me that much that we didn't. Its just a sign that we need to work on some stuff to improve next year.

No no no. We were doing great until the injuries. Last year we beat Ottawa easily then jumped out to a 2-1 lead against you guys. Then we started to lose players to injuries, Tallinder, Kalinin, Nummienm & McKee. Then you won 3 OUT OF THE NEXT 4.

This year we barley beat the Rangers and then got crushed by the Senators.

We didnt easily beat the Sens... every game in that series was a one goal game and three were in OT. Ottawa just blew up in game 1 and re did the definition of tanking.

Ottawa didnt crush us this year, 2 OT winning games, four 1 goal games. Game 3 we played on are A** the enitre game and they could only beat us 1-0 of a lucky bounce. Game 2 Corvo's shot was so bad it was good cause it bounced off the ice and beat Miller to win it. 2 bad bounces and it could've been a whole different series. Then again it is the good ones that get the lucky bounces.

Hi, this post is very informative; however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

?

Hi, this post is very informative; however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

?

I feel like last year's team could have beaten any team in the NHL when they played to their potential. It was disappointing that they didn't work harder and smarter during the season. It felt like they just messed around until the last month or two of the season and then tried to pour it on. Sadly, too little too late. Still, after winning the cup, I won't complain if they drop every game for the next decade. it was worth it. What a RIDE!!!

I'm still proud of the team and I'm excited for this season.

I really wish we had limped into the playoffs to play Buffalo. It would have been such an awesome rematch! I think it would have woken both teams up and we would have seen some great hockey. Oh well...

Ok. Who's the idiot who posted this on the Sabres message boards? :angry:

http://forums.sabres.com/index.php?showtopic=25271

I'm not trolling you moron so why did you have to troll on OUR message boards? '

I'm just curious on how did you feel that the Canes won the Stanley Cup then didn't even make the playoffs. BECAUSE I was thinking to myself "how would I feel if the Sabres won the Stanley Cup but then we get embarrased on our night our banner was raised and then we don't even make the playoffs."

I asked this question on the Sens message board too.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

^^ Now, you know I loves ya, bmb, but you're attacking someone that we don't even know if he's a member, & even if he/she IS a current member here, you know personal attacks aren't allowed on here, & for that, my friend, I'll have to put a warning in your profile. I think most on here out of our reg. posters know that you weren't trying to show your rump over here w/ that question & we know you weren't trying to stir things up around here. Personal attacks aren't allowed on here.

And if that thread is on the Sabres boards, post your reply to it over there & please don't bring it here to ours. Have your admin deal w/ the problem there, don't make us have to deal w/ that problem here. Thanks. :)

Ok. Who's the idiot who posted this on the Sabres message boards? :angry:

http://forums.sabres.com/index.php?showtopic=25271''>http://forums.sabres.com/index.php?showtopic=25271' target="_blank">http://forums.sabres.com/index.php?showtopic=25271[/post]

I'm not trolling you moron so why did you have to troll on OUR message boards? '

I'm just curious on how did you feel that the Canes won the Stanley Cup then didn't even make the playoffs. BECAUSE I was thinking to myself "how would I feel if the Sabres won the Stanley Cup but then we get embarrased on our night our banner was raised and then we don't even make the playoffs."

I asked this question on the Sens message board too.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

We don't even know if this person posts on this board, they could be a lurker. But even so, what goes on the Sabres board doesnt need to be brought to this board.

Oh and I'll speak for myself and I'm sure others will agree, but I don't consider opening night an embarrassment. We lost in the shoot out, it was one hell of a game. Now the game against NJ when we lost 4-0, that's a different story, but the night we raised our Stanley Cup Champions banner I was not embarrassed I was proud of our team.

We all know that bmb2jn had good intentions with this thread and that he's been a great sport with all the anti Sabre posts around here too. Sorry that some idiot had to go over and start that crap on the Sabre board. That's not what we want representing us on other boards.

Lets get back on topic (colesylarose, you again!!!) and move on.