The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
SuckaPunchd

Who will make the team?

Who, of the 4 newly added forwards, and the forwards in the system, do you think will make the team in Training Camp (If any)?

I am hoping Petruzalek will step up his puckhandling/offensive flair and somehow sway the trainers. =/

I will base my decision on who shows up for Brindy Camp. Staal has been the only one to make the team out of camp.

The team will, for the most part, be the same team as last year, except healthy. The only question I have is that third line center spot.

Stillman-Staal-Cole

Whitney-Brind'Amour-Williams

Ladd-?-Walker

Adams-LaRose-Letowski

Kaberle-Commodore

Hedican-Wallin

Wesley-Seidenberg/Hutchinson/Gleason

Ward

Grahame/Leighton

I have to wonder if we might swing a trade involving Grahame or Leighton and one of those three defensemen for that center. Honestly, I'd rather see us move Seidenberg/Hutchinson/Grahame for a d-man and sign Perrault. We might, if we can't find anyone, call up Keith Aucoin.

Anything is possible, I do expect a trade including one or two D's and Leighton (maybe) for a center that can move Staal and Brind 'Amour to the same line, and have a new second line center.

i think that LaRose will take the 3rd line center spot, they have a lot of expectations for him now, and someone that makes the team will be a fourth liner. also, the canes are planning on making a defensive trade in the next couple of days... we'll see what happens.

i think that LaRose will take the 3rd line center spot

Don't let stormrider see that. He'll give you fifty reasons why LaRose can't be a 3rd line center. :lol:

Granted, his reasons are good ones. It's not likely LaRose will take over that position. We'll probably grab someone either by trades or by free agency.

The team will, for the most part, be the same team as last year, except healthy. The only question I have is that third line center spot.

Stillman-Staal-Cole

Whitney-Brind'Amour-Williams

Ladd-?-Walker

Adams-LaRose-Letowski

Kaberle-Commodore

Hedican-Wallin

Wesley-Seidenberg/Hutchinson/Gleason

Ward

Grahame/Leighton

I have to wonder if we might swing a trade involving Grahame or Leighton and one of those three defensemen for that center. Honestly, I'd rather see us move Seidenberg/Hutchinson/Grahame for a d-man and sign Perrault. We might, if we can't find anyone, call up Keith Aucoin.

I think Bobby Hughes could be our 3rd line center for this season. After the two seasons he had (whichever league it was) and as many points that he produced its time for him to play in the big league.

Who, of the 4 newly added forwards, and the forwards in the system, do you think will make the team in Training Camp (If any)?

I am hoping Petruzalek will step up his puckhandling/offensive flair and somehow sway the trainers. =/

I will base my decision on who shows up for Brindy Camp. Staal has been the only one to make the team out of camp.

You can't base it on the unofficial "Brindy camp" or even who excels in same - otherwise we'd have seen Willis, Estrada, and Isbister on the roster this year... esp. Estrada since he was reported to have fit in extremely well and played top-notch, and if I'm not mistaken Walker didn't attend the unofficial camp last year.

One really good d-man we might be able to get would be John Micheal Liles. So people say he had a bad past season and we might be able to make a trade. I'm not saying we will but maybe. One thing is for sure he is a really good defensemen that isn't "all star" good so he is kinda under the radar IMO. Also he seems like a nice guy and he has good offense on and off the PP.

I really would like to see him on our team.

There was a rumor this year involving Liles to Carolina and apparently the return they wanted was Andrew Ladd.

Keith Aucoin will not play for us.

Chad Larose will not be the third line centre. If he was going to be why do you think JR has said so many times he's going to get a third line centre? Larose will stay on the fourth line.

No one from this most recent draft stands a chance of making the team with the exception of Sutter and I would be very, very surprised if they rushed him into the nhl. The only new faces from within the organization that we have a chance of seeing, in my opinion, are Bobby Hughes, Harrison Reed or Nicholas Blanchard. I personally feel there's a good chance we may see Hughes on our fourth line next season.

I think they may trade Wallin, alot of teams have high interest in him..

Missed this before. I think it's a stretch to say "a lot" of teams have high interest in him. He's only been involved in one rumor. Anyways, he has a no trade clause on his contract and I'd almost guarantee he won't waive it and I also think Rutherford won't ask him to. He was planning on returning home to Sweden after the cup win but chose instead to sign with us long term and bring his family over here. Our management is too classy to try and ship him off after he showed such loyalty to our franchise.

I think they may trade Wallin, alot of teams have high interest in him..

Missed this before. I think it's a stretch to say "a lot" of teams have high interest in him. He's only been involved in one rumor. Anyways, he has a no trade clause on his contract and I'd almost guarantee he won't waive it and I also think Rutherford won't ask him to. He was planning on returning home to Sweden after the cup win but chose instead to sign with us long term and bring his family over here. Our management is too classy to try and ship him off after he showed such loyalty to our franchise.

Indeed. Thats why sometimes trading rumors have NO truth in them.

You can't base it on the unofficial "Brindy camp" or even who excels in same - otherwise we'd have seen Willis, Estrada, and Isbister on the roster this year... esp. Estrada since he was reported to have fit in extremely well and played top-notch, and if I'm not mistaken Walker didn't attend the unofficial camp last year.

i will base it on who shows up, to me those are the ones that take the game serious.

What are you talking about Isbister excelling in camp? The guy was a total bum. This was pretty much his last shot at sticking with a team and finally showing he can be as good as people once thought he could and he treated it like he didn't care. Was glad to see him go.

What are you talking about Isbister excelling in camp? The guy was a total bum. This was pretty much his last shot at sticking with a team and finally showing he can be as good as people once thought he could and he treated it like he didn't care. Was glad to see him go.

Did Isbister make the "show" with the Rangers and even go into the playoffs with them?

Did Isbister make the "show" with the Rangers and even go into the playoffs with them?

Isbister didn't do much with the Rangers, if I remember correctly. He played a little, wasn't producing, and was scratched.

He played 19 regular season games and put up 5 points. Played in 4 playoff games with no points before being scratched. No, he still has not and never will become the player people once thought he could be.

Read more carefully PLEASE!! I said Estrada excelled in the unofficial camp... NOT Isbister... but Isbister, Estrada, and Willis were there, so being in the unofficial camp is not a guarantee of making the team...

Read more carefully PLEASE!! I said Estrada excelled in the unofficial camp... NOT Isbister... but Isbister, Estrada, and Willis were there, so being in the unofficial camp is not a guarantee of making the team...

OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geeze, the way you worded it made it easy to misunderstand.

Liles for Ladd? Straight up? I don't believe that. JR would have jumped on that.
I don't know if he would have. Liles is one year away from unrestricted free agency while Ladd is five years away.

OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geeze, the way you worded it made it easy to misunderstand.

Ok, admit it was worded a little complex...