The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
SuckaPunchd

Who will make the team?

i think that LaRose will take the 3rd line center spot

Don't let stormrider see that. He'll give you fifty reasons why LaRose can't be a 3rd line center. :lol:

Granted, his reasons are good ones. It's not likely LaRose will take over that position. We'll probably grab someone either by trades or by free agency.

Guilty as charged, but I only need to cite one reason if you want to get technical about it. ;)

Walz is ancient. Pass. We have the money to spend on a guy like White or Stumpel.

Not ancient. A veteran. :D I was looking for a small-budget solution. The big money should go to

a top-pairing defenseman. Failing that, trade for Pitkanen. Ladd for Pitkanen. That's an even trade.

That's the thing though. Look how many defensemen we have. We're not going to sign another one. We're going to make a trade that will move one of our defensemen. Rutherford even said that. Our free agent signing will be for a third line centre. We're not going to go cheap on that and make the same mistake as last year when we brought in Trevor Letowski to play that role. I think they realize they need to spend a bit more. Rumours out of Minnesota have Todd White either coming here or going to Florida. There's a guy I'd love to have on my team. Used to see him play tons when he was in Ottawa. Good team guy and he still has the ability to put up a good points total.

There was a rumor this year involving Liles to Carolina and apparently the return they wanted was Andrew Ladd.

Keith Aucoin will not play for us.

Chad Larose will not be the third line centre. If he was going to be why do you think JR has said so many times he's going to get a third line centre? Larose will stay on the fourth line.

No one from this most recent draft stands a chance of making the team with the exception of Sutter and I would be very, very surprised if they rushed him into the nhl. The only new faces from within the organization that we have a chance of seeing, in my opinion, are Bobby Hughes, Harrison Reed or Nicholas Blanchard. I personally feel there's a good chance we may see Hughes on our fourth line next season.

Liles for Ladd? Straight up? I don't believe that. JR would have jumped on that.

Larose, Letowski and Adams is a good 4th line. Meaning: don't play them more than 8-10 minutes.

A fairly minor acquisition for 3rd line could be Scott Nichol or Wes Walz. Neither will produce the 50-60 points that JR

is looking for, but honestly, 60 points from the #3 center is unreasonable at this point with the money available, IMO.

Sutter was a nice pick up but will probably never be a big point producer. He has the character/intangibles of a Hurricane.

Actually, I think Chad LaRose should get moe ice time. He's fast, hard working, and hes proven in the past that he can light the lamp. Let him play more on offense and let his talent come to the surface. Playing on the fourth line isn't helping.

There was a rumor this year involving Liles to Carolina and apparently the return they wanted was Andrew Ladd.

Keith Aucoin will not play for us.

Chad Larose will not be the third line centre. If he was going to be why do you think JR has said so many times he's going to get a third line centre? Larose will stay on the fourth line.

No one from this most recent draft stands a chance of making the team with the exception of Sutter and I would be very, very surprised if they rushed him into the nhl. The only new faces from within the organization that we have a chance of seeing, in my opinion, are Bobby Hughes, Harrison Reed or Nicholas Blanchard. I personally feel there's a good chance we may see Hughes on our fourth line next season.

Liles for Ladd? Straight up? I don't believe that. JR would have jumped on that.

Larose, Letowski and Adams is a good 4th line. Meaning: don't play them more than 8-10 minutes.

A fairly minor acquisition for 3rd line could be Scott Nichol or Wes Walz. Neither will produce the 50-60 points that JR

is looking for, but honestly, 60 points from the #3 center is unreasonable at this point with the money available, IMO.

Sutter was a nice pick up but will probably never be a big point producer. He has the character/intangibles of a Hurricane.

Actually, I think Chad LaRose should get moe ice time. He's fast, hard working, and hes proven in the past that he can light the lamp. Let him play more on offense and let his talent come to the surface. Playing on the fourth line isn't helping.

To be fair he hasn't really proven he can light the lamp. He put up 6 goals last year. That's one less than Craig Adams, a guy who never put up numbers anywhere near those of Larose in junior. I love the guy and hope we see him getting some more minutes but I'm not sure if his skills will ever translate to the nhl level and allow him to be the player he was in the minors. I think he's earned some third line minutes but at the same time we can't take the risk of not signing a third line center and then not having Larose work out.

To be fair he hasn't really proven he can light the lamp. He put up 6 goals last year. That's one less than Craig Adams, a guy who never put up numbers anywhere near those of Larose in junior. I love the guy and hope we see him getting some more minutes but I'm not sure if his skills will ever translate to the nhl level and allow him to be the player he was in the minors. I think he's earned some third line minutes but at the same time we can't take the risk of not signing a third line center and then not having Larose work out.
Agreed...while I like Larose, if he's the best we can do as a third line center then we're in trouble...

Bobby Hughes is probably the only guy we have worth looking into at Center.. He's played two outstanding season for kingston frontenacs with this last year stats at 59 games 40goals 56assist... Other than that I dont see us bringing anyone else up..