The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Draft 2007

Would any players in this years draft that the Canes may draft have a possibility of starting the season with the Canes? I know they don't have one of the top 5 or so picks and that they don't have the best draft this year, but what if they pick a defenseman who can move the puck so well like JR wants?

I don't think there is any. This is one of the weakest drafts in awhile. No big names or players.

If that is true then, why would it be a bad thing to try and trade some of our dead weight with (babchuck, hutch, seidenburg, letowski) for that extra defenseman JR is coveting. If it really is going to be that weak then I would love to see some value for the next few years come out of it and a good puck moving D-Man would be great.

Last year, Angelo Esposito was considered one of those players that would be able to make an instant impact. If we draft him and he returns to that form, he could possibly start the season as our fourth-line center.

Per Spector's:

REPORT: COYOTES,BLACKHAWKS SWAP PICKS.

THE GLOBE AND MAIL: Eric Duhatschek reports it looks as though the Phoenix Coyotes will swap first round picks with the Chicago Blackhawks to move up and select Kyle Turris of the Burnaby Express.

EDIT: Leipold (Nashville's owner) told the NHL not to accept Bailsille's offer to buy the Predators. He stated that Bailsille wants to move the team to Hamilton and he no longer wants to sell him the team. Good news for Nashville fans I guess, but he's still doing a fire sale.

Per Spector's:

REPORT: COYOTES,BLACKHAWKS SWAP PICKS.

THE GLOBE AND MAIL: Eric Duhatschek reports it looks as though the Phoenix Coyotes will swap first round picks with the Chicago Blackhawks to move up and select Kyle Turris of the Burnaby Express.

EDIT: Leipold (Nashville's owner) told the NHL not to accept Bailsille's offer to buy the Predators. He stated that Bailsille wants to move the team to Hamilton and he no longer wants to sell him the team. Good news for Nashville fans I guess, but he's still doing a fire sale.

Wow! Ain't that some drama!!! Good for Nashville.

Chicago picks Patrick Kane

No surprise there.

Wonder if he cracks the lineup. I recall the GM on XM earlier this week and he said whoever he picks he wants them to play immediately.

I know noone likes Bettman.

But i never knew the real reason.

Can someone explain please why?

He gets most of the blame for the lockout, expanding to non-hockey markets, amongst others.

He gets most of the blame for the lockout, expanding to non-hockey markets, amongst others.

I'm glad he expanded to non-hockey markets, otherwise, we wouldn't have the Canes :)

But the guy is an idiot in everything else he decides.

Does anyone else think its ironic that the best players go to the worst teams. Well the worst teams that year.

The Turris kid looks estatic to be going to Gretzky's team. But then so would I....haha

Why did that dude find it appropriate to embarrass the hell out of Turris? :huh:

Thx Caniac97 for that INFO.

I suspected something like that.