The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Draft 2007

It kind of sucks that the organization didn't put together a draft party. I'm sick of hearing all these teams salute their fans at their draft party. I understand if the RBC center was booked, but darn, I'm sure the Ale House would have loved to have us there buying beer and food or something.

Going back to the draft. Esposito is still there. Wonder if Florida will take him to piss JR off. I still say we need a defenseman, not another center. Guess we'll find out real soon. Were next

And we'll still debating.

Here we go

Carolina Picks........

Brandon Sutter

Me happy

Now Esposito can play for the team he wants.

And Sutter can play the point on the PP, awesome.

And we'll still debating.

Here we go

Carolina Picks........

Brandon Sutter

Me happy

Now Esposito can play for the team he wants.

And Sutter can play the point on the PP, awesome.

Shouldn't help us this year, maybe not next year either. If he's already brought up by then, it's probably too soon and is an overreaction to the PP problem.

Not excited about the Sutter pick, the last thing we need is another guy who will "hit the wall" late in the season.

I agree...disapointed!

I don't know, he has the bloodlines so i am ok. especially after espisito talked about liking the habs.

It's too bad JR didn't take Cheroponov. That said, this was a pretty good pick. He seemed happy to be going to Carolina, and I think he may be on the roster pretty quickly if we can't find a third-line centerman...just throw him in the weight room with Roddie and he'll be 6'4", 205 by the start of the year.