The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Draft 2007

The rags are geniuses or the draft was rigged. I was a fan of theirs unofficially but it's now official. I hope to see him and jagr play together at least one year. Canes made a good pick but still blew it.

Caps made a great pick, the got the best d man to shore up that mess. They'll be fighting the pens for the ECF along with the rags for the next 10 years.

Little too early there to say we blew it.

lets not forget the pens STEALING esposito at 20. What a franchise that's gonna be in 5 years.

lets not forget the pens STEALING esposito at 20. What a franchise that's gonna be in 5 years.

5 years?

They have too much talent that will be needing a significant raise within 5 years (assuming players like Staal keep developing), so they will have to make some tough decisions on who to keep and who to deal. I think the future is the next 2 or 3 years before they have to start making those decisions.

5 years?

They have too much talent that will be needing a significant raise within 5 years (assuming players like Staal keep developing), so they will have to make some tough decisions on who to keep and who to deal. I think the future is the next 2 or 3 years before they have to start making those decisions.

Yeah, five years will be when the break-up begins. They have a heck of a franchise now! And certainly haven't hurt themselves with their draft or other off-season moves (other than perhaps having to give up Ouellet).

5 years?

When they deal though it will be someone with a high salary for a cheap but promising young player(s), this cycle will continue for them for quite a few years I think. It's the beginning of a salary-cap age dynasty.

When they deal though it will be someone with a high salary for a cheap but promising young player(s), this cycle will continue for them for quite a few years I think. It's the beginning of a salary-cap age dynasty.

And thats how its done. I wish you were our GM.