The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

When Does The Frenzy Start

I'll say Daniel Briere will be the first player signed. Don't know who will sign him, but whoever does will make their offer very quickly and have his name on the contract shortly after free agency starts.

Just thought I'd point out. This topic has 7 posts, but no views. :blink:

That being said, since the Free Agency doesn't appear to be affecting the Canes (unless we somehow pick out a 3rd line center somewhere), I'll follow this with a slight interest.

Just thought I'd point out. This topic has 7 posts, but no views. :blink:

That being said, since the Free Agency doesn't appear to be affecting the Canes (unless we somehow pick out a 3rd line center somewhere), I'll follow this with a slight interest.

We most certainly will make a move in free agency to find that #3 center. Todd White seems to be the #1 choice, but Michael Peca has also been mentioned. With the salary cap up to $50 million, there is also the possibility that Karmanos and Rutherford may raise their self-imposed cap and make an offer or two to some free agent defensemen.

JR said he's not going to shop around for D in the free agency, but you never know. As for Peca, I don't see him coming over to Carolina.

I would rather see Todd White with us than Michael Peca, Peca's good but he was hurt all last season.

I'd rather Todd White as well. But if not Todd then I'd rather see Radek Bonk than Peca. I'm just not a big Peca fan. He can go back to the Island.

With the salary cap up to $50 million, there is also the possibility that Karmanos and Rutherford may raise their self-imposed cap and make an offer or two to some free agent defensemen.

I dunno, since the CBA JR has shown he wants to keep 3-5 mill in reserve to use in emergencies (Doug Weight/Mark Recchi). In fact his formula worked so well in 05/06 many GM's switched to it last year.

I"d be really suprised to see us go over 48.5 mill at the very most.

I would rather see Todd White with us than Michael Peca, Peca's good but he was hurt all last season.

I'd rather Todd White as well. But if not Todd then I'd rather see Radek Bonk than Peca. I'm just not a big Peca fan. He can go back to the Island.

Bonk on the 4th line maybe, but on the third :( I sure hope not. He just doesn't have the offensive skills or the speed. Not what we need. I think I'd still take him over Peca, though. Like someones sign said during the cup finals, "You can't win the cup with a big Peca-head." Something about the guy just isn't appealing, seems like he has an attitude.

Bonk on the 4th line maybe, but on the third :( I sure hope not. He just doesn't have the offensive skills or the speed. Not what we need. I think I'd still take him over Peca, though. Like someones sign said during the cup finals, "You can't win the cup with a big Peca-head." Something about the guy just isn't appealing, seems like he has an attitude.

See you would take Bonk over Peca too. Kind of insulting to Peca, but atleast Bonk can stay healthy :P